PDA

View Full Version : I have a Huge idea for Atlanta

Behind_Phips
Mar 25, 2007, 2:38 PM
So Atlanta's new marketing theme is, "Atl: Everyday is Opening Day." Or something to that affect. My idea is for Atlanta to pay Delta Airlines to change their name to ATL Airways or Atlanta Airways. Given the fact that Delta has some presence in almost every major metropolitan airport domestically and internationally, the marketing this could do for our city would be huge. Also, in return, every seat pocket on the plane could have a tourists guide to Atlanta. Delta in return would get a huge tax cut from the city and state or possibly direct investment from the business community. What are your thought?

Atlguy33
Mar 25, 2007, 3:48 PM
Hmmm, I don't think Delta would agree to it because, A), they already have HUGE name recognition that took decades to establish, and B), Atlanta Airways or something to that effect would be too local/regional-sounding and Delta is a world-wide airline.

There did indeed used to be a small airline called Air Atlanta back in the eighties. I think it lasted only a few years before going out of business.

gskreet33
Mar 25, 2007, 3:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Atlanta

Andrea
Mar 25, 2007, 4:09 PM
I love it. A little touch up and they'll be ready to go!

:banana:

http://andreabennett.com/public/various/Delta.jpg

SteveD
Mar 25, 2007, 7:12 PM
That is fun to think about! I agree though that they probably wouldn't go for it due to the regional/local sound of it...

CityFan
Mar 25, 2007, 7:28 PM
Suggested name change won't work for Delta. To Atlanta, it's not someone to promote its name or artificially enlarge its image. Atlantans need to do ground work to win more recognition world wide and attract more business HQ to relocate into the city or area. We need to think big and act swiftly or we will be left behind. Momentum of Olympic games will be fading away soon or later. Only hard work of our local people will keep the city going.

Turbosloth
Mar 25, 2007, 8:03 PM
Sorry, but a more regional name is not a good idea for a global company. The fact that Delta is the de facto Atlanta Airlines is already ridiculously huge bragging rights for the city.

Chris Creech
Mar 25, 2007, 9:56 PM
Yeah, why not just ask Coke to rename to Atlanta-cola

Sulley
Mar 25, 2007, 10:04 PM
What an idea, Chris. Maybe all of Atlanta's companies can follow suit, with names such as:

Chick-fil-atlanta
The Atlanta Depot
AT&Lanta Wireless
The Atlanta News Network

Labtec
Mar 26, 2007, 12:04 AM
What an idea, Chris. Maybe all of Atlanta's companies can follow suit, with names such as:

Chick-fil-atlanta
The Atlanta Depot
AT&Lanta Wireless
The Atlanta News Network

The Atlanta Weather Channel & report weather only about Atlanta... wait they do that anyways... j/k :notacrook:

john3eblover
Mar 26, 2007, 12:40 AM
I love it. A little touch up and they'll be ready to go!

:banana:

http://andreabennett.com/public/various/Delta.jpg

lol nice photo-shoppin Andrea :tup:

Andrea
Mar 26, 2007, 1:19 AM
lol nice photo-shoppin Andrea :tup:

:haha: Thanks, John.

dbranham
Mar 26, 2007, 1:28 AM
I'm guessing Salt Lake City and Cincinnati would feel short-changed.

Connect
Mar 28, 2007, 4:55 AM

Chick-fil-atlanta
The Atlanta Depot
AT&Lanta Wireless
The Atlanta News Network

That is hilarious!!!!!!!

bobdreamz
Mar 28, 2007, 9:21 AM
how about Coke changes it's name to Atlanta Pop?

cokezero
Mar 28, 2007, 4:24 PM
That grammar in the thread title is killing me! Is it possible to rename the thread?

SteveD
Mar 28, 2007, 5:48 PM
That grammar in the thread title is killing me! Is it possible to rename the thread?

Yeah, a harmless typo but it was aggravating! I wonder why "an historic" is considered acceptable, though, since it has the same phonetic combination.

Pillsbury Doughboy
Mar 28, 2007, 5:52 PM
^ Ah, but in English, it's all about the sound.....;)

SwimAtl
Mar 28, 2007, 7:05 PM
lol andrea - thanks. my DL friends got a kick out of it.

netdragon
Mar 29, 2007, 5:42 PM
Isn't Airtran planning a hostile takeover of Delta?