PDA

View Full Version : EUFOR Headquarters Berlin?

[Jacks]-[Brother]
Feb 20, 2007, 10:50 AM
Has anyone heard anything about a central headquarters being built in Berlin?

I read elsewhere that a central European Union Military headquarters is planned and construction will start this April. Can anyone verify this to be true or false?

Here is what I have read (statement made 4 months ago)

EU is forming it's united force. Construction of EU forces headquarters in berlin are starting next april! only then europe will spread it's influence all over the world! potentia et gloria europae et nobilus populus pugnabat mundum!

Quoted from a random site.

OK I know this ain’t much to go on but I know for a fact that is was talked about back in 2003. I remember the US was not happy about it LOL.

Can anyone comment from Germany? Is such a thing in the works now or in the near future.

The Dear Leader
Feb 22, 2007, 3:39 PM
Haven't heard anything about that. I think the HQ for the Congo mission was in Potsdam (just outside Berlin) but that mission's now over.

pricemazda
Feb 22, 2007, 4:55 PM
Why isn't this being conducted in Brussels?

Grumpy
Feb 22, 2007, 5:08 PM
edit by poster

pricemazda
Feb 22, 2007, 11:32 PM
But to me it seems that hardly any of those are EU bodies.

Nexus6
Feb 23, 2007, 12:24 AM
-[Brother];2641743']Has anyone heard anything about a central headquarters being built in Berlin?I read elsewhere that a central European Union Military headquarters is planned and construction will start this April. Can anyone verify this to be true or false?

Not true. The EU uses the NATO SHAPE HQ in Belgium if no other HQ is defined for a misson. Maybe sometime in the future there will be a dedicated HQ for EU forces but currently not.