PDA

View Full Version : DENVER | Two Tabor Center | 495 FT | 33 FLOORS

SnyderBock
Aug 4, 2007, 4:29 AM
Two Tabor Center is proposed by the new owner called, Callahan Capital Partners. They purchased the One Tabor Center (built in 1985) which includes the already constructed foundation for Tabor Two. After two decades of a foundation waiting for a building the Denver market has now become one of the more diversified, highest demand and most vibrant markets in the country. Some reports have class A office vacancy rates under 5% in Denver's CBD. The demand is high and this location is in the middle of everything.

Two Tabor Center: (http://www.denverinfill.com/block_pages/central_downtown/block_068.htm)
Tabor I was built in the late 1980's and the foundation for "Two Tabor Center" was also poured. Now, finally a building is going to be built on that foundation! ***Visit This Projects Website, Click Here!*** (http://www.callahancp.com/ftp/CCP_brochure_080307.pdf)
BUILDING FACTS:
Class: “AA”
Building Size: up to 820,000 SF
Typical Floor Plate: 20,000
No. of Floors: 40 stories (Minimum 514'+ tall)
Completion Date: 2010 (2008 Start Date)
Architect: Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
Parking: 1/1000
LEED Certified
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/covol/taborII_render.jpghttp://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb84/SnyderBock/ttc6.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb84/SnyderBock/ttc1.jpghttp://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb84/SnyderBock/ttc2.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb84/SnyderBock/ttc3.jpghttp://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb84/SnyderBock/ttc4.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb84/SnyderBock/ttc5.jpg

gttx
Aug 4, 2007, 5:03 PM
That's pretty cool - so, if I read correctly, they built a foundation in anticipation of favorable market conditions, but have stalled vertical construction until now? Interesting. The building looks pretty nice.

djvandrake
Aug 4, 2007, 5:33 PM
This one gets a thumbs up. :tup:

I can't make out any of the numbers in the elevation diagram. Is this one over 500'?

SnyderBock
Aug 4, 2007, 7:05 PM
I reduced the size of the diagrams, so they would be more friendly on this forum's web server...

It says the structural top elevation is 716' -- however, 202' is the ground level elevation. The existing foundation I believe sits on top of a 1,500 subterranean parking structure and they are including that in the structures overall height.

SO YES, it will be 514' tall above ground level if built as proposed.

P.S.
The shadow building is the existing One Tabor Center built in 1985.

Dougall5505
Aug 4, 2007, 7:12 PM
do you have a picture of the foundation

WonderlandPark
Aug 5, 2007, 12:40 AM
Glad they didn't copy the very 80's Tabor one style.

KevinFromTexas
Aug 5, 2007, 1:07 AM
Glad to see this one finally happen. I remember back in 1999 Matt and all the Denver folks hoping that tower would be built. Well, better late than never.

Denverskyscrapers.com may have it. I know Matt had the original design posted there.

Here's the page of unbuilt towers in Denver at denverskyscrapers.com. Two Tabor Center's original design, and a revised design from 1999 are also listed.
http://denverskyscrapers.com/specialfeatures_unbuilt.html

SnyderBock
Aug 5, 2007, 2:38 AM
I believe the foundation has a temporary structure over it. It's not just a foundation exposed to the elements that I can show you a picture of.

rds70
Aug 5, 2007, 5:31 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/rds70/2007pictures/tabortwo.jpg

SnyderBock
Aug 6, 2007, 3:25 AM
Check the updated renderings at the top in the master post!

Matt
Aug 6, 2007, 4:14 AM
Awesome. I didn't think Denver knew what glass was! It still, apparently, doesn't know what a spire is, though! :yes:

SnyderBock
Aug 6, 2007, 7:47 AM
Nope...

And I wouldn't get too head over heals on all these Denver projects. With the real estate market looking shaky, some of these proposals may fall through (some probably will). Only time will tell, it all depends on the market. I'm more into what Denver is doing with mass-transit. That's what got my attention focused on Denver, was their massive investments in transportation.

