PDA

View Full Version : Portland forumers count

Mike K.
Oct 24, 2007, 5:12 PM
Be counted!

nwroots
Oct 24, 2007, 9:13 PM
Me! I'm a PDX native currently "living" in America's fireplace(San Diego)!

PuyoPiyo
Oct 25, 2007, 2:20 AM
Native Portland, living in Vancouver. I am more actively around Vancouver forums.

Tim the Enchanter
Nov 17, 2007, 11:50 PM
Pdx Ftw!

Mike K.
May 1, 2008, 5:15 PM
So you guys are up to 35 now? That's pretty good. Any other lurkers or non-voters out there that wish to check in?

pdxman
May 1, 2008, 5:23 PM
I'm sure there could be more members if not for the email requirement. Its a good thing but thats what held me back from getting on here for a while.

nobody
May 1, 2008, 6:21 PM
I just took a 400 mile side-step from Boise yesterday, count me in.

MarkDaMan
May 1, 2008, 7:56 PM
^welcome to a better life!

anp
May 1, 2008, 9:44 PM
Grew up in Oregon, living in Boston, but finally moving to Portland in July!

Dougall5505
May 1, 2008, 10:18 PM
40 and counting!

RonSmith
May 2, 2008, 12:11 AM
Long time lurker from PDX.

pdxman
May 2, 2008, 12:13 AM
^^^Welcome!

Mike K.
Aug 22, 2008, 3:43 AM
Wow. 46 forumers from Portland!?

urbanlife
Aug 22, 2008, 6:44 AM
transplant native...I guess could be a good term for it. Been here four years now and have no desire to leave.

joeplayer1989
Aug 22, 2008, 6:51 AM
I am a Double-O member, Original Oregonian

ericb4prez
Aug 22, 2008, 7:51 AM
original oregonian.

holler.

rsbear
Aug 22, 2008, 2:31 PM
Native Portlander here. Been in LA for nine years, after three years in Boston and five years in Ventura County before that.

WonderlandPark
Aug 22, 2008, 3:14 PM
Psuedo Oregonian here, usually spend a full month or two out of the year in PDX. About to head north for another month or so next week. In Hell-A at the moment.

streetcar_hugger
Aug 22, 2008, 4:45 PM
I am a Double-O member, Original Oregonian

That makes me a OOOO member, with both my parents and grandparents all being Original Oregonian. :D

Been in the Portland burbs for 11 years now.
Back to lurk mode.

IanofCascadia
Aug 22, 2008, 4:54 PM
:previous: Com'on streetcar hugger, stay a poster... that's what makes the forum. :tup:

CUclimber
Aug 22, 2008, 4:57 PM
Another PDX native checking in. :)

horatioalfonzo
Aug 22, 2008, 5:44 PM
I was born in Oregon, along with both my parents, but I spent half my life in Washington state. Back in Oregon since 2002.

dkealoha
Aug 22, 2008, 6:20 PM
Born in Hawaii but lived in Oregon since 2 y/o!

alexjon
Aug 22, 2008, 6:21 PM
I'm retiring to Portland, but for now I'm making a name for myself in the big city

Bender13
Aug 22, 2008, 6:30 PM
Moved here two years ago from Las Vegas. I participated alot in the Vegas forms then, but since moving here I've been too busy to post much, and just occasionaly lurk. Things in my life are calming down , and I know Portland pretty good now,I probably start participating more.

2oh1
Aug 22, 2008, 8:54 PM
PDX Downtowner chiming in. Hello all!

MOPIdaho
Aug 22, 2008, 9:14 PM
My great grand parents lived and died in north Portland and my grand parents worked in the ship yards at Swan Island. After the war they moved to Fruitland Idaho which is on the Oregon border. My mother moved to Portland after high school to live with her older sisters that where attending U.P. but moved back to Idaho in the 1970's, and I moved here in 2001. Sorry for the long winded answer.:slob:

BrG
Aug 22, 2008, 9:37 PM
Transplanted from the east coast, 17 years ago.

