PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Hotels

jonhamilton
Apr 12, 2007, 12:04 AM
Hi/Bonjour,

I plan on visiting Montreal in august, and I have no idea where exactly to book my reservations. I've been told the Armor Manoir Sherbrooke is a nice hotel. It's about 3 blocks from a subway stop.
Hoping someone can recommend any other hotels which may have a better location and easier access to the Metro near and around Downtown MTL.

West_aust
Apr 12, 2007, 12:21 AM
which week are you coming in montreal?

What's your planned budget for lodging?

jonhamilton
Apr 12, 2007, 12:51 AM
I'll be arriving aug 3 - 6
I've just learned that the city will be hosting NASCAR. :yuck:

Budget is around 150$/night, but would love to spend less.

West_aust
Apr 12, 2007, 1:06 AM
yep, you arriving the weekend of the first Nascar Race in Montreal, but even if you don't like the racing, it'll give the city a nice festive atmosphere (or at least i hope)

hockey rules!
Apr 12, 2007, 1:15 AM
Nascar race?

neverwas
Apr 12, 2007, 1:31 AM
Yeah, the Busch series. And the Nextel cup maybe in 2-3 years. That's great. A lot a visibility for Mtl and lot of cash. Mtl is the racing capital in the world. F-1, Champ car, surement Indy car, and Nascar.

West_aust
Apr 12, 2007, 1:56 AM
Nascar race?

Yes, the champcar race is moving to Mont-Tremblant, and Nascar Busch Series race in Montreal first weekend of august

can't wait, i'll be an awesome race 43 cars rushing to go through the Senna curve at the start, going 3 wide with 2 wheels on the grass rubbing fenders :D

jonhamilton
Apr 12, 2007, 2:50 AM
Anyone have any insight into the Hotel de Paris? The address is 901 rue Sherbrooke E.
Is it in a decent location? close to transit?

Cataclaw
Apr 12, 2007, 2:58 AM
Yeah, you'd be about 250 meters from a metro (subway) station. (which is approx 3 minutes at a standard 5km/h walking speed)

From there, a quick ride will take you anywhere downtown and surrounding areas. I don't know the hotel itself, personally, but yes, it's pretty close to transit. Buses also pass nearby.

OursNoir
Apr 12, 2007, 3:08 AM
Delta Hotel is around 160$/night, and it's at the heart of downtown.

Hotel de la montagne, 190$/night.

Best Western Ville Marie Montreal, 170$/night

http://www.hotels.ca/index.jsp?pageName=hotNetList&cid=78205&city=Montreal&stateProvince=QC&country=CAN&hotel=2&currencyCode=CAD

elsonic
Apr 12, 2007, 4:02 AM
Hi/Bonjour,

I plan on visiting Montreal in august, and I have no idea where exactly to book my reservations. I've been told the Armor Manoir Sherbrooke is a nice hotel. It's about 3 blocks from a subway stop.
Hoping someone can recommend any other hotels which may have a better location and easier access to the Metro near and around Downtown MTL.

don't you think people from outside Montréal should answer your question? I know some lobbys' restrooms, but absolutely nothing about rooms or services in the local hotels...

maybe people from Boston, TO or NYC would provode better advices.

the Hyatt has a perfect location. Philips Square Hotel too. and the hotels on Sherbrooke West close to St-Laurent (Crown Plaza, Delta...)

jonhamilton
Apr 12, 2007, 4:08 AM
I was a little more concerned with accessibility.
I did find what I think is a decent fare. Delta centreville for 130/night. The con is no internet access(added fare), and parking is 20$ a day.

elsonic
Apr 12, 2007, 4:20 AM
the other Delta, Delta Montréal, has a better location - for night time anyway...

http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=19

may very interesting deals with the site of Tourisme Québec :

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/ca-en/recherche/recherche_hebergement.php

jonhamilton
Apr 12, 2007, 4:26 AM
"the other Delta, Delta Montréal, has a better location - for night time anyway..."

That's the exact reason why I am asking here!!!! I think I will switch the hotel location.

elsonic
Apr 12, 2007, 4:28 AM
"the other Delta, Delta Montréal, has a better location - for night time anyway..."

That's the exact reason why I am asking here!!!! I think I will switch the hotel location.

Delta Centre-Ville is at the southern end of the CBD, with poor animation after 6PM. Delta Montréal is close to Ste-Caterine and St-Laurent, with dozens of restaurants, bars, clubs and people walking.