PDA

View Full Version : Possible viewing location for the Intel shell implosion.

KevinFromTexas
Feb 22, 2007, 6:59 PM
I was scoping for a place to watch the Intel shell implosion from. I was using GoogleEarth to spot a good site.

I found one that might be good. There's a small private 2-story parking garage at the northwest corner of West 7th Street & West Avenue. The point at which you'd be standing appears to be around 25 feet to 30 feet up and you have pretty much no obstructed view of the Intel shell. It's also outside of the 2 block radius. It's actually 1,050 feet from the shell, (as measured with GoogleEarth). Two blocks sit diagonally between the site and the Intel shell.

Anyone who lives around downtown, or if you're in the area, can you go up there and check out the view and see what you think?

Take West 7th Street all the way to the end of it to where it dead ends at Shoal Creek. The garage is on the northwest corner of West 7th Street & West Avenue.

Go check it out and see what you guys think. The entrance to the garage is on 7th Street.

greenbelt
Feb 22, 2007, 7:44 PM
Guessing the 2nd floor rooftop at Whole Foods is too far?

rad707
Feb 22, 2007, 8:04 PM
Guessing the 2nd floor rooftop at Whole Foods is too far?

too far.

i work at 6th/lamar and have been scoping it out. i still think the houses on 7th and guadalupe offer the best view looking downhill and south towards the site.

greenbelt
Feb 22, 2007, 8:32 PM
too far.

i work at 6th/lamar and have been scoping it out. i still think the houses on 7th and guadalupe offer the best view looking downhill and south towards the site.

where on 6th/lamar?

JAM
Feb 22, 2007, 11:23 PM
You can catch a pretty good corner of it where West Ave dead ends near Seaholm. Head on the bike path towards the Intel shell a bit. Just behind Austin Energy.

404 Rio Grande parking garage would be good too, if you can get up there.