PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta: Forum Meet between July 4-7?

ATLonthebrain
Jun 11, 2007, 7:40 PM
ATL forumers,

I'm planning to visit July 4-7, and it would be great to meet with a few of those personalities I see posting here with regularity. I know the holiday falls midweek this year, but I think that may mean not as many will be traveling far from home.

Of course, we're talking about a time when summer is in full swing, so extensive outdoor activities (touring around town spotting various projects) may not be in the cards. If not, I'd be just as happy to meet for a drink and/or bite to eat and talk face-to-face vs on this board. When and where is up in the air. There are so many here who I identify with only through your respective handles, yet I don't know names or faces. Would be nice to change that.

Hope to generate some interest from the pro-Atlanta crowd. I'll check back periodically to see what the general consensus appears to be. Keeping my fingers crossed that there's both interest and an ability to make it happen. I should be fairly open on each of those days. Thanks.

ATLonthebrain

mayhem
Jun 11, 2007, 8:27 PM
I'm down if it's past 8pm. I'll check back to the thread to see when and where a meet up is planned and if I can make it!

shanthemanatl
Jun 11, 2007, 10:03 PM
I'll get back from St. Simons on the 4th, so I'll be in town. I'd love to meet!

(four 0 four)
Jun 12, 2007, 1:57 PM
Maybe somewhere like the upper deck of the 11th Street Six Feet Under where we can ooh and aah over the skyline while enjoying a nice cold beer...or lemonade.

Trae
Jun 12, 2007, 4:16 PM
I would go if I could.

cabasse
Jun 12, 2007, 5:22 PM
i'd have to wait till the next one... sorry, i'd love to be there next month but i don't think it would be possible.

we still need to meet up sometime up here though, bryant!

ATLonthebrain
Jun 12, 2007, 6:04 PM
Oh yeah, I've been hearing good things about the new Six Feet Under, and especially about the views. That sounds like a perfect spot, maybe mid-evening to watch the transition from day to night and see the city light up.

I'm there three evenings, Wed/Thu/Fri. Wed is the actual holiday, but not sure it's going to be a big deal since it is midweek. So seems like there are a couple of interested forumers so far. Keep the posts coming, and details can be worked out later. Maybe let me know, for those who are interested, whether say Thu or Fri evenings typically are better for your availability.

And Tim, I fully agree. We really need to connect. I've been here for over a year now and have yet to cross paths with you. Let's change that soon. I may venture to Downtown/Brush Park this weekend. If you think you'll be around, let me know.

ATLonthebrain

Sulley
Jun 12, 2007, 6:16 PM
Sure!

g-man435
Jun 12, 2007, 6:31 PM
Sure!

Where did you come from? I thought you left for good. :P

jfsatlbldr
Jun 12, 2007, 7:44 PM
I would like to join in with the group as well.

ATLonthebrain
Jun 12, 2007, 8:09 PM
So we potentially have:

ATLonthebrain
Mayhem
shanethemanatl
(four 0 four)
Sulley
jfsatlbldr (love all your posted pics, btw!)

Everyone feel good about Six Feet Under on West 11th?

Let's keep the list growing, ATLans, and let me know the best day for everyone (including July 4). I'd even be open to two separate meets on different days to accommodate more people, if necessary. But one bigger one would be best, I'm sure we'd all agree.

mayhem
Jun 12, 2007, 8:12 PM
Six Feet Under

Fiorenza
Jun 12, 2007, 8:29 PM
I'm there.

trainiac
Jun 12, 2007, 8:55 PM
Everyone feel good about Six Feet Under on West 11th?

Let's keep the list growing, ATLans, and let me know the best day for everyone (including July 4).

Six Feet Under is the place, I'd say. Thursday the 5th works best for me but Friday would probably be OK. Cool beans

catlike
Jun 12, 2007, 9:15 PM
I think I'm available those days, as well.

ATLonthebrain
Jun 12, 2007, 10:58 PM
And the list gets longer:

ATLonthebrain
Mayhem
shanethemanatl
(four 0 four)
Sulley
jfsatlbldr
Fiorenza
trainiac
catlike

Anyone know how much room there is on the patio/balcony @ Six Feet Under? I'll probably call sometime next week, after I have a better feel for how many can make it, and see about reserving something, if that's possible. Worth a try.

