PDA

View Full Version : Cybernations SSP alliance

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Cirrus
Feb 25, 2007, 5:26 AM
Those of you who don’t know about CyberNations (http://cybernations.net) are missing out. It’s a hella-cool nation simulation game, in the ilk of Jennifer Government, but way, way better.

A few of us who already play – myself, Matt, Zephyr, Bronco and Brickell – have formed an alliance along with a handful of others we know in RL.

Everyone on SSP should
A) Start playing Cybernations, because it’s cool; and
B) Join our alliance, because the more members in it the stronger it is

You won’t be sorry.

My nation is at http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=70893 and our alliance headquarters is at http://madalliance.blogspot.com/.

MNdude
Feb 25, 2007, 8:29 AM
NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk, it looks cool, maybe i'll give it the old college try

BnaBreaker
Feb 25, 2007, 6:19 PM
That does look fun! I am in the process of signing up now. I see that your team color is "blue". If I want to join your alliance do I just also pick blue when i'm setting up my nation?

BnaBreaker
Feb 25, 2007, 7:22 PM
Okay nevermind I joined the alliance :)

someone123
Feb 25, 2007, 8:19 PM
I started a nation and got to around 1000 people then didn't play much and got attacked.

I liked the old Nation States game a lot more. This one seems kind of simple and has a lot of flaws and aspects that just aren't fun, like random preferred religion and government types.

Another thing Nation States used to do was reset everything once every few months, so everybody can start off on a level playing field.

BroncoCSU05
Feb 25, 2007, 8:24 PM
Fear Tha STRIPPERS!! :D

Tom In Chicago
Feb 25, 2007, 10:36 PM
OK. . . I joined your silly little alliance. . . not sure at this point in the game why I would need to. . . but what the hell. . . :cool:

http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=84325

Cirrus
Feb 25, 2007, 11:21 PM
Aha! I wondered who this Sheik Tom person was. You can ignore the question at the end of my email.

And why would you need to? To protect yourself from jackasses who attack random nations! Happens all the time. Happened to Weisslandia, who is in our alliance, a few weeks ago. Had he been all alone, he'd have gotten his rear handed to him, but because he had protection from us, we destroyed his attacker.

TheMeltyMan
Feb 26, 2007, 12:51 AM
I signed up.

BRING IT political text-based massive multiplayer online role playing game.

Matty
Feb 26, 2007, 1:00 AM
I've also signed up.

I see in our statistics we have no nukes. Hmm, we should start a fund for that. :)

Lecom
Feb 26, 2007, 1:23 AM
Nah thanks, I'm done with massive online multiplayer games. Shit's crack.

JJC50
Feb 26, 2007, 1:27 AM
i created one of these things but not shure how to join the alliance.

http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=112669

Dear Leader VI
Feb 26, 2007, 2:07 AM
I've had a Cybernation for roughly two or three months now.

Nation Name: Praesidius

Nation Ruler: Dear Leader VI

Nation link: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=80946

I was originally in an alliance called United Black Nations, but we merged into another alliance and I'm sort of lost in the shuffle. I might join your alliance.

Cirrus
Feb 26, 2007, 4:14 AM
JJC80: To join the alliance follow these instructions (http://madalliance.blogspot.com/2007/02/recruitment-office.html).

Dear Leader: Come on... All the cool kids are doing it.

Re: nukes: Money isn't the problem. I have enough money. The problem is you're not eligible to buy a nuke until you're in the top 5% of all nations. None of us have been playing long enough to be there yet. So: Don't piss off anyone with nukes!

Matty
Feb 26, 2007, 5:06 AM
Oh, I didn't know about that rule. It's unfortunate; it's nice to have them around, even if you don't plan on using them.

