PDA

View Full Version : Any Newfoundland forumers out there?

Canasian
May 30, 2007, 3:58 PM
I finally moved here to St. John's. What a city!! Crossing the rock was really neat, too. Newfoundlanders are really cool people.
One question? Anyone else on SSP live in NL? Am I the only one? I will represent St. John's on SSP, as this is my new home. I should be moving into my permanent location this weekend- and then I can post a whole lot of pics. :D

MolsonExport
May 30, 2007, 5:20 PM
Looking forward to the pics. NFLD/LAB is the only province that I have yet to visit.

Smevo
May 30, 2007, 5:29 PM
There are a couple of ex-pats around, but I don't think there's any other forumers with their permanent home on the island. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Looking forward to the pics!

hfx_chris
May 30, 2007, 6:49 PM
I spent two weeks in St. John's last summer and loved it. If I wasn't such a devoted Haligonian, I would seriously consider moving there.

kwajo
Jun 1, 2007, 3:03 PM
I'm moving there in September from Saint John, New Brunswick, and I'm really looking forward to it. Glad to hear you're enjoying the city, I've never been there, so any positive words just serve to encourage me further.

MrChills
Jun 1, 2007, 6:12 PM
I have not lived in St. John's for six years, but, it will always be my hometown and I long to return back to the most underated city in North America and call it home again.

I was actually back a couple of weeks ago, and haven't gotten around to posting photos from the trip, I'll have to get on top of that... tomorrow ;)

Architype
Jun 6, 2007, 1:59 AM
Yes, but I live in Western Canada now.
Hope you like it in NL - the weather has been a bit cold this year, but soon to change.

SunCoaster
Jun 7, 2007, 6:14 AM
I've never been to NL but I like to keep track of new developments etc from coast to coast and have often wondered why the Atlantic provinces forum didn't have a tread for NL ... so, Canasian you've got my full support to get this thread going!! :tup: :cheers: :notacrook: :worship:

PS. You may want to send a SSP e-mail to some of the moderators to see if they can lead you in the direction of where all the Newfie forumers are located currently ... besides Fort McMurray, Alberta that is ;) ... oh another thought ... the top forum poster for the Maritimes appears to be someone123 from Halifax ... perhaps send him a SSP e-mail too?

Canasian
Jun 8, 2007, 3:28 PM
I've never been to NL but I like to keep track of new developments etc from coast to coast and have often wondered why the Atlantic provinces forum didn't have a tread for NL ... so, Canasian you've got my full support to get this thread going!! :tup: :cheers: :notacrook: :worship:

PS. You may want to send a SSP e-mail to some of the moderators to see if they can lead you in the direction of where all the Newfie forumers are located currently ... besides Fort McMurray, Alberta that is ;) ... oh another thought ... the top forum poster for the Maritimes appears to be someone123 from Halifax ... perhaps send him a SSP e-mail too?

^^^
Thanks SunCoaster, all I have to do now is get wireless or Rodgers DSL hookup- hopefully I can get wireless this weekend or later next week- the ol paycheque situation, (you know, moving and all).:D

circle33
Jun 8, 2007, 3:48 PM
I spent 3 weeks in Deer Lake last March. Does that count?

Probably not.

I've never seen so many snowmobiles in my life as I did there. Every vehicle was either a snowmobile or towing a snowmobile.