View Full Version : Halifax panorama from Flickr

someone123
Jun 21, 2007, 2:01 AM
Up-to-date panorama of Halifax:

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4035/firstpano1py3.jpg

From http://www.flickr.com/photos/bencnh/578000874/

someone123
Jun 21, 2007, 2:04 AM
"Spice" is coming along. I wonder if any of the other similar lots along that stretch of Barrington will be developed?

Haliguy
Jun 23, 2007, 4:08 PM
Nice!!

alps
Jun 25, 2007, 12:02 AM
;)

You can really see how huge the "Queens Landing" site is (unoriginal name..). I'm not a big fan of that proposal, but it's definitely better than what's there now. The plan they've put together looks pretty mundane. It's possibly the primest real estate in the entire city, and the most visible to visitors; we should be building something architecturally striking there. The buildings pictured in the conceptual artwork look like any hundreds of others across Canada and the US.

Note: The site roughly stretches in the foreground from the largest Canadian flag over to the "BMO" tower.

someone123
Jun 25, 2007, 1:21 AM
I doubt that the final buildings will end up looking like the ones in the rendering.

Mainly I would like to see a good overhaul of the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and something decent to go in front of the Dominion Public Building.

sdm
Jun 25, 2007, 3:42 PM
I doubt that the final buildings will end up looking like the ones in the rendering.

Mainly I would like to see a good overhaul of the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and something decent to go in front of the Dominion Public Building.

Something decent could go there if Queens Landing is allowed to go ahead. My understanding as to why that project hasn't gone any father is the fact its tied to the government. A shame really cuz part of the goal was to honor the navy in 2010 with a new showcase. I personally like what they have proposed, and from many of the people i've talk they seem to like it as well.

They could always allow the developer to build the private portion of the developement, at least then it would get things rolling and give us something instead of nothing.