PDA

View Full Version : Niagara Falls Hilton Expansion

FALLSVIEW
Apr 3, 2007, 2:09 PM
!

Tony
Apr 3, 2007, 5:07 PM
I wonder what I have at home on the HD for that.. hmm..

oh, and good to see you drawing Real. :tup:

Tony
Apr 4, 2007, 3:04 AM
sorry to bust in here with this, but Fallsview, as far as you know, are these still up-to-date renderings of the Hilton Expansion?:

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/~trilliumphotography/hilton_expansion/hiltonexpand-1.jpg

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/~trilliumphotography/hilton_expansion/hiltonexpand-2.jpg

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/~trilliumphotography/hilton_expansion/hiltonexpand-3.jpg

realcity
Apr 4, 2007, 2:49 PM
That Hilton is so awesome. Tony are you drawing it?

Thanks LMich.

Tony
Apr 4, 2007, 5:19 PM
^ Yeah I think I might.

FALLSVIEW
Apr 5, 2007, 3:37 PM
delete

Tony
Apr 5, 2007, 5:36 PM
I split off the relevant posts from Realcity's thread so we can discuss it without interrupting real's artwork. :)

Anyway.. that elevation drawing you have there, where did it come from? Is it newer than the renderings? I wouldn't mind having it, and at a larger scale.

realcity
Apr 5, 2007, 8:11 PM
Tony do you think the 3 hilton towers should be one drawing/listing now?

vid
Apr 6, 2007, 3:43 AM
Umm... Wow. That is an ugly building. :)

I'm sure your diagram will look great though. They have a tendency of making ugly buildings look wonderfully interesting.

FALLSVIEW
Apr 7, 2007, 4:05 AM
delete

Tony
Apr 9, 2007, 12:07 PM
Tony do you think the 3 hilton towers should be one drawing/listing now?

This is a tough call. But at this point I think the two existing buildings should be kept together while the expansion should be a separate entry just so we can show it as "under-construction" and the other structures as built.

FALLSVIEW: thanks, I try finding it or PM goodlookin'

FALLSVIEW
Apr 26, 2007, 3:37 AM
delete

Tony
Apr 26, 2007, 7:26 PM
I've barely started it, but I've been sidetracked with the B.C. poster work :P

Don't worry, I'll get it done eventually. :uhh:

Taylordaman
Apr 28, 2007, 12:12 PM
Send me your BC posters drawing on MSN.

FALLSVIEW
Mar 28, 2008, 4:04 AM
delete

Tony
Mar 28, 2008, 11:03 AM
I know there is already a Hilton diagram up on this site, but if someone still wanted to redo it with a little more detail and maybe include all three buildings in one, it would be nice to see for Niagara Falls.

eh? How much more detailed did you want the Hilton diagram? Or are you referring to the Hilton Expansion diagram?

For the database purposes, the expansion shouldn't be added to the existing Hilton diagram as long as there is a separate entry for the expansion itself.

FALLSVIEW
Mar 29, 2008, 3:58 AM
delete

FALLSVIEW
Apr 3, 2008, 3:13 AM
delete

Tony
Apr 3, 2008, 11:06 AM
lol, I prefer to draw things that are completed. That way I can ensure the accuracy of the diagram.

M.K.
Apr 3, 2008, 12:41 PM
The bldg complex is not difficult to draw, but this is also not my style, those chateaus revival is not my must... even when I do not mind diagramming Visions, U/C and other elses. I think the best solution here is contacting Kamuix by PM asking him if it would be possible he complete one of his diagrams, because both diagrams over there are not that bad. They are not 3D, but they are ok, very representative.:tup: Or ask Boris by PM, maybe he could have a try, as he is at Calgary, so nearby.

Tony
Apr 3, 2008, 5:09 PM
Usually I have to have a good reason to draw a building on an axonometric view, I don't think Hilton qualifies, all setbacks can be graphically shown through proper shadowing.

FALLSVIEW
Jun 8, 2009, 1:54 AM
Usually I have to have a good reason to draw a building on an axonometric view, I don't think Hilton qualifies, all setbacks can be graphically shown through proper shadowing.

Since the height of this building is complete, does anyone else want to give it a shot?

Tony
Jun 9, 2009, 4:56 PM
Is the construction of the building done yet?

FALLSVIEW
Jun 11, 2009, 5:16 PM
The height is completed but some of the lower podium work is still progressing. They have been booking rooms for about 3 weeks now!

Tony
Jun 11, 2009, 5:19 PM
oh good. I'm glad it's finally nearing completion. Like with most things I draw, I'd really like to draw it when it's complete and up and running so I can get the details right. That said though, if someone else wants to take a stab at it, go right ahead!

FALLSVIEW
Jun 12, 2009, 3:13 PM
I would prefer you did it Tony! Even if it means waiting until it is completed, since you did an amazing job on the original Hilton. There are quite a few proposals in the Falls right now, so hopefully if any of them get going we can have some more diagrams added?

Tony
Jun 14, 2009, 5:16 PM
sure!