Being a skyscraper fan too, I naturally began looking into all these proposals Denver has. They have some promising stuff, seemingly about to go up. Still need to see more of those cranes, before I'll believe it though!

wong21fr
Aug 7, 2007, 5:10 PM
Awesome. I didn't think Denver knew what glass was! It still, apparently, doesn't know what a spire is, though! :yes:

You mean that giant stick that's stuck on top of the FT? If that's NYC's idea of a spire... :D

ontheroad
Aug 7, 2007, 7:14 PM
Classy design, good location hope it gets built!

denveraztec
Aug 7, 2007, 9:31 PM
Thanks for the post and the information Snyderboc! So true that we need to be cautious with our expectations that all of these new developments will be built. I am a native and have seen so many plans never come to fruition. But it is nice to at least have all of the plans in circulation and consideration!

SnyderBock
Aug 7, 2007, 10:29 PM
It's also encouraging that the Hotel, Residential and Commercial markets in downtown Denver are all "booming" simultaneously. No doubt, some of these proposals are going up. They can even further reduce risk -- in what has recently been called a "low risk market" -- by making these projects mix-use. The likelihood of all three building use booms downtown to end at the same time, is not likely.

Furthermore, such projects as Union Station and FasTracks and recent openings of the southeast light rail line are going to give this downtown economy a shot in the arm - thus making a recession even less likely.

I give all of Denver's major construction proposals a high probability of being built. I also rate a high probability of future proposals also being built. Denver's economy seems to be in a real good situation right now.

The Black Sheep: High rate of foreclosures in the Denver area... This may, or may not be significant in the long run. Definitely something to watch.

Lecom
Aug 7, 2007, 11:51 PM
Nice solid tower to add density to downtown. Will make a great background building.

SnyderBock
Aug 8, 2007, 10:43 PM
Nice solid tower to add density to downtown. Will make a great background building.

It would also be the tallest building in this corner of downtown - meaning it will rise above the other nearby buildings. So it's not bad at all.

WonderlandPark
Aug 8, 2007, 11:09 PM
Should bulk up the skyline nicely, especially in that area.

http://www.pixelmap.com/images/Nav/venco/tabor2.jpg
(my skyline photo)

SnyderBock
Aug 9, 2007, 6:34 AM
Excellent job WonderLandPark! That's a view (angle) of downtown Denver that I rarely see. Nice job!

navyweaxguy
Aug 9, 2007, 5:56 PM
Add that with 1401 and Teatro.. that section of DT will be a lot thicker than it used to be.

soonermeteor
Aug 14, 2007, 9:37 PM
Tower has been increased to 40 stories! :banana: Hopefully it should start in January.

SnyderBock
Aug 16, 2007, 6:04 AM
When this proposal first was announced, it was said to was going to be between 28 & 38-stories tall.

Then recently, on their official website, it was announced it was going to be 38-stories tall and it appeared they decided to go with the taller option.

Now there are reports that it will be 40-stories tall and 820,000 SF.

It keeps growing. The foundation is already built - which saves money. Money they can use to add height. The location is probably the best location in Denver's entire CBD. Class A office vacancy rates in the CBD are almost non-existent and lease rates are sky-rocketing. There really isn't any reason not to maximize this site and their investment return. The foundation was originally designed for a 41-story office building, so 38-41-stories seem very logical for this site.

In addition to these reports of the tower now being 40-stories tall, they also are reporting that construction could start as soon as January of 2008. Prior reports simply had construction start date listed as some time before 2010.

SnyderBock
Aug 18, 2007, 5:55 AM
The recently released renderings depict a 38-story tower, but it was recently announced that the design is still evolving and the building will now be 40-stories tall and 820,00 SF.

FrancoRey
Dec 6, 2007, 6:49 AM
So Callahan has just released a new revision and rendering for Tabor II. The building's height has been increased from 38 to 43 stories, and has a much improved lit crown on top! After all is said and done, this buiding may well push 600 feet! Let's hope for a groundbreaking in the next few months!

http://www.callahancp.com/images/taborII_1.jpg

Callahan Partners site:

http://www.callahancp.com/ftp/TaborII_brochure_072707.pdf

ltsmotorsport
Dec 6, 2007, 6:06 PM
Awesome. With all talk about the other Denver projects, I had no idea this one existed. I think it's my new favorite now too.

gttx
Dec 6, 2007, 8:34 PM
718 feet. Nice.