TWAK
Feb 26, 2007, 6:57 AM
I just sent a request or whatever on that blog thing for membership, My CyberNation (http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=112389)

BnaBreaker
Feb 26, 2007, 9:48 PM
I'm all about games like this, but something seems to be missing. Maybe i'm missing something, but what exactly do you DO in this game? Does it really only go as far as logging on for two minutes every day to buy more stuff with your tax money? Is there any other way to make money or do you have to wait until another 24 hours goes by in order to actually play the game again? I'm a little confused.

Cirrus
Feb 26, 2007, 10:40 PM
Your interactions with other countries are what makes it fun.

And figuring out all the hidden ways to succeed and maximize your income, such as tech trading.

Further, your options for purchases and needs widen as your nations grows.

BroncoCSU05
Feb 26, 2007, 10:45 PM
^ tech trading?? please explain so i'm not this weak state who longs for next days tax collection like someone who's in the hole $100k to a mob bookie

BnaBreaker
Feb 26, 2007, 11:21 PM
Your interactions with other countries are what makes it fun.

And figuring out all the hidden ways to succeed and maximize your income, such as tech trading.

Further, your options for purchases and needs widen as your nations grows.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is fun. I'm just trying to figure out how to make that fun last me longer than two minutes every 24 hours. lol Like Bronco, i'm still in this pathetic pattern of collecting tax money, spending, then not knowing what else to do until tax collection time rolls around again.

Also, slightly unrelated, do you have any idea how to access that global map that is displayed on the cybernations home page that displays ALL of the nations on the map as opposed to just yours?

Xing
Feb 27, 2007, 2:00 AM
Im the same way, and BNA just rejected my trade. I think that's a declaration of war. Oh wait, I can't. I'm part of that stupid agreement... hehe, I kid. I'm sure it was in the best interest of his, sulfur-smelling, devil, nation.

Matt
Feb 27, 2007, 2:24 AM
I love this game!!!

texcolo
Feb 27, 2007, 2:34 AM
I'm playing!

How do you initiate trade agreements with folks???

BnaBreaker
Feb 27, 2007, 2:57 AM
Im the same way, and BNA just rejected my trade. I think that's a declaration of war. Oh wait, I can't. I'm part of that stupid agreement... hehe, I kid. I'm sure it was in the best interest of his, sulfur-smelling, devil, nation.

haha my bad, must've been by mistake...the voodoo people sent you a message. YOU CHECK NOW!

Cirrus
Feb 27, 2007, 3:09 AM
I'll tell you what you can do to spend time in the game: Find new members for MAD! The big alliances have hundreds of members each. Some even number in the thousands. We need more people. Go out and find them. :)

As for tech trading, the basic concept is simple: Tech (like infra and land) costs more the more of it you have, so it's much cheaper for a young nation to buy (say) 10 units than it is for an old one to buy 10 units. So young nations buy tech and then sell it to old nations for more than the young nation paid, but less than the old nation would have to pay for that same amount. Both countries profit.

The game is extremely deep. There are a lot of little quirks like that you can exploit. There is much more to it than buying your 10 units of infra every day and then logging out.

If you want to know the basics for how to do well, read this (http://madalliance.blogspot.com/2007/02/mad-academy.html).

Matty
Feb 27, 2007, 4:36 AM
Furs and rubber here. Seeking someone to trade with.

BroncoCSU05
Feb 27, 2007, 4:33 PM
ok, which new nation will accept some $$ for some good 'ol fashion technology? name your price for XX.XX units

Cirrus
Feb 27, 2007, 4:54 PM
Keep in mind that you need a middle man for all tech trades.

The game doesn't allow more than one aid transaction directly between any two nations within a 10 day period, so unless one of you wants to wait 10 days for your half of the deal, you need a middle man. It works like so:

Nation A sends tech to Nation B -> Nation B sends cash payment to Nation C -> Nation C forwards cash payment to Nation A after keeping a pre-determined cut. (or vice-versa).

Bigtime
Feb 27, 2007, 6:42 PM
Are you going to declare war on the goons?

Because that would be laffo!

