PDA

View Full Version : São Paulo - CAB Berrini, 215 meters. Tallest in Brazil since 1960!!

Trantor
Jun 20, 2007, 9:09 PM
40 storeys - 200m (215 with spire)
Construção/Incorporação: Bueno Netto - Cyrela
Comercialização: Abyara
Project :STA Arquitetura

Once, long ago, Brazil had some of the tallest buildings in the world outside US. It even had the tallest outside US, in 1947.

But then, all over the country, severe height limits were imposed, and altought the number of highrises being built only grew, we stoped dreaming "high".

Now, thats about to change. Brazil will erect a NEW tallest!! The tallest building in Brazil so far is Mirante do Vale, built in 1960!! (its 179 meters tall)

I have put this thread on proposals, because the building is not being built yet. So far, only the terrain where it will be build has been cleaned, but not even foundations were laid yet.

Cyrela is the company that will build it.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6795/berrini01yw3.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/gutooo/Main%20II/berrini02.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/gutooo/Main%20II/berrini03.jpg

aluminum
Jun 20, 2007, 9:56 PM
This is a very good project, but I say Brazil can do better than this.

Trantor
Jun 20, 2007, 10:10 PM
the problem is not DO better than this. The problem is some construction company getting authorization to do taller than this.

Rise To The Top
Jun 20, 2007, 10:33 PM
Make it taller and it will look good.

Trantor
Jun 21, 2007, 12:05 AM
the height is bound to municipal laws. no way to make it taller.

com.koenig
Jun 21, 2007, 12:08 AM
the spires seems much taller than 15m ???? i'd say 35m at least.
in the third render, the lower floating garden is pretty luxurious. i love it. the top gardens are nice too if they each includes a pool, also the skybridge is a good idea but maybe one would be enough or positionned differently... on the other hand the wooden frames on the inner facades are questionnable, but i guess the renders are not definitive since they're different.
overall the general design is visually attractive to me. there's something of dubai (the best part) in it, notably in the design of the top and spires - probably reinforced by the palmtrees all around :)
but actually yes, it would deserve to be taller. what are those height limits in brazil and why ?

thebestdillweed
Jun 21, 2007, 8:36 PM
why does Brazil have such tight height limits?

Trantor
Jun 21, 2007, 10:48 PM
urbanists here are against tall buildings.

Fred Savage Man Boy
Jun 21, 2007, 10:56 PM
So, I guess the question would be how did this particular project get authorization to go above the imposed height limits?

James Bond Agent 007
Jun 22, 2007, 12:37 AM
Congratulations to Brazil!!! :banana:

Nice design, too!

Trantor
Jun 23, 2007, 3:58 PM
So, I guess the question would be how did this particular project get authorization to go above the imposed height limits?

some areas of São Paulo dont exactly have a height limit. What they have is a total area limit x limit of the terrain.

The Berrini area for example... maximum area limit of a building is 2,5x the area of the terrain. The total area only includes private area, not condominium area.

Thats why you see those huge terrains around the highrises in the area. And such terrains are expensive.

So basically, a terrain of 178x86 meters. Area equals 15.308 sq meters.

Multiply that for 2,5. You get 38.270 sq meters of private area to build.

Lets say a highrise has 30x30 meters of private area per floor. 900sq meters per floor. You can build about 42 floors at maximum before reaching the limit.

Consider that the taller you build, more expensive it is. Consider that to build taller, you must have a HUGE terrain around a narrow highrise. Consider that zoning laws in Brazil, in other aspects are kinda lax, and you can build commercial highrises all over the city.

So, why spend so much money to build taller in that area, when you can simply build another tower in another area?

As for building taller than the limit, construction companies can buy the rights to increase the total area per terrain area index. But its expensive and rarely they do so.

phillyskyline
Jun 24, 2007, 4:26 PM
Would love to see a inner core develop on the Sao Paulo skyline. Hopefully, there be more new tallests on the horizion.