Pavlov's Dog
Aug 22, 2008, 9:39 PM
Grew up in Portland. Living in Oslo. Will consider coming back when the Cheney-Bush regime is out of power.

hymalaia
Aug 22, 2008, 9:49 PM
i've been taking bunches of pics i've been wanting to post but i'm too cheap to buy a decent hosting service and too much a snob to use a free one. hopefully i will alleviate one of those conditions relatively soon. hopefully the one about being cheap.

carry on.

philopdx
Aug 23, 2008, 8:26 PM
Born and raised in LA (meaning Lower Alabama), been in the area for two years. Love it so far, but I may not survive the winters. May stick around or I may be seduced by the high desert/plains and it's lack of rainfall and guaranteed crisp, sunny, cold winter days.

PacificNW
Aug 23, 2008, 9:00 PM
⬆ Back in the mid 80's I lived in Dallas, and then Houston, for 4 years. I could hardly wait to get back to the Pacific Northwest. I hope you stay in Oregon. Take up skiing or snowboarding if you haven't already. :)

Sioux612
Aug 23, 2008, 10:43 PM
Raised in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and moved to Salem and stayed there for 13 years. I'm now back in the mid-west (South of Minneapolis) but I plan to move to Portland down the road.

tworivers
Aug 23, 2008, 10:55 PM
Grew up in DC, then high-tailed it west at 18. Missoula for college. Portland for a year in '96. Olympia for 4 years for the music scene (and my brother was attending school at Evergreen). And I've been in Portland since 2000. I'm not going anywhere.

bvpcvm
Aug 24, 2008, 2:34 AM
born in CA, lived in MT as a little kid, moved to OR at 8 y.o., have lived in downtown or NW since 1989, except for a few years overseas.

Okstate
Aug 24, 2008, 7:06 AM
Does Eugene for 26 days count :) Well someday soon (2 yrs) I hope to be Portlandified.

Sekkle
Aug 24, 2008, 9:53 PM
Born in Houston, only lived there for a year and a half, so I don't know anything about it. Then Connecticut until I was 12, then the Phoenix area until I was 28. Moved to Hillsboro a year and 1 month ago. I love Portland... I hope my wife has no desire to go back to AZ when she's done with optometry school in a few more years.

MarkDaMan
Aug 25, 2008, 3:20 AM
Eastern Oregon native here. Moved to Portland at 5, Phoenix at 15, back to Portland at 20 and can't imagine ever moving my home from here.

Mike K.
Aug 25, 2008, 3:43 AM
Uh. Did I say 49?

It's fantastic to see the Local growing in popularity like this. Good work!

Downtown_Gal
Aug 25, 2008, 7:12 PM
I'm a 4th gerneration Oregonian but was born and raised in Southern Oregon... a town called Winston that you've probably never heard of. Been living downtown, Portland for a few years now after finishing school in Corvallis.

CouvScott
Aug 25, 2008, 9:13 PM
:previous: Winston of the, 'I'm driving my car amongst wild animals', fame?

Downtown_Gal
Jan 27, 2009, 4:36 AM
Oh yes... thats the one.

Inkdaub
Nov 23, 2009, 12:12 PM
I have been counted.

JoshYent
Nov 28, 2009, 2:01 AM
Hillsboro Oregon raised, currently at Oregon State University =D

local photographer, i have hundreds and hundreds of local pictures, but have never taken the time to post them, i suppose i should =D

Derek
Sep 14, 2011, 4:07 AM
Old thread, I know. But I just got an apartment up here. :D

JoshYent
Sep 14, 2011, 5:37 AM
Hillsboro here =D

jaxg8r1
Sep 14, 2011, 8:13 PM
Old thread, I know. But I just got an apartment up here. :D

Welcome! :cheers:

StevenF
Feb 3, 2014, 5:49 AM
Going to bump this thread and say hi. I currently do not live in the Portland area but have plans to move there in the next couple months with my wife and kids.

PacificNW
Feb 3, 2014, 8:36 AM
Going to bump this thread and say hi. I currently do not live in the Portland area but have plans to move there in the next couple months with my wife and kids.