Cirrus
Feb 27, 2007, 8:19 PM
MAD ≠ Farkistan

WonderlandPark
Feb 27, 2007, 9:59 PM
OK I joined Istan is my country. But I want to start some wars and mess around before setting down to a peaceful existance.

BnaBreaker
Feb 27, 2007, 10:37 PM
OK I joined Istan is my country. But I want to start some wars and mess around before setting down to a peaceful existance.

You reckless tyrant! I'm not defending you if you do that. lol

I only have 27 troops though so it's not like i'd be much of a help anyway. :yuck:

Xing
Feb 27, 2007, 10:59 PM
Hey, I'll give you a loan BNA, but they said I cant until March 4th.

BnaBreaker
Feb 27, 2007, 11:34 PM
Hey, I'll give you a loan BNA, but they said I cant until March 4th.

Nice. Thanks homie.

texcolo
Feb 27, 2007, 11:50 PM
Any vets playing here need tech on the cheap???

Also: I have lumber and furs to trade.

Matt
Feb 28, 2007, 1:48 AM
^ Yes Matt, I will buy tech from you. Message me and we'll do bidness.

mikeR
Feb 28, 2007, 2:03 AM
I'll join my user name is superflymike and i have gems and gold

Dear Leader VI
Feb 28, 2007, 2:49 AM
Is MAD a strictly-Skyscraperpage alliance?

Cirrus
Feb 28, 2007, 2:58 AM
No. Anyone may join. SSP members currently make up the majority, but it's non-exclusive.

Evergrey
Feb 28, 2007, 3:10 AM
this sounds even dorkier than Settlers of Catan
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/df/Settlers_of_Catan_in_action.jpg/712px-Settlers_of_Catan_in_action.jpg

BnaBreaker
Feb 28, 2007, 5:08 AM
this sounds even dorkier than Settlers of Catan
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/df/Settlers_of_Catan_in_action.jpg/712px-Settlers_of_Catan_in_action.jpg

It's basically just like Age of Empires. Without the Age part. Or the part where you actually play a video game. And the part where you either win or you lose. But other than that it's exactly the same.

Cirrus
Feb 28, 2007, 6:00 AM
I liken it more to SimCity, but without graphics, with a country instead of a city, and with 40,000 other players interacting directly.

BroncoCSU05
Feb 28, 2007, 6:09 AM
Any vets playing here need tech on the cheap???

Also: I have lumber and furs to trade.

trade with me...i'm stripperstan. who wants to be our 3rd party?

TheMeltyMan
Feb 28, 2007, 1:33 PM
I'm dealing with Uranium and coal so naturally i'm going to be a polluting and fear-mongering bastard. It must be reassuring to have me in your alliance.

Suburban Lou
Feb 28, 2007, 2:57 PM
marbel and wheat for tech.

Xing
Feb 28, 2007, 3:09 PM
Furs and rubber here. Seeking someone to trade with.

haha... "rubbers."

BnaBreaker
Feb 28, 2007, 4:15 PM
Um, so some fairly asshole from the red team with a nation named "chachaland" attacked me for no apparent reason. How do I call on the alliance for help? lol

Xing
Feb 28, 2007, 4:21 PM
"chachaland?"

Cirrus
Feb 28, 2007, 4:50 PM
The Cabinet is aware of the attack on BnaBreaker and is preparing to take punitive actions against Chachaland.

BnaBreaker: Check your cybernations in-game email and respond to me.

In the event of a declaration of war, we will need alliance members with nation strengths in the low 1,000s to defend their ally. It is only possible to declare war on nations between 50%-200% your strength and the attacker's strength is 706, which means that no one stronger than 1,412 can declare war on him... BroncoCSU05, Brickell, and Matty would be the strongest nations available.

War has not yet been declared, so no one should launch any counter attacks yet. Wait for the word.