WonderlandPark
Dec 6, 2007, 9:39 PM
718 feet. Nice.

not 718, you have to subtract the base of the building, at 202ft. So 516 ft top of building.

ltsmotorsport
Dec 6, 2007, 10:38 PM
But that was the 38 story design, so the updated 43 story should be taller.

FrancoRey
Dec 7, 2007, 12:12 AM
We have pulled the new rendering per the Callahan Partners request. We will re-post the image once Callahan is ready to release their new plans for Tabor II. Sorry! ;)

Dale
Dec 7, 2007, 4:40 AM
OMG! Anybody got a height on this ?

FrancoRey
Dec 7, 2007, 4:43 AM
There is nothing official, but judging by normal heights between floorplates, plus the crown and lobby, we may be looking at 600 feet. I'm sure official numbers will come out in the next few weeks.

Floor wise, this tower is around 40 stories, with over 700k feet of office space.

Dale
Dec 7, 2007, 4:57 AM
43 floors itself could be well over 600' without the crown. In the pic, it towers over Tabor I, which I believe is over 450'.

Matt
Dec 15, 2007, 2:28 AM
^yes, but in that rendering, the mountain backdrop also makes Denver look like Aspen.

FrancoRey
Jan 1, 2008, 8:32 PM
Official sources (namely the Chief Engineer and the Denver Post) have stated that they have filed for building materials under contract and have done the preliminary examinations for foundation stability. They said that all has more or less checked out and they are ready to receive steel in MARCH. That means the tower should be done by 2010! Look for this building to move to construction status in 8-12 weeks!

Oh, and we will release a gorgeous rendering in the very near future (when we get the nod from Callahan to do so) :yes:

Look for a building of 40 stories or higher, and above 600 feet tall! :banana:

pablosan
Jan 1, 2008, 8:41 PM
I'm just waiting for all the information concerning this tower.

Fidel Castrobot
Jan 25, 2008, 9:44 PM
NEWS! NEWS! NEWS! we need an update on my favorite proposal!!!:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

FrancoRey
Feb 25, 2008, 11:54 PM
Rumors in the grapevine and bloggosphere say that there may very well be an announcement about the tower starting construction in the next few weeks. Furthermore, sources still say the tower will be the more recent and taller version that only a handful of us were able to see before it was pulled from Callahan's site. If true, wee will see a 43-story, 600+ foot version of Tabor II with a crown starting soon. Cross those fingers, knock on wood, and whatever else you deem necessary! Hopefully we will get confirmation by mid-march at the latest. :fingerscrossed:

Dale
Feb 26, 2008, 12:18 AM
*goosebumps*

The Dirt
Feb 26, 2008, 3:58 AM
Is it too early to replace the pictures of the 38 floor design wit the 43 floor design?

pablosan
Feb 26, 2008, 4:58 AM
^

I would wait until it becomes official.

FrancoRey
Apr 23, 2008, 5:43 PM
Is this official enough? :D

From Denverinfill.com
Two Tabor Applies for Building Permit
On April 21, Callahan Capital Partners, the new owner of Downtown Denver's Tabor Center, submitted a building permit application to the city for Two Tabor!

The second office tower at the Tabor Center complex, planned for the corner of 17th and Larimer on Block 068, was originally scheduled to be built following the completion of the first Tabor tower. Construction did begin on the second tower in the mid-1980s but then the oil bust put the project on ice. The developers back then got the elevator core for Two Tabor installed when they stopped construction in 1986. The core was capped with the gold-colored metal panels that still remain at 17th and Larimer, just north of the Tabor Center's plaza along 17th Street. Not having to dig a big hole and spend a year putting in underground parking should be a big time and cost savings for Callahan--just peel off those metal panels and start going vertical!