Welcome to Portland and the forum!

dubu
Feb 3, 2014, 8:53 AM
nw oregon my whole life. mostly oc

urbanlife
Feb 3, 2014, 2:10 PM
Moving back to Portland at the end of summer and my wife and I are never leaving the northwest again, there is no point in leaving, the rest of the country isn't worth living in.

cailes
Apr 10, 2014, 5:33 PM
recently moved here with wife and son from Indianapolis.

Love it.

PacificNW
Apr 10, 2014, 7:22 PM
recently moved here with wife and son from Indianapolis.

Love it.

Welcome to the Pacific NW!:cheers:

MarkDaMan
Apr 11, 2014, 10:27 PM
Welcome cailes!

There's a lot of good information in these subforums of things to do, but feel free to post any questions. I'm sure everyone would be willing and excited to share their favorite places to go and be in Portland.

ablerock
May 1, 2014, 1:02 PM
I am from Indianapolis and my wife and I are moving to Portland in late June. Excited to be part of the discussions here and contributing to civic/public realm of PDX in general.

PS: Don't trust a word Cailes says.

;)

PacificNW
May 1, 2014, 2:10 PM
I am from Indianapolis and my wife and I are moving to Portland in late June. Excited to be part of the discussions here and contributing to civic/public realm of PDX in general.

PS: Don't trust a word Cailes says.

;)

Welcome to Oregon... Looking forward to your contributions...

philopdx
May 1, 2014, 2:27 PM
Speaking of newcomers, in the parking lot of my apartment complex the other day, I saw three Idaho tags, two Washington's, two Florida's, one Maryland, one New Mexico, three Californian's and two Alaskan's.

Derek
May 1, 2014, 8:37 PM
Speaking of newcomers, in the parking lot of my apartment complex the other day, I saw three Idaho tags, two Washington's, two Florida's, one Maryland, one New Mexico, three Californian's and two Alaskan's.

Off the top of my head, my building's garage has/or recently had plates from the following (note that some of these listed now have Oregon plates):

2 UAE plates, one from Abu Dhabi and one from Dubai
1 Qatar
2 British Columbia
1 Iowa
1 Connecticut
1 Maryland
1 North Dakota
1 Washington DC
2 Michigan
2 Minnesota
1 Massachusetts
1 Alberta
1 South Carolina
1 Indiana
2 Louisiana
2 Tennessee
1 Texas
1 Wisconsin
3 Idaho
2 Montana
3 Virginia
2 Colorado
1 Arizona
1 Hawaii
1 Alaska
2 Missouri
10 Washington (give or take a few)
5 California
1 Pennsylvania
1 New Jersey
3 Florida
1 New York
1 Nevada

Probably a few I'm missing...

I'm convinced every single person in this building is from out of state. :haha:

M Kass
May 1, 2014, 9:29 PM
I am a native Oregonian. Silverton, to be precise. I have lived in PDX my whole adult life..
The people I generally meet that are part of the influx refer to natives with cute names like 'Unicorn' and such. It's actually a pride point to be a native, and seemingly more rare and quaint. Most natives that I know are quite welcoming of newbs.. The people who've been here for 6-10 years are seemingly the ones who are becoming super-protective of our fair city/state.. I'm no cultural anthropologist, but it's an interesting time to be here and observe the change that's afoot.. Enjoy!

zilfondel
May 2, 2014, 1:18 AM
Yeah, I'm a native as well. I have been in Portland now for... 11 years. Oh man, time flies!

cailes
May 5, 2014, 9:55 PM
It has been interesting to talk to people since arriving. I would say that the majority of the people I have talked to came from someplace. Even in my place of work, there are many European expats, along with some interesting domestic locations such as Alaska, SF, Denver and of course closer to home like Washington. It strikes me how many people are NOT from Portland.

Quite a paradigm to get accustomed to compared to Indianapolis, where most people were from within the state or the midwest.

SLCdude
Apr 25, 2016, 8:36 PM
Salt Lake City resident moving to Portland to attend PSU's MURP Program!