ItsConanOBrien
Feb 28, 2007, 4:56 PM
Cornado is where it's at. :cool: Some guy gave me $10,000 (well, euros) for trading with him. That's more money than I make in 2 days.

wong21fr
Feb 28, 2007, 4:56 PM
Alright I'm in. Glory to the Republic of Amerigo.

I have no qualms about who I trade with, or for what, so I'll always be ready to be the 3rd party.

TheMeltyMan
Feb 28, 2007, 7:09 PM
LAME. I haven't been getting any freebees and it just seems like the rest of you newbs are coasting right past the poor old Republic of Derrp.

edit: i'm in the process of recruiting from http://www.svamp.eu/ forum. We tried the Jennifer government thing before and that kinda fizzled, but we had a fair amount of devotion (2 months) but mind you, some of these people are retarded and/or psychotic. Though some of them are intelligent.

wong21fr
Feb 28, 2007, 7:20 PM
Anyone like to aid my nation in exiting under-developed nation status?

Give the poor refugees a chance for a brighter future!

WonderlandPark
Feb 28, 2007, 7:28 PM
Guess I should join your alliance before my ass gets kicked, now that I have read up some.

Cirrus
Feb 28, 2007, 7:31 PM
i'm in the process of recruiting from http://www.svamp.eu/Excellent. Just point them to http://madalliance.blogspot.com/2007/02/recruitment-office.html

Suburban Lou
Feb 28, 2007, 8:19 PM
I need more money

BroncoCSU05
Feb 28, 2007, 8:23 PM
i have uranium now!

bna...let me know...i've got some cruise missles i'm itching to pull the trigger on.....

BroncoCSU05
Feb 28, 2007, 8:28 PM
seriously...when will we declare war on this rogue idiot without an alliance? please do it before i end up too powerful of a nation and can't launch an attack (i think i'm like 10 points away from it)

BnaBreaker
Feb 28, 2007, 8:29 PM
i have uranium now!

bna...let me know...i've got some cruise missles i'm itching to pull the trigger on.....

Thanks buddy...Cirrus sent him a warning and we're waiting to see how he responds. I'll keep you informed.

BnaBreaker
Feb 28, 2007, 8:36 PM
Question: I just changed my government to Totalitarian Government, because that is what the people requested. I noticed though that in the charter it says that a Monarchy or Revolutionary Gov. is best (I previously had a Rev. Gov.). Is it better to give the people what they want or have them be unhappy under a monarchy?

BroncoCSU05
Feb 28, 2007, 8:41 PM
^ they'll approve of a monarchy...they'll just want totalitarian gov. give them a monarchy in 3 days when you can change it again

BnaBreaker
Feb 28, 2007, 8:42 PM
^ they'll approve of a monarchy...they'll just want totalitarian gov. give them a monarchy in 3 days when you can change it again

Gotcha. Will do.

WonderlandPark
Feb 28, 2007, 8:53 PM
How does foreign aid work? I see people as small as my nation getting tech and ports and stuff.

Attrill
Feb 28, 2007, 8:59 PM
I just joined as Mekontia. I'm still figuring the game out, but I have aluminum and furs. I think I'm a nation of 103 homeless people picking cans out of the trash and skinning squirrels.

wong21fr
Feb 28, 2007, 9:04 PM
i have uranium now!

You're welcome for the uranium. Now all I need is a crapload of money.

BroncoCSU05
Feb 28, 2007, 9:16 PM
^ your uranium degraded my enviornment and caused me some population unhappiess....so i guess YOU'RE welcome for the trade ;)

fyi, i figure i didn't lose much because you had lumber as well so i kicked out the other guy who i was trading with whom had lumber and silver...oh shit, that's why i lost money. they had some jewels and now i got radiation. i'm stupid :(

oh well, i get a bonus point since you're on blue and he wasn't.

wong21fr
Feb 28, 2007, 9:23 PM
Hey, you know you love that glowing green stuff and the potential it represents. You're the king so tell your peons to shove it.

