PDA

View Full Version : ATLANTA | Twelve Midtown

JoLeMaMa
Feb 4, 2007, 3:07 AM
Twelve 14th Street.
Are there any announcements on this one?
I would greatly appreciate it.

ATLksuGUY
Feb 6, 2007, 6:05 PM
Renders?

Pandemonious
Feb 6, 2007, 8:45 PM
I haven't heard any news about this project in a long time. The prospect of it is exciting though, as the firm listed as the architect designed Signature Tower, 3344 Peachtree, among many other buildings..

ClaySkyHigh
Feb 7, 2007, 2:51 AM
You might get some more insight on the project by going to AtlantaRegional.com and type in Twelve 14th Street. ( just the way I did ) in the bottom right hand section that asks " what are you interested in " and it will come up with the Proposal reports and the final report for the proposal. By the way.... The very last page has the whole site proposal diagram. Very cool !!!!!! Although I have not seen nor knoticed any more photographic renderings of this building. :cheers:

JoLeMaMa
Feb 7, 2007, 3:41 AM
You might get some more insight on the project by going to AtlantaRegional.com and type in Twelve 14th Street. ( just the way I did ) in the bottom right hand section that asks " what are you interested in " and it will come up with the Proposal reports and the final report for the proposal. By the way.... The very last page has the whole site proposal diagram. Very cool !!!!!! Although I have not seen nor knoticed any more photographic renderings of this building. :cheers:

Hmm. thanks. I followed your steps and it said there were 0 pages (etc.).

JoLeMaMa
Feb 7, 2007, 3:43 AM
The only match it had was under Data & Applications, unless I am doing something wrong. The only article found was something totally off subject.

SteveD
Feb 7, 2007, 4:41 AM
JoLaMaMa..I just tried it and it worked. You have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page after searching "Twelve 14th Street" and the pdf files are there

cactuspunk
Feb 9, 2007, 10:34 PM
I heard speculations (around the forums) that Ritz-Carlton might be a part of the development since they sold the downtown location and the twelve concept was not going to be a part of it. I'm sure Ritz would like a strong and dominating presence in Midtown.

I'm hoping for something BIG!! A new tallest perhaps?

mayhem
Feb 11, 2007, 4:34 AM
Not a new tallest, as long as the plans are the same as what was presented either to the DRC or ARC. Here is the rendering. It's meant to be 746ft @ 55 stories.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2683/twelvemidtown2wn1jp1.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8448/twelvemidtown1wi6vq8.jpg

ClaySkyHigh
Feb 12, 2007, 6:09 AM
I hope they build it!!! I keep up with the project as much as possible since it is the the tallest proposal to be built since BOA and ST Plaza, and would be a great addition to the skyline to make Atlanta look more dominating as you come around " The Curve " ( the curve you come around when coming south on 85 when 75 merges in to make the downtown connector ) I know the buisness owners who have their buisnesses in the small brick building at the corner of 13th and Spring St. and they told me Novare has bought the lot that made me confident they will build !!! And by the way ............... Screw that lady who is trying to put a halt on building tall in the ATL !!!!!!!!

ClaySkyHigh
Feb 12, 2007, 6:15 AM
:cheers: :banana: :tup:

James2390
Feb 15, 2007, 4:11 AM
I love this one. The the thin side is beautiful.

colemonkee
Feb 15, 2007, 5:46 PM
I think this building will look great from all angles. It reminds me of a modern, glassy version of 30 Rockefeller Plaza (GE Building) in NY. Those kind of classic, time-tested massing models will always be attractive.

wolfram
Feb 15, 2007, 11:31 PM
looks like a bush-league rockefeller plaza, without the 1930s soul.

i'm bored with it. even at 750 feet.

phillyskyline
Feb 16, 2007, 3:45 AM
Looks nice from the side...

Wheelingman04
Feb 16, 2007, 5:29 AM
^ I agree.

JoLeMaMa
Mar 20, 2007, 10:32 PM
bump.
any new renderings on this one?
thanks

DSGB
Mar 20, 2007, 10:38 PM
Here's what it will look like in the midtown skyline.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/pimpsquad27/midtown_render.jpg

gttx
Mar 20, 2007, 10:57 PM
why do we keep resurrecting this thread? isn't this proposal dead yet?

ThrashATL
Mar 21, 2007, 1:49 AM
why do we keep resurrecting this thread? isn't this proposal dead yet?

Not as dead as Park Vinings.

scania
Mar 21, 2007, 2:04 AM
Not as dead as Park Vinings.

I think Park Vinings just opened are is about to finally open the sales center.

ThrashATL
Mar 21, 2007, 11:07 AM
I think Park Vinings just opened are is about to finally open the sales center.

Again? The first time it "opened" was in 2000 on Cobb Parkway near 285. I remember the big billboard along CP when you were eastbound near the Perimeter. They're saying (Park Signature Properties) that it should start 3rd Qtr 2007. Thirty-35 stories, 110 condos, $1M (start at) up to $12M (penthouses). About 3 condos per floor average, they should be some monsters at a mil and up.

http://www.parksig.com/uploads/100003_PropertyImages/100007.jpg

smArTaLlone
Mar 21, 2007, 1:42 PM
bump.
any new renderings on this one?
thanks

Couple of things...

You may have read already that this will not be another Twelve hotel. Novare was said to be trying to sign a luxury hotel brand, such as the Ritz for this project.

At any rate its now called 53 14th Street by the Midtown Alliance and is being described as in "pre-planning" in the business chronicle which suggest they have yet to sign a hotel brand.

mayhem
Jun 15, 2007, 7:07 PM
It's not dead until Dewberry signs on.

JoLeMaMa
Jun 23, 2007, 4:14 PM
Even though it's unlikely, I'd really like to see this one get built.