PDA

View Full Version : Battle on Adelaide: Shangri-La VS Trump hotel tower

isherlock
Mar 7, 2007, 1:49 AM
These two towers have very similar features and they are pretty much right beside each other, i see a rivalry here... what do you guys think?

shappy
Mar 7, 2007, 1:51 AM
how do you mean? I don't get it.

p.s. welcome!

WhipperSnapper
Mar 7, 2007, 4:02 AM
^agree

these towers have little in common and are on opposite ends of the CBD

isherlock
Mar 7, 2007, 4:22 AM
^agree

these towers have little in common and are on opposite ends of the CBD

1. they are the two tallest residential buildings in toronto
2. both designed by world renowned architechs
2. both 2 tier mix use: hotel and private residential suites
3. opposite ends of the CBD? they are 3 minutes away from each other.
4. both redefines luxury condo living in downtown Toronto
5. both have very similar amenities: spa, top restaurants, entertainment(shangri-la also has a large asian market inside, i'm not sure if there is a market inside trump hotel and tower)

ok they may have different target audiences, as Shangri-La is asian themed. But how do you guys see Shangri-La project doing in the near future? will it be a hot one like the one in Vancouver? (living shangri-la Vancouver's price per sqft has increased about 60% since the initial selling)

cheers

Waterloo_Guy
Mar 7, 2007, 4:49 AM
How could they compete? Do you mean for sales? The market is big enough for both. Don't really see a battle here. Also, they're not side by side just because they are on the same street.

Maldive
Mar 7, 2007, 5:17 AM
At least he's tried to whip up a little excitement with his thread, which is sorely lacking in this forum (excitement? hell there's not any humans here).

OrientExpress
Mar 7, 2007, 2:13 PM
I can see Shangri-la doing well. Probably better then Trump.

caltrane74
Mar 7, 2007, 2:14 PM
At least he's tried to whip up a little excitement with his thread, which is sorely lacking in this forum (excitement? hell there's not any humans here).

True Dat!

This subforum sucks. We need some rablerousers..fa real.

caltrane74
Mar 7, 2007, 2:34 PM
These two towers have very similar features and they are pretty much right beside each other, i see a rivalry here... what do you guys think?

Welcome to the subforum isherlock!!!

OrientExpress
Mar 7, 2007, 2:50 PM
Cal. you going to go see Trump teach?

WhipperSnapper
Mar 7, 2007, 3:25 PM
At least he's tried to whip up a little excitement with his thread, which is sorely lacking in this forum

he may have tried but another thread on the 'Top Ten' developments is not what this forum is lacking. A thread on Caltrane's Ladies though ..

OrientExpress
Mar 7, 2007, 3:36 PM
This communicating on a forum could drive a person bonkers.

caltrane74
Mar 7, 2007, 3:47 PM
Cal. you going to go see Trump teach?

At 500 Dollars a pop. Kinda pricey.

The 100 dollar TV offer - may be in my price range.

OrientExpress
Mar 7, 2007, 3:55 PM
I'm iffy about weather you will really learn anything. Could be nothing more then going to see a celebrity performance.
It's coming up pretty soon so maybe we'll be able to get some tells of weather he got the building permit yet.

OrientExpress
Mar 7, 2007, 3:58 PM
I'm still recommending that he move's his location though. Maybe when he turns 70yr. he'll come to his senses.

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Mar 7, 2007, 4:14 PM
I would argue that Trump and Shangri-La might be at battle if they started off at the same time, but since Trump is about to start a better battle for investors will be seen between Shangri-la and Four Seasons. If these two were closer together it would be a Battle Royal!

OrientExpress
Mar 7, 2007, 4:45 PM
How's it going at Trump camp Whistler, any news on movement yet.

caltrane74
Mar 7, 2007, 4:48 PM
Shangri-la is in a tough spot. Because its going up a name brand in the "Four Seasons"

However hasn't Four Seasons secured sales on the pre-registration. - and probably for the best units in the building.

So maybe those in the market,will have better choice/ price selection at Shangri-la???

caltrane74
Mar 7, 2007, 4:50 PM
he may have tried but another thread on the 'Top Ten' developments is not what this forum is lacking. A thread on Caltrane's Ladies though ..

Trust me. It wouldn't be that interesting. :P

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Mar 7, 2007, 7:33 PM
How's it going at Trump camp Whistler, any news on movement yet.

No clue sorry, but I wouldn't be surprised if they close down the parking lot at the end of April.

WhipperSnapper
Mar 8, 2007, 3:30 AM
I'm still recommending that he move's his location though. Maybe when he turns 70yr. he'll come to his senses

it is not his decision

WhipperSnapper
Mar 8, 2007, 3:38 AM
better battle for investors will be seen between Shangri-la and Four Seasons

Four Seasons could be close to sold out by the time Shangri-la hits the market )

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Mar 8, 2007, 11:55 PM
So true goodlookin, I was also implying in style, great location and ammenities, Four Seasons and Shangri-La have more to offer an investor then Trump does. Also both projects will be after the same kind of investor. I think a Trump investment is more of a bragging rights investment.

TOBoy
Mar 9, 2007, 2:49 AM
What indication has there been that presales at Four Seasons are enough to begin construction? I haven't heard anything yet.

Taller Better
Mar 9, 2007, 1:48 PM
I can see Shangri-la doing well. Probably better then Trump.

Only if you ignore the fact Trump has already sold $300,000,000.
All the high end projects are in competition. I don't see any particular connection between
ShangriLa and Trump.

b13
Mar 11, 2007, 8:44 PM
^ actually trump has sold 350 million

WhipperSnapper
Mar 12, 2007, 4:41 AM
^old news - the lastest word is ONE TRILLION DOLLARS! (raises pinky to side of mouth)

zerokarma
Mar 13, 2007, 5:25 PM
haha