PDA

View Full Version : One photo of uptown Phoenix:

Don B.
Aug 8, 2007, 4:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/don85259/Downtown%20Phoenix%20-%20night/IMG_2560copy.jpg

Taken from the 20th floor of the tower my law school is in: 4041 North Central Avenue. No tripod so it's not as sharp as I like, but it'll do, considering I was shooting through really dirty glass.

--don

PhxSprawler
Aug 8, 2007, 4:15 PM
Nice shots! This makes the area look like a nice downtown area by itself. It's too bad the uptown and downtown aren't connected as one.

FireMedic
Aug 8, 2007, 4:56 PM
Awesome pic.
got any more ?

SpringsGuy
Aug 8, 2007, 5:17 PM
Very nice pic, good job!

kevininlb
Aug 8, 2007, 5:22 PM
Thanks for posting the pic. I go between loving this area and hating it (well, disliking it). This pic makes me like it more.

Vicelord John
Aug 8, 2007, 5:29 PM
akes me miss midtown. That neighborhood has more charachter than downtown IMO

Azndragon837
Aug 9, 2007, 8:15 AM
Wow Don, that photo is stunning. I may use it as my desktop background, if you're okay with it!

-Andrew

loftlovr
Aug 9, 2007, 8:38 AM
The only thing I don't like about your pictures is how inadequate they make me feel.
(kind of like taking a leak next to the guy with a 14 inch shlong)
Okay- bad analogy-

Great pic Don- not bad considering the dirty glass too.... :tup:

PHX_PD
Aug 9, 2007, 9:01 AM
Great photo! Maybe I’m weird, but I have always loved that old “Punchcard” building. The Phoenix Corporate Center is another one of my favorites. All before my time.

Don B.
Aug 9, 2007, 1:12 PM
Wow Don, that photo is stunning. I may use it as my desktop background, if you're okay with it!

-Andrew

Of course. In fact, if you would be so kind as to tell me your desktop resolution in pixels, I can resize one for you to that exact size so it looks better.

Just don't try to resell it, okay? :haha:

The only thing I don't like about your pictures is how inadequate they make me feel.
(kind of like taking a leak next to the guy with a 14 inch shlong)
Okay- bad analogy-

Great pic Don- not bad considering the dirty glass too.... :tup:

Thanks. I'm not going there as far as your analogy is concerned, though I think it is funny. :D

You know, I've got a photo lesson you may benefit from. Just an hour of your time and we can enhance your photo taking skills by a factor of five or ten. Let me know if you are interested.

--don

loftlovr
Aug 9, 2007, 8:43 PM
Well- perhaps at Landmark on Central (or Summit by a long-shot).
I got the okay for Landmark so maybe you can teach me some pointers with my panasonic lumix!