PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Section Stickies

feepa
Mar 15, 2007, 5:33 PM
Hey All,

With the creation of a new Alberta section for us, I was wondering what the concensus on Creating a few sticky threads was, to avoid duplicate conversations, and stir all conversation in a certain common subjects to sticky threads
I propose stickies of
*Edmonton Construction
*Calgary Construction
*C-Train
*E-Train (Edmonton LRT)
*YEG
*YYC

What do you think?

Edit: I also think maybe it should be LRT + all transportation news for Calgary / Edmonton, and not just LRT

skrish
Mar 15, 2007, 5:38 PM
Yeah, I like this idea since these seem to be the most popular threads anyways.

HomeInMyShoes
Mar 15, 2007, 5:40 PM
Seems reasonable to me. Maybe we should wait to prove that the split is going to stick first though?

Wooster
Mar 15, 2007, 5:54 PM
No to the airport sticky. They frequently fall to the very bottom of the first page.

freeweed
Mar 15, 2007, 6:02 PM
Roa?

Boris2k7
Mar 15, 2007, 6:03 PM
Roa?

Rest of Alberta
ex. Canmore, Medicine Hat, Banff, Edson, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Fort Macmurray, Grand Prairie, etc.

SHOFEAR
Mar 15, 2007, 6:25 PM
I say just keep the edmonton and calagry threads sticky.

Somewhat related...

Sould all significant developments for Edmonton and Calgary now get their own thread? Perhaps a guideline should be set up to with the titles to allow them to be found easily. That way the construction threads can focus on smaller issues that don't get buried so fast.

feepa
Mar 15, 2007, 6:28 PM
We should also setup an "off-topic" thread, as I've noticed the Edm/Cal stickies sometimes have a lot of offtopic discussions on them... just another idea...

Edmonchuck
Mar 16, 2007, 9:43 PM
So, I see the split finally happened....

Wow, one gets back to work and all free time goes bye bye.

jeffwhit
Mar 16, 2007, 10:13 PM
Well, I would like to see the "C-Train" thread changed to "Calgary Transit" just to keep organized. I'm not sure what the most recent Edmonton Transit thread was called (has it fallen off the first page?) but standardized names might be nice for clarity. Neither are quite bust enough to justify stickies though.

feepa
Mar 16, 2007, 10:20 PM
Well, I would like to see the "C-Train" thread changed to "Calgary Transit" just to keep organized. I'm not sure what the most recent Edmonton Transit thread was called (has it fallen off the first page?) but standardized names might be nice for clarity. Neither are quite bust enough to justify stickies though.
I think they both would be busy enough once stickied, and with a unified naming convention. Theres all sorts of secondary Edmonton LRT threads in the few pages of this Section.

jeffwhit
Mar 16, 2007, 10:23 PM
^^I say go for it then! How many of us are not from one city or the other (and JB doesn't count.) we can live with 4 stickies, and especially now that it looks like both or cities should see some massive transit growth with the education/property tax rebate.

m0nkyman
Mar 16, 2007, 10:35 PM
And here I was thinking Alberta was all about the free market....

No Stickies! Let the market decide what should stay at the top...

;)

Boris2k7
Mar 18, 2007, 12:20 AM
I think the poll results tell us so far that there is at least strong enough support for both the City and LRT threads to be stickied. The support for the Airport doesn't seem to be strong enough at this point in time. Should we request a moderator to sticky the Transit threads then? At the same time, should we request the names to be changed to Calgary Transit and Edmonton Transit? (or a similar naming system?)

JBinCalgary
Mar 18, 2007, 12:22 AM
just the cities

EdmTrekker
Mar 18, 2007, 12:22 AM
I like what FEEPA has proposed - but LRT not Transportation (just too dam big otherwise).

feepa
Mar 18, 2007, 1:01 AM
I think the poll results tell us so far that there is at least strong enough support for both the City and LRT threads to be stickied. The support for the Airport doesn't seem to be strong enough at this point in time. Should we request a moderator to sticky the Transit threads then? At the same time, should we request the names to be changed to Calgary Transit and Edmonton Transit? (or a similar naming system?)
I propose new LRT threads be created, so we can collect all relevant information on the first page, but doesn't really matter.

Boris2k7
Mar 18, 2007, 1:02 AM
LOL, it looks like the moderators acted a lot faster than I thought they would. I didn't even send out a request. They must be a little more receptive right now, given the bitching in the Prairie/Man&Sask/Midwestern forum... (not that they don't have real concerns)

I propose new LRT threads be created, so we can collect all relevant information on the first page, but doesn't really matter.

That will probably go for the next set. Oh well. I don't know who wants to maintain the CPT thread anyways... Mersar or other forumers seem more informed than I on any developments.

M II A II R II K
Mar 18, 2007, 1:10 AM
Yea I stuck them.

I was thinking that Construction and Transit threads would get priority, but only from Calgary and Edmonton, since they are the 2 major urban centres that would warrant sticky threads.

M II A II R II K
Mar 20, 2007, 6:57 PM
If there's a demand for a sticky for general developments and low rises, that can go up to. Maybe one for the cities, and the other for the rest of Alberta, which would probably cover most of what's going on in the rest of Alberta anyways.

Boris2k7
Mar 20, 2007, 7:04 PM
If there's a demand for a sticky for general developments and low rises, that can go up to. Maybe one for the cities, and the other for the rest of Alberta, which would probably cover most of what's going on in the rest of Alberta anyways.

We don't need anything like that for the City Construction threads (Edmonton and Calgary), since we put all our development info on the first pages anyways. The ROA is still up in the air... but I don't think we want to start it until we have very active forumers from the ROA.

M II A II R II K
Mar 20, 2007, 7:06 PM
ROA developments is what its name could be.

It could be posted to see how far it gets, but if forumers from there really don't exist here then there would be little point.

Boris2k7
Mar 20, 2007, 7:08 PM
Just a sec, I'll throw up a poll...

Arriviste
Mar 20, 2007, 8:59 PM
City, Transit, and Airports.
Airport development is interesting just for it's correlation to the rest of the cities development. It's a nice indicator.

M II A II R II K
Mar 20, 2007, 9:27 PM
Yea that appears right about the airports