Callahan has a new design for Two Tabor. Designed by the internationally prominent architectural firm of Kohn Pedersen Fox, Two Tabor will rise 43 stories, contain approximately 840,000 SF of rentable space, and be LEED Gold certified. Here is what Two Tabor will look like now:

http://www.denverinfill.com/images/blog/2008-01/2008-01-09_2tabor2.jpg

http://www.denverinfill.com/images/blog/2008-01/2008-01-09_2tabor1.jpg

Courtesy Denverinfill.com. Enjoy, ladies. ;) :banana:

To the Admin: When you get a chance, update the building details as following:

DENVER Two Tabor Center 630 FT 192 M 43 FLOORS

bigmacdu
May 10, 2008, 6:42 PM
anyone know who the construction manager is?

FrancoRey
May 25, 2008, 1:39 AM
Unfortunately I do not know; nor do I even know if they have a construction manager at this point. The building is close to beginning construction, yet it seems there are still some hurdles to finalize such as financing. I'm sure after all funds are secured, we will know for sure the construction firm involved with Two Tabor. I would love to give you more info, but I don't think any new news will come into fruition for at least another month as Callahan finalizes potential tenants and funds for the building.

And welcome to the forum! (or congrats on the 1st post?) :yes:

NDPhilly
Jun 26, 2008, 7:06 PM
the first rendering on this page makes it look taller than 500 ft.

Jobohimself
Jun 27, 2008, 6:33 AM
Reminds me of 301 Mission in San Francisco, which is a good thing.

FrancoRey
Jun 27, 2008, 6:50 AM
the first rendering on this page makes it look taller than 500 ft.

It is taller than 500 feet. But we haven't had the admin re-make the title of the thread since we got the newer rendering; the old one was 38 floors and 514 feet. This new one is 43 floors with a huge crown, putting its height estimate at around 630 feet! :banana:

FrancoRey
Jul 14, 2008, 6:47 AM
anyone know who the construction manager is?

So I was bored and did some digging around for more info. I was able to find the construction manager for Two Tabor from this article in the Denver Business Journal:

http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2007/08/13/daily14.html

Cut from DBJ article:
Two Tabor Center will be developed by the Denver office of the Trammell Crow Co., according to a published report.

The Tabor Center complex's owner said Monday that Crow and its Denver-area development chief, Bill Mosher, will oversee construction of the second high-rise office building in the Tabor complex. The new metal and glass building, which already has a foundation, is expected to start construction in 2008 and be completed in 2010.

The Dallas-based Crow company was purchased last year by CB Richard Ellis Inc. of Los Angeles for $2.2 billion. CB also is handling the leasing for Two Tabor Center.

Hopefully we'll get more news on this awesome tower in the next 6-8 weeks. I know I'm getting antsy, since they already pushed back the tower's construction by a few months in early May. Is August too much to ask? REALLY! :(

FrancoRey
Aug 30, 2008, 5:25 AM
Update for Two Tabor. Hopefully a loan can come through even during this shaky time in the lending sector.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Callahan closer to loan for Tabor tower

Denver Business Journal
by Paula Moore

Callahan Capital Partners LLC, owner of downtown Denver’s Tabor Center office/retail complex, is “progressing very well” as it seeks a construction loan to build the property’s long-anticipated second office tower, according to the company.

Two Tabor Center, to be located next to the existing One Tabor Center at 17th and Lawrence streets, has been planned since the mid-1980s.

“We’ve had serious interest from several lenders, and are focused on one institution,” said Andrew Joa, Chicago-based Callahan’s vice president of investor relations.

Joa declined to name the lenders Callahan has worked with or how much the loan will be.

FrancoRey
Sep 4, 2008, 9:18 PM
More headlines for Tabor, this from the Rocky Mountain News. At least they are saying outright it's not dead. But I don't like the <50% chance that the tower may not start this year. :(

Two Tabor project alive, despite rumors, developer says
By John Rebchook

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Chicago-based developer of the $300 million, 43-story Two Tabor Center still needs debt financing to start construction on the long-awaited tower at 17th and Larimer streets.

However, widespread talk in the Denver commercial real estate community that the project is dead is not true, said Bill Tresham, chief operating officer of the owner, Callahan Capital Partners.

