PDA

View Full Version : Santikos to build Legacy Theatre

sirkingwilliam
Apr 19, 2007, 7:50 AM
Santikos to build Legacy Theatre

Web Posted: 04/18/2007 03:24 AM CDT

Express-News

Santikos to build Legacy Theatre

San Antonio-based Santikos Theaters on Tuesday said the company will build the Legacy Theatre, a 40,000-square-foot, eight-screen theater complex at the Legacy development at the intersection of Loop 1604 and Highway 281 North.

The complex will include a grand lobby and "first-class food and beverage service," according to Santikos.

The cinemas will have leather stadium-style seating with rock-back chairs and digital sound and projection technologies.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/stories/MYSA041807.02E.bizbriefs.297d9c7.html

sirkingwilliam
Apr 19, 2007, 7:51 AM
I'm uncertain if this willbe a first run theater or an indie/art house theater ala their Bijou at Crossroads.

This will also be across from Regal Northwoods 16.

Mopacs
Apr 19, 2007, 12:14 PM
I'm uncertain if this willbe a first run theater or an indie/art house theater ala their Bijou at Crossroads.

This will also be across from Regal Northwoods 16.

My thoughts exactly, especially with a modest 8 screens. The indie/art house focus is a viable niche.

coddat
Apr 19, 2007, 3:31 PM
It could be like the santikos Rialto nee Galaxy. I don't think SA is up to supporting another Indie theater without it being attached to the Angelika brand or something similar.

sirkingwilliam
Apr 19, 2007, 6:26 PM
Reflections will have an art house theater, maybe an Angelika or Magnolia?