SteveD
Jun 13, 2007, 2:25 AM
I might be able to go. I'm anticipating closing on a new home on the 6th tho...

shanthemanatl
Jun 13, 2007, 2:53 AM
And the list gets longer:

ATLonthebrain
Mayhem
shanethemanatl
(four 0 four)
Sulley
jfsatlbldr
Fiorenza
trainiac
catlike

Anyone know how much room there is on the patio/balcony @ Six Feet Under? I'll probably call sometime next week, after I have a better feel for how many can make it, and see about reserving something, if that's possible. Worth a try.

You can usually call about an hour ahead and they'll put your name on the list for the rooftop deck.

The view is amazing...y'all will love it!

ATLonthebrain
Jun 13, 2007, 3:38 AM
All the more reason to celebrate, SteveD..hope you can join us.

shan, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind to call an hour or two ahead to set something aside on the deck.

I'm leaning towards Thu right now, because people typically have more going on Fri night.

john3eblover
Jun 13, 2007, 5:03 AM
i'll be there in spirit... :-(

jfsatlbldr
Jun 13, 2007, 6:21 PM
Sounds like i should bring my camera and trusty tripod.

Teshadoh
Jun 14, 2007, 1:46 AM
Sorry, I will be having tea with my prairie dog pals.

Andrea
Jun 14, 2007, 1:57 AM
Sorry, I will be having tea with my prairie dog pals.

I would come but I'm hopelessly anti-social. Too bad my real life persona doesn't measure up to my friendly internets style.

:haha:

Fiorenza
Jun 14, 2007, 2:01 AM
Oh, Andrea....I know you're married and all, but you're one of the main reasons I'd like to show up!

ATLonthebrain
Jun 14, 2007, 2:22 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing, Fiorenza. I'm sure we're not alone in hoping that you'll give it some thought, Andrea.

Dragonheart8588
Jun 14, 2007, 2:54 AM
Can I join in with you guys? It would be great to meet you guys and have some intelligent discussions. However, can I get to 6 feet under by Marta? I hate driving in midtown because I don't know my way around there. If I can get there by Marta then you guys will understand why I don't want to drive down there (midtown/downtown).

Fiorenza
Jun 14, 2007, 3:02 AM
Dragonheart, maybe my son and I can pick you up and take you, if your parents are ok with that.

Dragonheart8588
Jun 14, 2007, 3:16 AM
Dragonheart, maybe my son and I can pick you up and take you, if your parents are ok with that.

I would love too but I live in East Cobb now. I don't think you guys want to pick me up this far (Johnson Ferry/Abernathy). I can meet you guys half way somewhere. Thank you for your offer.

Sulley
Jun 14, 2007, 3:17 AM
Please, Andrea, join us. Pleeeease.

(gee, I sound pathetic or something)

cabasse
Jun 14, 2007, 6:33 AM
damn, i would go just to shake hands with andrea.

even if she won't respond to that private message i sent her a few days ago. ;)

Sulley
Jun 14, 2007, 6:49 AM
Yay, I'm flying into ATL tomorrow.... err, today?

trainiac
Jun 14, 2007, 2:37 PM
Can I join in with you guys? It would be great to meet you guys and have some intelligent discussions. However, can I get to 6 feet under by Marta? I hate driving in midtown because I don't know my way around there. If I can get there by Marta then you guys will understand why I don't want to drive down there (midtown/downtown).

The number 1 bus (Coronet Way) goes right by there on its way from the Bolton Rd area to downtown.

http://www.itsmarta.com/getthere/schedules/1.htm

Buck
Jun 16, 2007, 4:35 PM
If Andrea goes, I may too.

Andrea
Jun 16, 2007, 4:56 PM
Oh, gee, so many of y'all are really sweet. But I truly don't do real life very well.

Trae
Jun 16, 2007, 6:43 PM
I'm actually better in person that on these forums. I wish I could go.

Buck
Jun 16, 2007, 7:14 PM
The closest I've ever come to meeting another forumer is seeing one on the campus of my school.

cabasse
Jun 16, 2007, 7:55 PM
^who? i don't know of too many forumers who are currently at ksu, haha.

(just being nosy)

Terminus
Jun 16, 2007, 8:11 PM
The number 1 bus (Coronet Way) goes right by there on its way from the Bolton Rd area to downtown.

http://www.itsmarta.com/getthere/schedules/1.htm

The #12 goes nearby too - a block away - and it can be caught at Cumberland Mall.