"We are spending a lot of time to line up the financing, and I think in this market, it is probably safe to say there has never been a more challenging time," Tresham said. Callahan last year paid a record $770 million for a five-building office portfolio downtown that included One Tabor Center.

"We're just in the last stages of locking up our financing," Tresham added. "We've been inside the five-yard line for a while. These are just very, very ticklish times. I can't tell you whether we will start this month or next month, or some time in the next quarter."

When pressed, Tresham said there is a "better than 50-50 chance" that construction will start this year on the building. It will take 21/2 years to build.

About three weeks ago, the general contractor, Greeley- based Hensel Phelps, came up with pricing estimates, and construction drawings are 60 percent complete, Tresham said.

Tresham said the company would like to land the debt financing without any pre-leasing, which would allow construction to begin sooner.

He said that an executive from Morgan Stanley, one of his equity partners, recently told him that Denver is one of the best markets in the world, along with Houston and Singapore.

Since the collapse of the subprime market in August 2008, the capital markets have continued to deteriorate, making it almost impossible to finance large real estate projects, even in a relatively healthy market like Denver. In the Denver area, for example, one of the few major projects recently breaking ground is the 14-story, $58 million Seasons at Cherry Creek apartment tower at 3329 E. Bayaud Ave.

Bill Mosher of Trammell Crow Co., the developer of Two Tabor, said he has heard a number of "bizarre" rumors about the protect.

"This is not a project issue, or a Denver issue, which is kind of cool," Mosher said. "Denver didn't get overbuilt like so many other places. It is a capital market issue. The problem is the capital markets do not seem to be getting any better."

Tresham said it would be a lot easier to land debt financing if they preleased a portion of the the tower, but that could mean it wouldn't be completed as quickly.

Two Tabor Center * Location: 17th and Larimer streets, to the current Tabor Center office tower.

* Size: 43 stories, 830,000 square feet.

* Cost: $300 million

* Owner: Chicago-based Calla han Capital Partners

* Architect: New York-based Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates and Davis Partnership, Denver.

© Rocky Mountain News

FrancoRey
Oct 7, 2008, 5:34 AM
Knock on wood. Hope it's true, and that a big economic downturn doesn't kill one of my favorite Denver proposals in years. We are *this* close to a mid-600 foot tower in a city that hasn't seen office tower construction of such a magnitude since 1985!

Rumor of the day:

I heard today - prior to the stock market crash - that Two Tabor has received financing and will start construction in January.

I noticed that bidclerk.com was updated today, and also indicates that the contractor is soliciting subs.

Hopefully, the credit market crunch doesn't screw this up.

Ilsaz
Nov 10, 2008, 8:30 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/06/new-design-in-offing-for-two-tabor-center/

A top official of the Chicago- based company that plans to develop the $300 million Two Tabor Center is unveiling the latest design of the 43-story office tower.

Bill Tresham, the chief financial officer for Callahan Capital Partners, plans to present the latest drawing of the 840,000- square-foot building Friday morning at the 2008 Expo Fall Forecast it is sponsoring with the University of Denver and commercial real estate groups.

Tresham also is bullish on prospects that construction will begin sooner rather than later on the tower at 17th and Larimer streets, which will take 30 months to construct.

"Basically, what I would say is that we would like to build this and we got within a breath of getting it started this year," Tresham said.

The new render has some of the commenters at DenverInfill bitching because it is too boxy/ One even saying he (or she?) would rather not see it built at all.

I really don't think Denver's architecture is that bad. And I happen to like the glassy look for this building. Those residential glass towers on the far west end of downtown are just gorgeous during sunset.

FrancoRey
Nov 11, 2008, 7:48 AM
That's correct, Ilsaz. For a 43 story, 600+ foot building likely to begin construction within 60 days, in this economy, there are sure a lot of picky forumers out there! I agree, while this new rendering isn't as glorious as the last one posted a few comments above, I am certainly not going to complain about a 43-story glass building!

