PDA

View Full Version : What level of photographer are you?

RaoulDuke
Feb 20, 2007, 11:26 PM
Are you an artist or an equipment measurbator? Read this hilarious spiritual and satirical guide to the Seven Levels of Photography by Ken Rockwell (http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm) to find out! ;)

BroncoCSU05
Feb 20, 2007, 11:47 PM
i wish i was a whore....

Derek
Feb 20, 2007, 11:49 PM
i wish i was a whore....

:haha:

Urban Sky
Mar 14, 2007, 12:45 AM
i dont think that the "Seven Levels of Photographers" really captures everyone who takes pictures. I think there is a level between "Amateur" and "Snapshooter". Someone who is artist and creative with a high level of knowledge of cameras who may or may not earn an income from photography, but still takes photos for more than "memories".

Anyway, I am most probably an Amateur, if anything.

HomeInMyShoes
Mar 14, 2007, 1:52 AM
Is there a category for creepy guy hanging around apartment buildings?

Urban Sky
Mar 14, 2007, 2:27 AM
Is there a category for creepy guy hanging around apartment buildings?

you mean with the 300mm zoom lens perched on top atop a public parking garage across the street looking for open blinds? :haha:

Plantboy
Mar 14, 2007, 2:30 PM
It's tough to say where I am. I work about 50 hrs/wk in management, but I find about one hour a month to photograph. It's funny to be so passionate about something and never have time to do it.

Urban Sky
Mar 18, 2007, 7:13 PM
It's tough to say where I am. I work about 50 hrs/wk in management, but I find about one hour a month to photograph. It's funny to be so passionate about something and never have time to do it.

i sometimes find myself in the same position. its tough to juggle a career, family, other random life-stuff and still have time for something you enjoy.

SuperstarMark
Mar 19, 2007, 2:45 AM
This was funny - I'm an "amateur" by these definitions. By other definitions, I'm something different.

Arriviste
Mar 19, 2007, 2:56 AM
Wow, based on these definitions I have achieved the highest level. But soon enough I will slip to whore which is fine with me. I don't need the weight of being so great.
In all honesty the only reason I fit that description the best is because I'm a photo major doing my BFA, so I am FORCED into doing conceptual stuff all the time. I might be unpaid, but it's cool to do art for arts sake. Once forced in to the real world, I will have to start selling my work, hopefully with enough success to pay for grad school, thus making me a whore.
I don't think that these levels are necessary though. Needless categorization which ultimately leads to a hierarchy which is bullshit.

Urban Sky
Mar 19, 2007, 4:21 AM
Wow, based on these definitions I have achieved the highest level. But soon enough I will slip to whore which is fine with me. I don't need the weight of being so great.
In all honesty the only reason I fit that description the best is because I'm a photo major doing my BFA, so I am FORCED into doing conceptual stuff all the time. I might be unpaid, but it's cool to do art for arts sake. Once forced in to the real world, I will have to start selling my work, hopefully with enough success to pay for grad school, thus making me a whore.
I don't think that these levels are necessary though. Needless categorization which ultimately leads to a hierarchy which is bullshit.

:yes: :haha:

Nicodemo
Mar 19, 2007, 5:39 AM
I'm a simple and amateur photographer.

Buckeye Native 001
Mar 24, 2007, 4:08 AM
Part snapshooter, part equipment measurebator.