PDA

View Full Version : Bye, Bye Buckhead

ruffles794
Jun 16, 2007, 2:39 AM
As you all may know the last Buckhead block party is this weekend. The bars are closing and the area is being re-made into Atlanta's " Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive" What are your memories of Buckhead, favorite clubs, drinks, etc.... Mine was Lulu's and the fish bowls. What's yours??? Feel free to post pics of this weekends festivities as well.............

g-man435
Jun 16, 2007, 2:47 AM
As you all may know the last Buckhead block party is this weekend. The bars are closing and the area is being re-made into Atlanta's " Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive" What are your memories of Buckhead, favorite clubs, drinks, etc.... Mine was Lulu's and the fish bowls. What's yours??? Feel free to post pics of this weekends festivities as well.............

What in the world are you talking about? Buckhead is a certain area of Atlanta like uptown or midtown with high-end condos, shops, and restaurants. You can't just get rid of an area that big.

sunking1056
Jun 16, 2007, 2:55 AM
ruffles was referring to the Buckhead Village, future site of the Buckhead Avenues development. They're throwing a big party before they tear it all down. I heard the Gin Blossoms will be playing...?

atl2phx
Jun 16, 2007, 4:14 AM
wow...i spent a decent amount of time there in the mid-90's -- metropolitan pizza -- tongue & groove -- east village grille -- the lodge -- tutu tango -- steamhouse to name a few. never really went for many of the other spots.

ATLssMania
Jun 16, 2007, 4:18 AM
What in the world are you talking about? Buckhead is a certain area of Atlanta like uptown or midtown with high-end condos, shops, and restaurants. You can't just get rid of an area that big.

Wake up man...they have been talking about this party named, "Bye Bye Buckhead" everywhere lately. He is not saying Buckhead is going away...only referring to the party.

Andrea
Jun 16, 2007, 11:46 AM
We mostly hung out in the West Village, but I always liked the Steamhouse and closed a big business deal there once. The Lodge had great home-style cooking for lunch. Parkside and Otto’s were fun for happy hour and the Peachtree Cafe was a good spot for an outdoor brunch on Sunday mornings. Fado used to be packed every night. Tongue & Groove was a fun place to go dancing.

I’ll be very glad to see the East Village rejuvenated, but I sure hope the city is mature enough not to let it be trashed like it was in the early 2000s. Other cities seem to be able to have nightclub and entertainment districts without that kind of lunacy going on, and in fact it worked well here for many years. I’m not sure where or why the train jumped the track.

liat91
Jun 16, 2007, 10:35 PM
This Buckhead Avenues project says it will be comparable to Rodeo Dr. etc. with upsclale boutiques and shopping. Does this mean that Phipps Plaza and Lenox square will loose stores? I checked the store listings at both centers and noticed that pretty much every upscale boutique chain around is represented.

And once Buckhead Village is gone where will Atlanta's nightspot scene move to?

Teshadoh
Jun 17, 2007, 1:01 AM
Never was much of a Buckhead party whore, so no loss to me.

ruffles794
Jun 17, 2007, 2:44 AM
Aparrently the developer is the same one that developed the mall of GA. They are supposed to be providing stores that are not currently here in ATL. All new upscale stores.....

whoDean
Jun 17, 2007, 5:12 AM
I remember BAR...pretty sleazy but lots of fun for a mid-20's bachelor back in the day.