I think the biggest bone to pick thus far for people is that this new rendering doesn't show the roof section of the tower. Many forumers (myself included) are extremely concerned that the revised Two Tabor design has lost its crown. Obviously this would be very disappointing for the northern part of our skyline. Plus, it would take about 30 or 40 feet off of the height of this tower. However, I am not going to completely pass judgement. We will know within a week whether or not the revised Tabor design has retained some roof ornamentation, once we at SSP or at Denverinfill receive more renderings or information from Callahan and their Expo presentation. Cross those fingers!

Until then, take this rendering as you will and be marred by the suspense. What will the roof be!?!? :gaah:

From Denverinfill.com; courtesy of Callahan Capital Partners.

http://www.denverinfill.com/images/blog/2008-11/2008-11-06_two_tabor.jpg

Scruffy
Nov 11, 2008, 5:00 PM
Loving all these renders. Thats a hot tower. Doesn't really relate to 1 Tabor Center but a cool tower on its own.

Denver_Native
Dec 5, 2008, 7:44 AM
1800 Larimer just reported to be already 80% sold in the Colorado Biz Journal. Their construction has also only just begun to pop out above the ground.
This to me seems like there is a moderatly high demand for office space in this part of LoDo. I Hope that Tabor Two will also benifit from this market and that financers will see the demand.

wong21fr
Dec 7, 2008, 3:54 PM
^Having Xcel relocate their regional HQ will do that.

T2 would need Qwest to opt to move their HQ to get a similar effect.

denveraztec
Jan 3, 2009, 3:26 AM
Any update on a crown for T2?

FrancoRey
Jan 7, 2009, 6:46 PM
Ha! I wish, but no. Nothing new. I would be uber-surprised to even see this tower get built anytime soon, crown or not. I would also be overjoyed, crown or not. Stupid recession. It's lowering my standards like venturing on a bar-trek and seeing similar prospects for a fun night. ;)

Octavian
Jan 25, 2009, 5:56 AM
This building has been cancelled for the time being.

Lorax3000
Jan 27, 2009, 1:39 AM
Are you assuming or do you have proof?

FrancoRey
Jan 27, 2009, 6:55 AM
Are you assuming or do you have proof?

Here is the article from the Denver Post which says that Two Tabor is on hold. It is actually stated at the end which is part of a larger article about a health club opening at One Tabor Center.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_11521814

Athletic club to open at Tabor

The third floor of the downtown center will be the gym's second location in the area

By Margaret Jackson
The Denver Post

Colorado Athletic Clubs is opening a second downtown location at Tabor Center.

The club will occupy 39,000 square feet on the third floor of the building.

Ed Williams, president and chief executive of the Wellbridge Co./Colorado Athletic Clubs, said there is room for both the existing club on Welton Street and the new club on the 16th Street Mall.

"They serve two complete, distinct markets," he said.

Welton serves the south end of downtown, and Tabor will serve the north end.

The new club, expected to open late this year, will have floor-to-ceiling windows, a 25-meter four-lane indoor pool, cardio and strength- training equipment, and studios for spinning, yoga, Pilates and group exercise.

The locker rooms will include steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools and massage rooms.

The space is where the building's food court is currently located.

The food court has been marginally successful over the years, said Steve Budorick, a partner and executive vice president at Calla han Capital Partners, which owns the building.

Most of the tenants have been on short-term leases. Two of the tenants are likely to relocate to the second floor, but Budorick declined to disclose who they are.

Callahan is also adding new restaurants on the ground level. Ling & Louie's Asian Bar and Grill opened in the building just before the holidays.

"This is a major repositioning effort we've been working on since we bought this asset in April 2007," Budorick said. "It will increase foot traffic through the center."

At the time Callahan purchased the building, which includes 570,000 square feet of office space and 150,000 square feet of retail, it intended to develop a second tower on the site. But with the financial markets in turmoil, Calla han has postponed building the project.

"We had financing but thought the terms might improve over time," Budorick said. "We're in a hold position right now and are keeping an eye on the economy and the financial markets."

drifting sun
May 19, 2009, 3:36 AM
Sooooo...is it still alive, or what? Anybody hear anything lately? Maybe Callahan is biding his time because he really wants to build a supertall! A guy can dream, can't he?