You want to conduct a cruise missile strike or do you want the ultimate jolly of nuking someone's ass?

BroncoCSU05
Feb 28, 2007, 9:24 PM
^ i'm no where CLOSE to being in the top 5%....nukes are irrelevant

wong21fr
Feb 28, 2007, 9:28 PM
^You know you still like the idea. The power to rain unholy fire upon your enemies and kill thousands. You know you want it.

Just give in to the dark side.

BroncoCSU05
Feb 28, 2007, 9:34 PM
^ you are NOT my father

JJC50
Feb 28, 2007, 9:35 PM
I can't wait until I have at least 1000 citizens. So I can kick somone's ass.

;)

Cirrus
Feb 28, 2007, 9:38 PM
http://beyonddc.com/nonweb/mad/CabinetSealBase.png

Declaration of War

At 4:17 pm Eastern Standard Time the MAD Cabinet unanimously declared war on the unaffiliated nation of Chachaland for its unprovoked attack on El Kumbiana.

All attempts at a diplomatic solution have been exhausted. Chachaland was ordered to stand down its forces and declare peaceful intentions, and has responded with impertinence.

Counter attacks by El Kumbiana and assaults by allied nations within range are hereby authorized. Stripperstan is the most powerful allied country in range and will lead the attack. The Cabinet also asks the forces of Tortuga to stand ready and engage as possible.

In the words of Minister of Defense Eviliza of Lizatonia: Smash him!

wong21fr
Feb 28, 2007, 9:38 PM
^ you are NOT my father

It is your destiny, you cannot resist the power of the dark side.

Suburban Lou
Feb 28, 2007, 9:58 PM
As of now Chachaland only has 62 troops, ouch!

Cirrus
Feb 28, 2007, 10:02 PM
He was already at war with someone else, who has been kicking his ass.

He does not appear to relish living very much.

wong21fr
Feb 28, 2007, 10:14 PM
What exactly does "responded with impertinence" mean?

BnaBreaker
Feb 28, 2007, 10:25 PM
Anyone like to aid my nation in exiting under-developed nation status?

Give the poor refugees a chance for a brighter future!

I'll send you more cash once I get more cash. lol

Cirrus
Feb 28, 2007, 10:31 PM
What exactly does "responded with impertinence" mean?Means he stuck his toungue out at us. More or less.

He was ordered to stand down or suffer the consequences. He thought the idea of consequences for his actions a funny one, and thereafter ignored further contact.

BroncoCSU05
Feb 28, 2007, 11:22 PM
Fuck Yeah! Cruise Missle Launch Time!

BroncoCSU05
Feb 28, 2007, 11:31 PM
"The government of chachaland has just been sent into Anarchy due to their lack of security forces. Riots engulf the nation of chachaland as your soldiers relax and enjoy their victory. "

well, there's dems apples. he's got -5 soldiers and is in a draft situation right now, lol.

Matty
Feb 28, 2007, 11:33 PM
You should demand Chachaland pay's reparations to the alliance.

BnaBreaker
Feb 28, 2007, 11:38 PM
"The government of chachaland has just been sent into Anarchy due to their lack of security forces. Riots engulf the nation of chachaland as your soldiers relax and enjoy their victory. "

well, there's dems apples. he's got -5 soldiers and is in a draft situation right now, lol.

Damn, that was quite an ass kicking! Thanks all.

I sent about 100 troops in there but somehow I lost the battle to his (at the time) 67 troops. I'm not too sure how that all works. Troop strength must have something to do with nation strength as well.

BroncoCSU05
Feb 28, 2007, 11:39 PM
^ we uttlerly destroyed his nation. he can't repay jack. we'll probably loot his country though.

brickell
Mar 1, 2007, 1:07 AM
I lost 140 to his 43. Too bad it was his last 43.

Matty
Mar 1, 2007, 1:52 AM
I read somewhere that a certian lower % chance of success is actually better than a higher one. I tried it and it worked. It's odd. Deploy less soldiers I guess.