Terminus
Jun 16, 2007, 8:12 PM
I can't go. I have a rezoning presentation that night for a 12 story condo on Peachtree in the Peachtree Heights West neighborhood.

Buck
Jun 16, 2007, 10:05 PM
^who? i don't know of too many forumers who are currently at ksu, haha.

(just being nosy)

NewnanGuy

jfsatlbldr
Jun 17, 2007, 5:20 PM
The #12 goes nearby too - a block away - and it can be caught at Cumberland Mall.
I may be mistaken but that may be the #10, at least that's the one i use to go straight to the Arts Center station. There may be several that follow the same route. Also MARTA sends a bus now directly to that same Cumberland transfer point.

Terminus
Jun 17, 2007, 6:07 PM
I may be mistaken but that may be the #10, at least that's the one i use to go straight to the Arts Center station. There may be several that follow the same route. Also MARTA sends a bus now directly to that same Cumberland transfer point.

The CCT #10 goes from Arts Center to Cumberland Mall, but the MARTA #12 goes from Midtown Station to Cumblerland Mall. The MARTA #10 was discontinued and became part of MARTA #110.

Connect
Jun 20, 2007, 5:57 AM
I would like to attend also !

shanthemanatl
Jun 25, 2007, 4:56 PM
So guys, have we settled on a date, time, and location?

MidtownMile
Jun 25, 2007, 5:29 PM
Fairly new around the city, but always great to meet new people. Can I add onto the list?

And bump on the date. Thursday woudl be my vote, but I could do Friday, too.

Fiorenza
Jun 25, 2007, 7:23 PM
Location-wise, I think somebody suggested the new Six Feet Under. Date-wise, Thursday July 5th? Time-wise, early evening?

shanthemanatl
Jun 25, 2007, 7:39 PM
6FU and Thursday, July 5 work for me. I think 7 or 7:30pm would be great---it would give us a chance to see all three skylines in both daylight and at night from the rooftop deck.

ATLonthebrain
Jun 25, 2007, 11:16 PM
So we're 10-days out now, and I see there's more interest, which is great. I was actually going to post today to bump the topic back to the top of the list.

Six Feet Under on Thursday, July 5 @ 7pm - On 11th Street west of Northside Drive.

I'll stop by on July 4 (plan to arrive in ATL early that morning) to talk to the Manager and see about getting a couple of patio tables set aside. It may work, and it may not. If not, I'll call the day of and make a reservation.

The list of Yea's I have thus far is:

ATLonthebrain
Mayhem
shanethemanatl
(four 0 four)
Sulley
jfsatlbldr
Fiorenza
trainiac
catlike
Connect
MidtownMile

That's 11. Am I missing anyone? And of those on the list, is anyone NOT able to make it? I want to have a somewhat accurate count by this weekend, if possible.

Looking forward to meeting everybody and toasting to Atlanta, whatever we individually and collectively believe its future to be.

ATLonthebrain

P.S. - Should we go to extremes and wear nametags with our respective SSP handle's for recognition/association? LOL

catlike
Jun 26, 2007, 3:27 AM
Put me down for 2. I have my trusty sidekick.

Rail Claimore
Jun 26, 2007, 9:52 AM
Put me down as a maybe.

mayhem
Jun 28, 2007, 4:46 AM
I don't think I will have the time on Thursday :(
I've got a ram jammed busy day. Hopefully I can stop by for a bit.

ATLian12
Jun 29, 2007, 3:52 AM
is this still on because im in this weekend. Would like to meet Andrea but I understand if she doesent want to meet. We still love you.

Andrea
Jun 29, 2007, 4:22 AM
is this still on because im in this weekend. Would like to meet Andrea but I understand if she doesent want to meet. We still love you.

ATLian, I am truly flattered, but I am ultra-weird and don't interact well with people in real life. (I know, how could anyone have guessed that?)

Seriously, you are sweet and I hope everyone has a great time!

Fiorenza
Jun 29, 2007, 4:53 AM
I am ultra-weird

Andrea, that's an ultra lame excuse. You're weird. We're all weird one way or another.

shanthemanatl
Jun 29, 2007, 2:14 PM
ATLian, I am truly flattered, but I am ultra-weird and don't interact well with people in real life. (I know, how could anyone have guessed that?)

Seriously, you are sweet and I hope everyone has a great time!

