PDA

View Full Version : TOKYO | X-Seed 4000 | 13,123 FT / 4,000 M | 800 FLOORS | VISION

mcdonnell77
Dec 14, 2006, 12:52 AM
The X-Seed 4000 is the tallest building ever fully envisioned.

Its proposed 4 kilometre (13,123 foot) height, 6 kilometre wide sea-base, and 800 floor capacity could accommodate five hundred thousand to one million inhabitants.

It was designed for Tokyo, Japan by the Taisei Construction Corporation as a futuristic environment combining ultra-modern living and interaction with nature.

Unlike conventional skyscrapers, the X-Seed 4000 would be required to actively protect its occupants from considerable air pressure gradations and weather fluctuations along its massive elevation. Its design calls for the use of solar power to maintain internal environmental conditions.

A sea-based location and a Mount Fuji shape are some of this building's other major design features — the real Mount Fuji is land-based and is 3.8 kilometers in height, nearly 700 feet shorter than X-Seed 4000

http://www.inhabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/xseed40003.jpg

Some estimate that the cost to construct the X-Seed 4000 structure may be somewhere between US $300-900 billion, which is roughly half of Tokyo's nominal GDP.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/X-seed4000.jpg

Lecom
Dec 14, 2006, 1:02 AM
How many years need to pass until it pays off its price tag?

PuyoPiyo
Dec 14, 2006, 2:14 AM
lol I have seen this one before, it was VERY impressive envisioned I ever seen! They should build it!

Sacto
Dec 14, 2006, 2:51 AM
This would be too much...

M II A II R II K
Dec 14, 2006, 3:18 AM
Imagine going through a fire drill in that thing, or even worse, someone accidently hits the alarm.

northface
Dec 14, 2006, 3:33 AM
yeah what if theres a fire...how the hell would u get down from the 800th story?

LMich
Dec 14, 2006, 3:48 AM
I'm sure for it being a city within a city they'd have excellent fire control systems and such like shutting off an entire section of the thing among all other kinds of advanced safety features.

Zerton
Dec 14, 2006, 6:15 AM
^did I miss something?

Yeah, I've seen the show about it discussing what theyd do in a fire (shut off a section) but that doesnt really seem like a good idea.

Btown
Dec 16, 2006, 8:38 AM
I dont see this happening until at least 2200 maybe longer. this might seem like a bit of a future trip, but by 3000, buildings of this magnitude will be commonplace in my mind

MolsonExport
Dec 16, 2006, 5:16 PM
Can you imagine...one day, it might be one big giant slum!

Nowhereman1280
Dec 22, 2006, 7:31 AM
I dont see this happening until at least 2200 maybe longer. this might seem like a bit of a future trip, but by 3000, buildings of this magnitude will be commonplace in my mind

Yeah, if the human race still exists, we will definately have these kind of buildings, I mean look at how far we have come in the last 100 years, look at how far we have come in 1000, in another 1000 years imagine what we will be able to do, we will definately have a space elevator or something like that by then, which will hold the record as worlds tallest structure for quite a while...

N0rthcar0lina
Jan 9, 2007, 4:54 PM
Thats INSANE. By the way, hi to all, this is my first post :) love the site

some_stupid_nut
Jan 9, 2007, 8:38 PM
I was remember hearing something that said that if there was a fire the building is so big that people on the other side wouldnt even know it was going on.

M II A II R II K
Apr 6, 2008, 7:32 PM
I would say that if they wanted to they could probably have the means to construct such a thing by the end of the century.

Given advances in contruction techniques, non-human labour, and space age materials and resources perhaps.

Having vertical exits would probably be a good idea too.

farmer77
Apr 14, 2008, 7:02 AM
From what I understand, the corporation who put this idea out never intended to have it be built, they just wanted to get the attention to put themselves on the map. But I would have love to see it get built for my own selfish reasons, so I can witness it. lol. I can imagine though that there would inevitably be squalors and poor areas in the X-Seed 4000 if it was really a self-contained city.

It's the geek in me, but I wish someone would come out with a X-Seed 4000 anime or live action movie. I would pay to see it.

JDRCRASH
Apr 21, 2008, 6:26 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Dubai builds this at Mid-Century..... seriously.

flight_from_kamakura
Jul 7, 2008, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Dubai builds this at Mid-Century..... seriously.

yeah, or sooner.

JDRCRASH
Jul 7, 2008, 11:04 PM
^
With the likelyhood of the Tall Tower (formerly Al Burj) going up soon, I would have to agree with you there.

Despite the massive space that Dubailand will take up, they still have room for it, but it will probably have to be built in the UAE's midsection, if not close to the southeastern border.

tua21506
Jul 8, 2008, 12:11 AM
Well I could see this happening again if Japan experiences another bubble economy, and its population density increases significantly...Just think, In the 1980's bubble economy the Imperial Palace was worth more than Canada if I remember correctly....

bnk
Jul 8, 2008, 1:50 AM
Some estimate that the cost to construct the X-Seed 4000 structure may be somewhere between US $300-900 billion, which is roughly half of Tokyo's nominal GDP.

]

Not a bad price concidering that the Iraq war has cost the US 2.4 trillion dollars so far. They could even possibly build 8 of these if the 300 B figure is correct.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2007-10-23-wacosts_N.htm

War costs may total $2.4 trillion

By Ken Dilanian, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — The cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could total $2.4 trillion through the next decade, or nearly $8,000 per man, woman and child in the country, according to a Congressional Budget Office estimate scheduled for release Wednesday.
A previous CBO estimate put the wars' costs at more than $1.6 trillion. This one adds $705 billion in interest, taking into account that the conflicts are being funded with borrowed money.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hbQ-N1pwNcepmkYfg_CBXzDV-Fdg

Iraq: a three trillion dollar war?
Mar 16, 2008

NDPhilly
Jul 10, 2008, 7:06 PM
to even think of this now is just rediculous. a nother 500 years maby.

AustinSkyscrapers
Jun 6, 2009, 1:32 AM
I do not think this structure is going to go up. At 4 kilometers wide and even taller than Mt. Fuji, that's reason. It may be even more cost than the bailout!

GFW
Sep 13, 2009, 11:46 AM
Jeus if that was ever built then it would be absolutely garguntuan.
Hey, at least if global warming happens we will be safe, just live in the taller parts of it.

Rail>Auto
Sep 19, 2009, 4:34 AM
if built, this would be the greatest building ever for the next 10-20 yrs for sure.

GFW
Sep 19, 2009, 12:27 PM
10-20?
more like 100.
its not like these would be easily made, the cost is insane.

John Hinds
Sep 19, 2009, 12:39 PM
If they do build similar buildings in 250-500 years time the architect who designed this will be as iconic to them as Leonardo da Vinci is to us.

JDRCRASH
Sep 21, 2009, 4:48 AM
The only real place that this would likely get built is in Dubai...

TonyAnderson
Oct 29, 2009, 7:47 AM
I'd imagine a pretty sweet view from the penthouse suite on that.

MolsonExport
Oct 30, 2009, 4:30 PM
Build it in Baltimore for public housing, let it decay and mellow for 50 years, then film season 6 of "The Wire" in the complex.