PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta: What condo building has impressed you and why?

LoveAtlanta
Mar 9, 2007, 2:51 PM
Let list your favorite condo building in Atlanta and post reason why you love it so much:)

Sulley
Mar 9, 2007, 3:42 PM
Most of my favorites wouldn't be liked by most Atlanta forumers.

One of my favorites is the Hanover House at the Colony Square. Sure, it's brutalist, but it's unlike anything else in the city. I love the windows and the two floor units.

My other favorites include the GLG/Four Seasons and Park Place on Peachtree.

(four 0 four)
Mar 9, 2007, 11:33 PM
Most of my favorites wouldn't be liked by most Atlanta forumers.

One of my favorites is the Hanover House at the Colony Square. Sure, it's brutalist, but it's unlike anything else in the city. I love the windows and the two floor units.

My other favorites include the GLG/Four Seasons and Park Place on Peachtree.

This:previous: , and your love of Portman lead me to believe you have an un-natural attaction to cement.:)
I like Hanover as well-the two story crossover units are great!

Sulley
Mar 10, 2007, 4:45 AM
Did somebody say Portman?

:hyper:

rickydavisfan21
Mar 10, 2007, 4:33 PM
Portman is god :notacrook: :D :tup: :whip: :banana:

MidtownMile
Mar 10, 2007, 4:54 PM
I really like how Aqua is shaping up. I also am a big fan of Spire (although not Novare as a whole).

I think my favorite that has been completed has to be Buckhead Grand, though (although that will likely change in coming years).

Terminus
Mar 10, 2007, 6:32 PM
My favorites are:
- 123 Luckie
- 905 Juniper
- Midcity Lofts
- Tribute Lofts
- The Artisan
- The Reynolds
- Centennial Park West

All feel very solid when you go in them, are at a good scale, and built to last.

alleystreetindustry
Mar 10, 2007, 11:16 PM
fulton cotton mill lofts- location, overall feel of the building(s) & industrial architecture.

metrofan
Mar 11, 2007, 3:15 AM
Well, we were so impressed with Metropolis when it opened at the end of 2002 that we purchased a unit there. Considering the location and amenities, it was a tremendous value for the pre-sale price we obtained and we’ve been very happy with the space. However, I’ve been disappointed in how Novare has been so prolific in using the same style and diluted the appeal.

I am impressed with our neighboring building at 905 Juniper. It goes to show not all floor-to-ceiling condo buildings need to look the same. The building has a slightly different look from each side and the slices of brick facing add a nice contrast to the glass.