PDA

View Full Version : Vidorra Construction Update

sakyle04
Mar 29, 2007, 8:44 PM
From the latest Vidorra email newsletter...

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE

Foundation work is getting underway. Over the next few weeks, we will see excavation of the sub-strata under the floor slab and the replacement of the dirt removed with low plasticity sand and gravel fill. Immediately thereafter, the contractor will begin to drill and place concrete piers to a depth of approximately 70 feet.

The next step will be to pour reinforced concrete pier caps on top of which the slab on grade will be poured. The construction crane will go up in June. :boogy:

The Historic Design and Review Commission has given final approval to the Vidorra plans. The foundation permit has been approved and signed by the city. All other permits will follow during the course of construction.

Complex01
Mar 29, 2007, 9:19 PM
Oh nice, nice. Man cranes on both sides of I-37. I love it, i think ill have to have a drink to celebrate, he he...

:cheers:

KevinFromTexas
Mar 29, 2007, 9:24 PM
Good to hear that. That'll be sweet, too, because I'll be in town in July. Tower cranes! :banana:

sarocks14
Mar 30, 2007, 12:23 AM
Yay, can't wait :D

NBTX11
Mar 30, 2007, 12:36 AM
Good news. Too bad the historic design committee scaled them down from the original towers. Those would have been sweet.

sananto
Mar 30, 2007, 1:55 AM
Good news. Too bad the historic design committee scaled them down from the original towers. Those would have been sweet.Anybody know what was finally approved as to number of floors and height?
What about the 2nd tower, any news on that?

NBTX11
Mar 30, 2007, 3:15 AM
Anybody know what was finally approved as to number of floors and height?
What about the 2nd tower, any news on that?

http://vidorraliving.com/homepage.htm

Looks like 21 stories according to the rendering. I think it was 23 or 25 stories before and 292'. So this one will probably be in the neighborhood of 260-270' maybe. What do you guys think. I would have copied and pasted the rendering, but it wouldn't let me, maybe someone else can.

sirkingwilliam
Apr 2, 2007, 4:52 AM
Yeah, it looks like 21 stories although it seems that's not the final design yet.

Here's a picture sent with the update.

http://internetmailmanager.com/files/5747259/media/vidorra/construction.jpg

NBTX11
Apr 2, 2007, 10:24 PM
We are going to need a Vidorra highrise construction thread once this thing gets going so we can post pics of the progress.