Trident Exploration Floors 1-10

Bankers Court
Compton Petroleum Corporation Floors 8-14
Fraser Milner Casgrain Floors 3-7

Jamieson Place
Canetic Resources Floors 25-39
Primewest Energy Floors 21-23
???New Deal done on Floors 18-20???

This is what I have so far, if anyone wants to add to this, feel free to do so.

Claeren
Nov 14, 2006, 9:47 PM
^ Very nice work!

:)

Claeren.

Coldrsx
Nov 14, 2006, 9:51 PM
what do you mean energy takes up a lot of space in calgary;)

Claeren
Nov 14, 2006, 9:57 PM
^ I was thinking that too but realized it wasn't really fair.

1) These are new buildings with premium rents, no surprise that energy companies takes up that space (both because it is new and being built for energy industry growth AND because it is expensive).

2) There is so much diversity within the Calgary energy industry now days. There is oil, gas, pre- and post- environmental services, support services, exporation in each sector, trusts, etc.

3) Despite 1 & 2, there are still a number of companies that are not directly related to the energy industry included in that total.

Claeren.

urbandaddy
Nov 24, 2006, 6:03 PM
Anyone hear who took the 2 floors in Jamieson?

The Chemist
Nov 24, 2006, 6:51 PM
Great work - very interesting. Any word on tennants for Penny Lane, considering construction is expected to begin in January?

polishavenger
Nov 24, 2006, 7:27 PM
I think the rumour on lead tenants for PLT is CNRL.

Western Spaghetti
Nov 24, 2006, 7:32 PM
Who is the lead tenant for Centennial? I remember hearing that this was being built on spec.

BTW, great work Urbandaddy.

freeweed
Nov 24, 2006, 7:58 PM
Who is the lead tenant for Centennial? I remember hearing that this was being built on spec.

It might have started that way, but with vacancy rates as they are, I'd be amazed if they didn't have it pretty much leased out by now.

That being said, I don't know either :)

mersar
Nov 24, 2006, 8:35 PM
Someone mentioned a prospective tenant a while back, can't recall who it was though. If I am correct it wasn't an oil industry company though.

Distill3d
Nov 24, 2006, 10:14 PM
Livingston Place South
Shell Canada Floors 11-16

Livingston Place West
Shell Canada Floors 10-15

i'm not about to pretend i know anything about the way most business' run, but wouldn't it make a little more sense and be more cost effective to have leased out 10 floors in one building? :shrug:

lubicon
Nov 24, 2006, 10:58 PM
Plus they are still in the Shell Tower as well. Now they will be spread out in 3 buildings.

Wooster
Nov 24, 2006, 11:03 PM
^Time to build their own 70 floor tower! ;)

freeweed
Nov 24, 2006, 11:10 PM
Plus they are still in the Shell Tower as well. Now they will be spread out in 3 buildings.

5, actually, just in the downtown core. Shell looked into building their own tower, but instead decided the current was good enough - it's currently undergoing some major renovation work both in the lobby and on the floors.

What's happened, of course, is that in the meantime the economy went nuts, and like all companies, Shell is scrambling to find more space NOW. Hence the bizarre floor allotments. I hadn't heard about specific floors in Livingston, but this doesn't surprise me at all - they likely initially signed up for 10, then with growth needed 10 more.

I think it speaks to just how many new staff the big companies have been hiring in just the past couple of years that we see a situation like this.

Surrealplaces
Nov 25, 2006, 2:13 AM
5, actually, just in the downtown core. Shell looked into building their own tower, but instead decided the current was good enough - it's currently undergoing some major renovation work both in the lobby and on the floors.

What's happened, of course, is that in the meantime the economy went nuts, and like all companies, Shell is scrambling to find more space NOW. Hence the bizarre floor allotments. I hadn't heard about specific floors in Livingston, but this doesn't surprise me at all - they likely initially signed up for 10, then with growth needed 10 more.

I think it speaks to just how many new staff the big companies have been hiring in just the past couple of years that we see a situation like this.

If the Oil stays strong for a while longer, which it probably will, then we'll likely see companies like Shell and Imperial make a play for their own building. :)

Distill3d
Nov 25, 2006, 8:58 PM
^Time to build their own 70 floor tower! ;)

i don't disagree, but of course, expecting the boom to go for a while, it would be nice to see Calgary have some Dubai-esque hieghts with our new buildings. maybe i'm greedy, but why don't we have any 100 -120 floor office towers here? i could think of a few twins/quardruplets we could implode for the space. :yes:

Coldrsx
Nov 25, 2006, 9:07 PM
i don't disagree, but of course, expecting the boom to go for a while, it would be nice to see Calgary have some Dubai-esque hieghts with our new buildings. maybe i'm greedy, but why don't we have any 100 -120 floor office towers here? i could think of a few twins/quardruplets we could implode for the space. :yes:

calgary thinks it has money...until it tries to think dubai, shanhai, NYC, Chicago, etc.

Bad Grizzly
Nov 25, 2006, 10:24 PM
calgary thinks it has money...until it tries to think dubai, shanhai, NYC, Chicago, etc.

Calgary does have money, but it doesn't have the popluation of NYC and Shanghai, and doesn't have the $2.00 an hour labour of Dubai. Even then Dubai still has more money, but for a city in the western hemisphere of this size, Calgary does quite well.

urbandaddy
Nov 30, 2006, 2:37 AM
Anyone hear that Trident has backed out of Homburg Harris?

Xelebes
Nov 30, 2006, 2:47 AM
i'm not about to pretend i know anything about the way most business' run, but wouldn't it make a little more sense and be more cost effective to have leased out 10 floors in one building? :shrug:

Depends on what kind of operations they got going.

One section could be the whole logistics and the other be the whole number crunching operation and they find it easier for their staff to be housed in two separate buildings.

mersar
Nov 30, 2006, 3:06 AM
Also possible that when they signed the agreements for the space that there wasn't a contigious block left the size they wanted in either building (or they signed an agreement for the first 5, then decided they should go with 10 instead).

Overall I doubt it would make much difference, as the distances in the complex aren't that great, and even then, they'd likely split the employees up so that the group in the one would probaly have little to do with the group in the other.

krazycanuck
Nov 30, 2006, 10:06 AM
I imagine we will see Suncor moving some of their operations into one of these new buildings. They take up the top half of the east tower in SunLife Plaza and then have a floor 'here and there' in the other sunlife towers and I think a couple floors over in the Telus tower (I could be wrong about that). But with that company growing so quickly and no where else to grow in Sunlife Plaza, I'm sure they've got a stake somewhere else in downtown Calgary.

urbandaddy
Dec 11, 2006, 4:23 PM
Suncor is moving, I can't remember right now exactly where. Anyone here who might be rumoured for the Penny Lane Towers?

mersar
Dec 11, 2006, 5:48 PM
Only rumor that anyone has heard, thats completely unsubstantiated, is CNRL. With construction starting likely in the next 2 or 3 months hopefully we will hear more soon.

Where is, and how much space is Suncor using right now?

urbandaddy
Dec 11, 2006, 9:40 PM
SUncor is taking the Provident space in Sun Life when Provident moves to Livingston Place West.

urbandaddy
Dec 12, 2006, 6:32 AM
So.... where is IOL going?