Chibears85
Apr 9, 2013, 10:49 PM
Sadly, this has been canceled

FrancoRey
Sep 6, 2013, 11:07 PM
New sources both on SSP an in development circles say this tower may (knock on wood) finally be ready to go vertical.

Here is a recently submitted document to the City of Denver claiming air rights for the project. It lists a building height of 484 feet, 30 stories, and was signed off in late July. However, the 484 feet mark is only the space of height variance; it appears the elevation drawing measures somewhere between 430 and 450 feet tall.

If this ends up being the final building height it will beat Tabor I by a small margin. There is speculation that there will be some sort of crown on the tower as well. This will not be as grand a design as the earlier posted renderings on earlier pages, where it was speculated this tower would be 43 stories and 630 feet tall. One could hope that they would still consider that option, but at this point it seems unlikely.

Hopefully we will get more news on this project soon. :tup:

Document on II Tabor from Denver's website, as posted in the Denver Development - Mountain West forum:

http://www.denvergov.org/web/PW-Engr/OnLineReview/OnLineReview/2013-0412-01%20Vacation%20Tabor%20II%2017th%20and%20Larimer/Legal%20Description%20and%20Exhibit.pdf

RyanD
Sep 7, 2013, 4:00 PM
Let's make this easier..

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2886/9691598695_5e227363c1_b.jpg

rds70
Sep 7, 2013, 5:38 PM
However, the 484 feet mark is only the space of height variance; it appears the elevation drawing measures somewhere between 430 and 450 feet tall.

According to the letter submitted along with the variance request, the building will be 420 feet tall.

http://www.denvergov.org/web/PW-Engr/OnLineReview/OnLineReview/2013-0412-01%20Vacation%20Tabor%20II%2017th%20and%20Larimer/Letter%20of%20Intent.pdf

Scottk
Sep 7, 2013, 9:44 PM
so that document says that the tower will incorporate a design that will extend into the airspace over the sidewalks below?

what does that mean?

The Dirt
Sep 9, 2013, 8:07 PM
It probably just means that the building will hang over the sidewalk a bit, providing pedestrians with some cover, in the process. One Tabor already does something similar along Lawrence St., so it makes sense.

wong21fr
Sep 9, 2013, 8:40 PM
It probably just means that the building will hang over the sidewalk a bit, providing pedestrians with some cover, in the process. One Tabor already does something similar along Lawrence St., so it makes sense.

That's exactly what it means. Though I think that the overhang is a lot more pronounced than anything that occurs at One Tabor Center. Looks to be about 6' of overhang into the public space above the sidewalks. If this does go through *finally* then it looks as if a B-Cycle station will be looking for another home as well.

dendenden
Jan 27, 2014, 4:36 AM
There may be some new life to this project! http://denverinfill.com/blog/2014/01/central-downtown-two-tabor-center-update.html

shakman
Jan 27, 2014, 2:04 PM
Hopefully this development will finally happen. Could someone change the rendering at the top of this page? The rendering in the upper left is the previous proposal which was to be 40+ floors.

wong21fr
Jan 28, 2014, 6:32 PM
Might as well put the updated renderings here:

http://www.denver-cityscape.com/images/TwoTabor-2014.jpg
http://www.denver-cityscape.com/images/TwoTabor-2014-2.jpg
Image courtesy of Denver Cityscape (http://www.denver-cityscape.com/)

The updated plans call for a 31-story, 420-ft building with 700,000 sq ft of space.

Yackemflaber69
Feb 3, 2015, 1:01 AM
is this cancelled?

Matt
Apr 6, 2015, 8:14 PM
is this cancelled?

Hopefully. Denver has been waiting over 30 years for a tower the size of the original Tabor 2's magnitude to rise at this site. This latest shortened "cheapo" version is an injustice to the spirit and ambitions of the original master plan, both in terms of being too short and insignificant for the site and not complementing the original Tabor 1 as it should. Really looks like it belongs in the Tech Center rather than embodying the legacy of the 30-year-anticipated Tabor 2.:runaway:

TallBob
Apr 7, 2015, 5:49 AM
This is pretty nice Denver.... Any chance of a height upgrade?

denconyny
Apr 9, 2015, 6:33 PM
is this cancelled?