Andrea, the fact that you're ultra-weird only makes me want to meet you more! Come on girl, fly your freak flag with us!

Seriously, if you can't make it, I'm sure we all understand.

catlike
Jun 29, 2007, 2:25 PM
Awwww, c'mon, Andrea! Come and hang out with us!

bibbit
Jul 2, 2007, 10:26 PM
*bump*

I'm in.

-bibbit

So we're 10-days out now, and I see there's more interest, which is great. I was actually going to post today to bump the topic back to the top of the list.

Six Feet Under on Thursday, July 5 @ 7pm - On 11th Street west of Northside Drive.

I'll stop by on July 4 (plan to arrive in ATL early that morning) to talk to the Manager and see about getting a couple of patio tables set aside. It may work, and it may not. If not, I'll call the day of and make a reservation.

The list of Yea's I have thus far is:

ATLonthebrain
Mayhem
shanethemanatl
(four 0 four)
Sulley
jfsatlbldr
Fiorenza
trainiac
catlike
Connect
MidtownMile

That's 11. Am I missing anyone? And of those on the list, is anyone NOT able to make it? I want to have a somewhat accurate count by this weekend, if possible.

Looking forward to meeting everybody and toasting to Atlanta, whatever we individually and collectively believe its future to be.

ATLonthebrain

P.S. - Should we go to extremes and wear nametags with our respective SSP handle's for recognition/association? LOL

jfsatlbldr
Jul 3, 2007, 12:57 AM
Just curious if anyone would like to see plans of some new towers about to break ground. I have several and could bring them with me to the meeting.

Fiorenza
Jul 3, 2007, 2:16 AM
We'd like to see them.

MidtownMile
Jul 3, 2007, 3:40 AM
second to that.

If we're gonna geek out on skyscrapers, let's at least have some plans to drool over. ha ha!

ATLskyline
Jul 3, 2007, 4:57 PM
I wont be able to go but sounds like fun, maybe ill be able to make the next one.

Andrea
Jul 3, 2007, 5:52 PM
Just curious if anyone would like to see plans of some new towers about to break ground. I have several and could bring them with me to the meeting.

Hee! Joe, I can't imagine anyone on this forum saying, "Nah, please don't bring them." That's about like asking whether the Pope wears a tall hat.

dabigstigGT
Jul 3, 2007, 9:31 PM
Hee! Joe, I can't imagine anyone on this forum saying, "Nah, please don't bring them." That's about like asking whether the Pope wears a tall hat.

Ha! Or like Andrea asking all the guys if she should come and wear a low cut shirt!

I'm Matt, by the way- A long time lurker and had to chime in on this one...it was waaay too easy. Ya'll will be really close to me (I'm a GT student) but I will be working then. Wish I could come.

ATLonthebrain
Jul 4, 2007, 12:15 AM
Hey everybody! I'm headed your way in the morning, and will visit Six Feet Under Midtown tomorrow afternoon sometime. I'll try to get an area reserved for about 15 people to accommodate our Thursday evening get-together, starting @ 7pm. I'll post an update no later than tomorrow evening, along with what name I've given the group, so everyone is directed to the correct area upon arrival. See you all very soon...glad this is all coming together. Oh, and Happy Independence Day!

ATLonthebrain

atlantaguy
Jul 4, 2007, 1:40 PM
Have fun guys, wish I could join you.

sabino86
Jul 4, 2007, 2:56 PM
That would be bad ass, but I unfortunately cannot make it due to a prior commitment. :(

dante2308
Jul 4, 2007, 4:16 PM
I might come. I'm a bit leery about turning online meetings into real ones though.

ATLonthebrain
Jul 4, 2007, 7:05 PM
Stopped by Six Feet Under this afternoon. No go on making any sort of advance arrangements. The best I can do is call tomorrow around 6pm and get on the list for the rooftop deck. I'll put the reservation under: Atlanta SSP. I'll check back tonight and again during the day tomorrow for any last minute replies related to joining in or backing out. Thanks.

ATLonthebrain

shanthemanatl
Jul 5, 2007, 8:00 PM
Stopped by Six Feet Under this afternoon. No go on making any sort of advance arrangements. The best I can do is call tomorrow around 6pm and get on the list for the rooftop deck. I'll put the reservation under: Atlanta SSP. I'll check back tonight and again during the day tomorrow for any last minute replies related to joining in or backing out. Thanks.