Cirrus
Mar 1, 2007, 2:19 AM
Keep attacking. Ideally we would like to destroy all his infra, so that he literally has zero.

Also: Don't get cocky. It's not usually this easy. This jackass was already weakened by another war.

BroncoCSU05
Mar 1, 2007, 5:47 AM
^ my last cruise missle only destroyed 1.00 infra...so i think it's probably not worth it to launch another.

fwiw, i think he's down to 60 infra before we pillage his country as a result of the war.

Suburban Lou
Mar 1, 2007, 6:34 AM
donations rule.

Matty
Mar 1, 2007, 1:32 PM
Chachaland is seriously kicking my ass right now. I'm in anarchy and have no money.

wong21fr
Mar 1, 2007, 4:08 PM
Donations would be nice.

Hmm, Chachaland has bounded back in the last day, must have gotten a serious infusion of cash to rebuild so quicky.

Or he was playing possum and was sucking us in.

WonderlandPark
Mar 1, 2007, 4:27 PM
How does one join this war?

BroncoCSU05
Mar 1, 2007, 5:07 PM
find chachaland and declare war on his ass...i see he's bounded back. time to play some ball

BroncoCSU05
Mar 1, 2007, 5:12 PM
fuck dude...where did he get 36 technology from all of a sudden??? who can aid us in technology? fucking a

fyi guys, his current nation strength is 2200...this means i'm no longer the strongest country fighting him. i think this is an entire MAD alliance war now

edit: the lesser nations of our alliance need to seriously assist us right now. trade us tech for $$ so we can more effectively send this fucker back in the dark ages again. need at least 2 nations...one to be the middle man and one to sell us tech for $$. how the fuck did he go from 66 infra and 12 tech to 36 tech and 200 infra in a day????

Suburban Lou
Mar 1, 2007, 5:31 PM
He might have made a donation to the website, thats what I did.

BroncoCSU05
Mar 1, 2007, 5:36 PM
^ even a $20 donation to the site doesn't buy you that much most of the time. i think he's got someone else backing him. is there any way to tell to see if he's gotten aid from someone?

BnaBreaker
Mar 1, 2007, 6:08 PM
It's already been said, but this guy made an unrealistic recovery and has now almost completely destroyed my army and sent me into anarchy. Two cruise missle attacks, two bomb attacks, and two invasions. I now have very little money and 20 soldiers.

WHAT DO WE DO?

I want to reiterate that I did absolutely nothing to bring this on...if it isn't a random attack on me, why not a random attack on everyone in the alliance?

BroncoCSU05
Mar 1, 2007, 6:19 PM
i responded back with 2 ground attacks, two cruise missles and everything. i destroyed 300 soldiers and 16 infrastructure and 10 of his tanks...plus sustained heavy losses and an additional 200 solders and 5 tanks from some of his invasions....so i'm holding my own, but it's costing me dearly in my solder count. my tech is seriously hurting my ability to fight this guy, which is why we need some lower middle men in the alliance STAT to help us buy tech and be more effective against this fvcker.

now that he's super strong, all nations in MAD are able to join this war and help the cause. i'm floating about 30k right now and i've lost a good 60 infra and 800 soldiers in the past day or so

wong21fr
Mar 1, 2007, 6:35 PM
I'm working to provide you guys some help, it's tough to do when only on my second day.

BroncoCSU05
Mar 1, 2007, 6:39 PM
^ how about you buy tech for us? ok? now we need a middle man to funnel you some cash to buy for us.

bna: i just sent you $5k to spend on soldiers. your 66 is dangerously low, so max that out on beefing up your army count. he'll probably still mow through you tomorrow, but at least you'll put up a better fight and kill some of his army as well.

wong21fr
Mar 1, 2007, 6:51 PM
I'll buy tech for you guys, but I need cash. Serious amounts of cash.

Where's the glorious country of Malla?