The City and County of Denver has a website (https://www.denvergov.org/developmentservices/DenverDevelopmentServices/HelpMeFind/SiteDevelopmentPlanReview/tabid/436366/Default.aspx) that

involves identifying all significant land and building issues that affect the design and feasibility

and in the box on that lower right of this page

Projects Under Review
View a list of projects currently under site development plan review.

is the link

Projects Status Report (PDF) (https://www.denvergov.org/Portals/696/documents/SitePlanReview/MajorProjectsReport-4.6.15.pdf)

which lists current projects that are being reviewed by the City and County of Denver. This report is updated usually every week or two.

I don't find anything listed in this current report that would indicate that there is any planning or anything else going on for the Tabor II site.

Sorry if this isn't the best news on this project, but an awful lot of other development is going through the building permit process.....

:)

Matt
Apr 11, 2015, 9:02 PM
The City and County of Denver has a website (https://www.denvergov.org/developmentservices/DenverDevelopmentServices/HelpMeFind/SiteDevelopmentPlanReview/tabid/436366/Default.aspx) that

involves identifying all significant land and building issues that affect the design and feasibility

and in the box on that lower right of this page

Projects Under Review
View a list of projects currently under site development plan review.

is the link

Projects Status Report (PDF) (https://www.denvergov.org/Portals/696/documents/SitePlanReview/MajorProjectsReport-4.6.15.pdf)

which lists current projects that are being reviewed by the City and County of Denver. This report is updated usually every week or two.

I don't find anything listed in this current report that would indicate that there is any planning or anything else going on for the Tabor II site.

Sorry if this isn't the best news on this project, but an awful lot of other development is going through the building permit process.....

:)

Awesome to hear. This proposal was an outright travesty and disgrace to our 30-year anticipation for a significant 40+ story tower to rise on the site. The pre-built columns have not been capped off, lying in wait, for the last 30 years only to "support" some insignificant excuse for an unremarkable development. The site's legacy and history alone warrants something much bigger, much better, happen here. This is a sacred ground for a prime 40+ story building. This parcel should not be betrayed.

rds70
Feb 10, 2018, 4:13 PM
It's back.....This is the fourth time, at least.

33 stories, 460 feet in height, 680,000 square feet of space:

http://www.denver-cityscape.com/images/TwoTaborRendering-21018-2.jpg

http://www.denver-cityscape.com/images/TwoTaborRendering-21018-1.jpg

www.twotabor.com

JMKeynes
Feb 10, 2018, 10:22 PM
This is great news!

What are the cross streets will the new tower be located at?

CastleScott
Feb 11, 2018, 11:15 PM
^
This will actually be on the southeast corner of 17th and Larimer Street's and it's interesting that this has been brought back from the dead again! I would have preferred the 630ft 43 floor version but something is better than nothing-I really like the angled glass design which will be unique and different downtown-its taller to than the 420 one although 420 is a good GREEN number! lol!:haha:

JMKeynes
Feb 12, 2018, 1:24 AM
Thanks!

It's good to see more action in the other Big D!

CastleScott
Feb 12, 2018, 1:56 AM
^ Your very welcome bro!;) Maybe the 4th time is the charm!

JMKeynes
Feb 12, 2018, 3:07 AM
What's the status of that 1,000' proposal for Denver?

CastleScott
Feb 12, 2018, 3:14 AM
^ It may be in the design/permit process now-its one I'm really looking forward too-the tallest between Chicago and the west coast..

JMKeynes
Feb 12, 2018, 3:43 AM
Me too. I like Denver a lot.

wong21fr
Feb 13, 2018, 3:45 PM
Just to be clear. As soon as T2 is announced our local development cycle is at an end. This is Denver's black swan event.

PLANSIT
Mar 6, 2018, 10:05 PM
Looks like height is now 495' to top of penthouse.

Urbannizer
Mar 7, 2018, 1:58 AM
The latest design relates well to One Tabor Center.

Original idea for the complex:

http://denverinfill.com/images/blog/2006-07/2006-07-09_tabor2_1.jpg

MN/WI
Mar 11, 2018, 4:24 PM
Looks very 80's.