ATLonthebrain

Hey ATL--

A mini-crisis has come up at work---looks like I'll be here quite late, so the chances of me making it look pretty slim.

Hope to catch y'all next time---have fun!

gttx
Jul 5, 2007, 8:31 PM

Joe - if you're ever bored and feel like scanning those, I would love to have a copy. I'd imagine they are for 12th + Midtown Phase II, etc. I'd like to see some of the ones I haven't already looked through.

ATLonthebrain
Jul 5, 2007, 8:54 PM
shan, sorry to hear you won't be joining the crew. I suspect at least part of the group will be there until around 9pm or so, long enough for dusk to set in and the lights of the city to take over. If there's even a chance of a brief late inning visit, don't hesitate. If not, definitely have to try it again next time I hit town. Thanks for letting us know.

Fiorenza
Jul 6, 2007, 3:22 AM
It was real nice to meet so many of you this evening and finally put some faces to names. Let's do it again soon and maybe some of the others can also make an appearance. Andrea, are your ears burning?

trainiac
Jul 6, 2007, 3:54 AM
It was real nice to meet so many of you this evening and finally put some faces to names. Let's do it again soon and maybe some of the others can also make an appearance.

Hey, Mr. Gwinnett.... Nah, I just wanted to say the same, great to meet everybody. It was wonderful to talk to so many folks so interested in progress.:D And huge thanks to Atlonthebrain for organizing! Have a safe trip back to D-town.

Andrea
Jul 6, 2007, 12:38 PM
It was real nice to meet so many of you this evening and finally put some faces to names. Let's do it again soon and maybe some of the others can also make an appearance. Andrea, are your ears burning?

Fiorenza, it sounds like an excellent gathering -- so many cool people here! But I'm really bad at dealing with folks in real life (as those who've met me know).

:hahano:

jfsatlbldr
Jul 6, 2007, 2:06 PM
It was a fun evening, lets do it again sometime.
Group photo and some views from the deck;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/jfsatlbldr/misc/7-05-07b019.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/jfsatlbldr/misc/7-05-07b012.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/jfsatlbldr/misc/7-05-07b010_edited-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/jfsatlbldr/misc/7-05-07b004_edited-1.jpg

SteveD
Jul 6, 2007, 2:10 PM
Great pics! OK...let's attach some SSP handles to the faces in that last photo!! Nice lookin' group!

Randy Sandford
Jul 6, 2007, 3:09 PM
Looks like y'all had a good time. I'm amazed that only 2 people from the first Atlanta Forum Meet held 3 or 4 years ago (which I attended) were at the latest meet.

BTW, is that Andrea, or is there another female member from Atlanta that I'm not aware of? Anyway, as SteveD said, someone should identify the members in that photo.

(four 0 four)
Jul 6, 2007, 3:13 PM
It was great to get together with everyone, both the new faces and 'old'!

As promised, Joe arrived with building plans and wowed the crowd!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/four0four/meet.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/four0four/meet2.jpg

I look forward to the next meet!
I typically can be seen as the blur on the way out of a picture (much prefer to be on the other side of the camera) and in Joe's picture, I managed to be a blur while standing still...how does that happen?

Trae
Jul 6, 2007, 3:47 PM

Who is everybody? And the second guy on the left looks too much like my dad. It's scary.

(four 0 four)
Jul 6, 2007, 4:20 PM
From L to R:

1) Randall (friend of mine who posts on SSC and Skyscraperlife)
2) ATLonthebrain (THANKS for setting this up!)
3) MidtownMile
4)
5)
6) bibbit
7) accompanied #8
8) Catlike
9) Connect
10) (four 0 four)
11) jfsatlbldr

Scania dropped by but missed the photo op.

Sorry I can't remember 4 or 5! Major memory loss at my advanced age!

Fiorenza
Jul 6, 2007, 4:47 PM
4 is Trainaic and 5 is me!

Fiorenza
Jul 6, 2007, 4:49 PM
It was a great choice of location. We all got a kick out of seeing the skyline change from day to night.

jfsatlbldr
Jul 6, 2007, 5:31 PM
Funny you say that Mark, i'm blurred as well and i was the one telling everyone to be absolutely still!

