PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tulsa's BOK arena

Jerry W. Loper
Feb 22, 2007, 8:39 PM
Question about Tulsa's Bank of Oklahoma arena which is under construction.
When it's finished, are the af2 Tulsa Talons football team (which is now in the Civic Center arena) gonna move there?

BG918
Feb 23, 2007, 5:59 AM
I think that is the plan, along with the Oilers. However they will need to get some more fans because both of those teams only average 3-4,000 per game and the BOk Center has 20,000 seats. Not sure if they are going to have those curtains that can come down over the upper deck or not, that would at least make it look better during games. That place will be packed though for concerts, the occasional OU/OSU/TU basketball game or tournament, and especially if OKC lands an NBA team and they play a few games in Tulsa to widen the fanbase.

houston19514
Feb 23, 2007, 8:36 PM
I think that is the plan, along with the Oilers. However they will need to get some more fans because both of those teams only average 3-4,000 per game and the BOk Center has 20,000 seats. Not sure if they are going to have those curtains that can come down over the upper deck or not, that would at least make it look better during games. That place will be packed though for concerts, the occasional OU/OSU/TU basketball game or tournament, and especially if OKC lands an NBA team and they play a few games in Tulsa to widen the fanbase.

Minor point: BOK Center will have 18,000 seats. Not so sure that OU/TU games or OSU/TU games will sell it out...

SnyderBock
Feb 24, 2007, 5:44 AM

The new arena will attract the new fans. No one wants to go watch these teams play in these little rundown high school like arenas they play in now! This new, stat of the art, high capacity arena in downtown Tulsa will attract the fans!