Connect
Jul 6, 2007, 7:25 PM
I had a great time hanging out last night. It was a pleasure to meet all of you. Special thanks to ATLonthebrain for organizing & to jfsatlbldr for being the man with the plans!

micropundit
Jul 6, 2007, 11:08 PM
Speaking of plans: what did you guys see and what did they look like? Deets!

scania
Jul 6, 2007, 11:40 PM
It was great meeting everyone and hope we can do it soon. :)

Trae
Jul 6, 2007, 11:43 PM
I hope I am there for the next one. I know you all want to meet me.

Fiorenza
Jul 7, 2007, 1:03 AM
micropundit,

Joe's company is involved in subcontractor bids on most of the large local projects. He had the structural prints for basically all projects we've discussed, as well as the AS 275(?) 17th building which none of us had previously seen, which is supposed to be built just east of 12AS on the north side of 17th St. He also had the prints for the Rodney Cook Arch.

Stratosphere 2020
Jul 7, 2007, 1:50 AM
Very nice group of people, I hope sometime to particpate as a foreigner in the Atlanta group meeting. :)

Teshadoh
Jul 7, 2007, 2:10 AM

That is a great collection of good looking people - I wish I could have gone, especially since I wasn't aware Six Feet Under had a Midtown collection. I did enjoy my last meeting, but not nearly as many people then.

gttx
Jul 7, 2007, 2:35 AM
micropundit,

Joe's company is involved in subcontractor bids on most of the large local projects. He had the structural prints for basically all projects we've discussed, as well as the AS 275(?) 17th building which none of us had previously seen, which is supposed to be built just east of 12AS on the north side of 17th St. He also had the prints for the Rodney Cook Arch.

Any info. you can share about this project? How tall it is, what's it look like, etc?

micropundit
Jul 7, 2007, 6:39 PM
Thanks ,looking forward to see these projects come on line.

jfsatlbldr
Jul 7, 2007, 7:15 PM
Any info. you can share about this project? How tall it is, what's it look like, etc?
271 17th St., 24 (true) floors (no 13th), 375' tall, 'broken trapezoid' floor plan.
Here's a list of building heights of all the other plans viewed at the meeting;
Terminus 200 @ 357'
Trump (main tower) @571'
W Hotel Allen Plaza @331'
Mansion on Peachtree @579'
Atlantic @540'
1075 Peachtree Office tower @487'
1075 Peachtree Hotel and condo tower @392'
3630 Peachtree towers @ 438' and 340'

micropundit
Jul 7, 2007, 7:46 PM
1075 Peachtree Office tower @487'

That doesn't seem to square with it being a 40 story office building does it? That seems to be a 30 story job to me.

ATLonthebrain
Jul 7, 2007, 10:02 PM
It was great to meet all of you on Thu night. Thanks for making the trek to Six Feet Under - Midtown. For some it was right down the street, and for others it was across town. I'm glad I decided to float the idea, and that more than a dozen of you agreed it was a worthy one.

Scania, even though you couldn't stay long, it was great that you stopped by to meet everyone.

I realize it's more exciting for me to see the changes in the area, because I don't live there. The progress that's made in the months between my visits makes for a much bigger WOW! factor. One thing I saw was the progress on the demo of the former Red Cross office on Monroe. I wouldn't have even known about it if not for a post in here last week.

I'll be back again before yearend, but certainly hope the ATL forumers continue to get together every once in a while.

BTW, I caught a movie at the Regal Cinema at Atlantic Station yesterday, then on to Rosa Mexicano for dinner afterwards. For what it's worth, there was a rather diverse crowd both at the movie, inside the restaurant, and in The District in general. I was there between 4pm-9pm, and even as we descended to the parking deck below, a steady stream of others arrived to be part of the AS scene.

The skyline sparkled as we climbed out of ATL last night around 10:30. I could pick out quite a few of the buildings as we flew along the west side of the city bound for Detroit. I kept thinking how much different that scene behind our Six Feet Under group shot will look by the end of this decade. Great changes, and growth, lie ahead! It'll only get better, at least that's my hope.

ATLonthebrain (Bryant)

jfsatlbldr
Jul 7, 2007, 10:12 PM
Bryant, thanks again for organizing the event. It was a pleasure meeting you and everyone. Be sure to give advance notice before your next visit so another meeting can be organized. Joe

scania
Jul 7, 2007, 10:58 PM
Bryant, thanks again for organizing the event. It was a pleasure meeting you and everyone. Be sure to give advance notice before your next visit so another meeting can be organized. Joe

:yes: :cheers: :banana: