PDA

View Full Version : HOUSTON | Development Thread II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132

Wattleigh
Oct 24, 2007, 5:06 PM
I'm not sure if I've caught Mosaic from that angle, but I'd like to at some point. It is neat to see it juxtaposed against the DT skyline if you're driving up Almeda, or from the park as it looms over the trees.

The second crane is up at One Park Place now.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/OPP102307.jpg

Is it just me, or does it look like they've finished the first part of the podium and are getting ready to focus on the narrower, residential portion of the tower? I know they've started on the rest of the base (closer to 4 Houston Center) recently as well.

Wattleigh
Oct 24, 2007, 5:38 PM
Here are a couple of Life Science Plaza along W. Holcombe in the Medical Center that I took within the past 2 weeks

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/LSP101407A.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/LSP101407B.jpg

c4smok
Oct 24, 2007, 7:59 PM
hey can you post video here?

rdavis4559
Oct 24, 2007, 9:34 PM
I was over at 9 Greenway Plaza earlier today... I took this picture from the 30th floor. Anyone know what all that land was cleared for?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/rdavis4559/IMG00236.jpg

JManc
Oct 25, 2007, 2:10 AM
^ it was the HISD administration buildings and an elementary school. they were demo'ed to make way for a costco.

Wattleigh
Oct 25, 2007, 2:55 AM
The website for One Park Place (www.oneparkplacehouston.com) now has a short video on the homepage of what the building and some of the units should look like.

Xeelee
Oct 25, 2007, 6:18 PM
^ it was the HISD administration buildings and an elementary school. they were demo'ed to make way for a costco.

Costco? :lmao: That's the funniest thing you've ever said. :jester: :jester: Good one! :)

:lmao:

Tom Servo
Oct 25, 2007, 8:00 PM

:haha: seriously?

RocTX
Oct 25, 2007, 8:25 PM
:haha: seriously?

Unfortunately, it's true. :(

Boris
Oct 26, 2007, 12:01 AM
Hey, but it's going to be a fancy Costco.

JManc
Oct 26, 2007, 12:25 AM
but still a costco.

KevinFromTexas
Oct 26, 2007, 2:52 AM
Any place that ends with 'co' or 'mart' is never good. Except for Quik-E-Mart, that one is ok. :D

Shasta
Oct 26, 2007, 5:34 AM
The print edition of this week's Houston Business Journal had a pull out office leasing guide. The front cover announces a MAJOR expansion to the former BMC campus (now called CityWestPlace). Colvill Office Properties and Thomas Properties Group are planning on adding 1.8 million square feet of class A space to the complex. Here are the details;

CityWestPlace Five-
22 floors
639,650 square feet
would become the tallest in the complex

CityWestPlace Six-
16 floors
465,200 square feet

CityWestPlace Seven-
12 floors
306,900 square feet

CityWestPlace Eight-
16 floors
387,200 square feet

Five and Six look to very closely related architecturally to the existing campus and located just to the South of the current hi-rises along the Beltway. Seven and Eight appear to be a little different architecurally and are located to the West-Northwest of the project (maybe along City West Blvd?)

I can't find a rendering on-line but the print ad is impressive. The current 4 buildings are at a combined 98% occupancy and the Westchase market is HOT.

Great_Hizzy
Oct 26, 2007, 2:21 PM
Westchase = the next Uptown

JManc
Oct 26, 2007, 2:24 PM
Westchase = the next Uptown

westchase needs to clean up its act though becuase while it maybe booming commercially, it's no longer a desirable place to live.

Complex01
Oct 26, 2007, 2:34 PM
I saw this Pic on the Houstonist (http://houstonist.com/2007/10/25/houstonist_flic_441.php) and i wanted to share. I likes it alot...

:yes:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2087/1541541501_76276eac98.jpg

"Today’s Photo of the Day comes from flickr user and Houstonist photo contributor japi14."

"This stunning sunrise over downtown shot was taken from near 1-10 and The Beltway. What a gorgeous and inspiring capture."

ChiPsy
Oct 26, 2007, 2:47 PM
:previous:

Whoah! What a shot!!

KevinFromTexas
Oct 26, 2007, 2:48 PM
WOW! That might just be the coolest photo I've ever seen of Houston. Incredible shot.

Shasta
Oct 26, 2007, 4:25 PM
West Houston along I-10 (Energy Corridor) and Westchase are booming. In addition to the 4 buildings I listed above, the Chronicle mentioned that Mac Haik Development, Morris Architects, and EE Reed Construction were ready to break ground on 3 new towers in the Energy Plaza Office Park.

Energy Tower I, a 14 story office tower is already on the site (not to be confused with the Energy Center I and II which are under construction right down the road).

Set to break ground in Feb 2008 are the following;

Energy Towers II and III-

Both office towers will stand 17 stories tall and contain 447,000 square feet. They'll stand on the Northwest corner of Kirkwood and I-10. Opening is set for Sept 2009. Technip USA (a French company) signed a 370,400 foot lease for Tower II.

Joining the office towers will be a 14 story full-service hotel. The hotel will have 216 rooms and should break ground next April.

c4smok
Oct 26, 2007, 6:11 PM
http://www.citymv.net/action/viewvideo/84/Houston_Park8_3D_Introduction/

Park 8 vid

Trae
Oct 26, 2007, 9:33 PM
westchase needs to clean up its act though becuase while it maybe booming commercially, it's no longer a desirable place to live.

It sure does. The areas closer to Briar Forest aren't that bad though.

Wattleigh
Oct 26, 2007, 9:52 PM
Per the HBJ print edition from today...

The CityWestPlace Proposals & Their Placement in the complex
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/HBJCitywestbuildings.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/HBJCitywestbuildings2.jpg

And the rendering of Technip's proposed building in the Energy Corridor from today's Chron. Kirkwood @ the Katy Freeway.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/HCTechnip.jpg

Trae
Oct 26, 2007, 9:56 PM
Here is a rendering of Energy Tower II in West Houston:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/Technip.jpg

Here is where it will be built (along with 14 story, 216 room hotel and twin 17-story towers):

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/issaaa/Misc/energycorridor2.jpg

Boris
Oct 26, 2007, 10:00 PM
These proposals for west houston are amazing. Hopefully, this will help with my home's selling price. :D

Trae
Oct 26, 2007, 10:01 PM
Are you trying to leave Houston?

Boris
Oct 26, 2007, 11:39 PM
looking at the woodlands

hi123
Oct 27, 2007, 12:06 AM
when will main place start construction?

Trae
Oct 27, 2007, 12:35 AM
looking at the woodlands

Nice place. Far out though (like where I am at in Katy).

CHAPINM1
Oct 27, 2007, 5:03 AM
when will main place start construction?

From what I've seen, spring 2008.

Wattleigh
Oct 27, 2007, 5:25 AM
From what I've seen, spring 2008.

That's right, the last portion of the old block (Hotel Montagu) will be imploded in early January. I think the West building will be manually demolished beforehand. After the cleanup is completed, excavation will begin for the tunnel level connection and the rest of the structure will follow.

Xeelee
Oct 27, 2007, 6:53 AM
I dont know about you guys... but how could you live so far out? And I dont know about Briar Forest. A good friend of mine lives there now. He's having a hard time selling his house for about 300,000. He says something about all the Katrina evacuees. I always tell him to come to the Heights with me. Ah well.

Today though was a good day to take some pics of Houston. I was off of 288 incoming. Too bad I didn't have my camera. :happysad:

Xeelee
Oct 27, 2007, 7:01 AM
I dont know about all those new buildings in westchase. When I see them all I see is... Blah#5... blah#6 blah7#... blah8#.

Im not sure about ya'll but I really don't see much of a difference between the buildings...

:upload_71700:

Xeelee
Oct 27, 2007, 7:03 AM
From what I've seen, spring 2011.

I fixed it for you to take into account the customary delays and cancellations common in the Houston market. :filthyanimal:

CALMSP
Oct 27, 2007, 12:10 PM
the latest from Mayor White's office in regards to the 1717 Bissonnet proposal.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5250308.html

Trae
Oct 27, 2007, 2:22 PM
I fixed it for you to take into account the customary delays and cancellations common in the Houston market. :filthyanimal:

I don't think so. It is going to be the same. Houston proposals have been following through on time as of late. MainPlace will be constructed on time.

Saddle Man
Oct 27, 2007, 4:48 PM
the latest from Mayor White's office in regards to the 1717 Bissonnet proposal.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5250308.html

This is fucking crazy.

vjhe
Oct 27, 2007, 10:07 PM
I dont know about all those new buildings in westchase. When I see them all I see is... Blah#5... blah#6 blah7#... blah8#.

Im not sure about ya'll but I really don't see much of a difference between the buildings...

I'm with you Xeelee, I am not moved whatsover with the designs of all of these new buildings on the Westside. I'm not saying they should be spectacles by any means, but all of these buildings are yet more examples of how when looking at the overall picture of building designs chosen for Houston in the past 10-15years, they have been blah at best. Why is that?

Trae
Oct 27, 2007, 10:20 PM
Well, Westchase is a suburban-office district. You shouldn't expect too much. The area is getting an impressive skyline, though.

Wattleigh
Oct 29, 2007, 4:59 AM
Here's a map I made relatively quickly of the highrise condos appearing in the Clear Lake area. Feel free to mention projects I missed or if some of the pinpoints are in the wrong places.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&...079823&z=14 (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&t=h&om=1&msid=104297840938415965083.00043d9a2ed12f55a77dd&ll=29.553524,-95.045557&spn=0.035764,0.079823&z=14)

Xeelee
Oct 29, 2007, 5:27 PM
Just out of curiosity... Anyone have the image of entry to the 1982 Bank of the Southwest tower for Houston? We've all seen Helmut's winning design and if we google for KPF Houston we can see the second design... Anyone have the third? The one with the dome on top? TIA. :)

Xeelee
Oct 29, 2007, 5:28 PM
I scanned a black and white image from the competition's book and uploaded it to the previous version of this website... I can't find it anywhere on this new one. :)

JManc
Oct 29, 2007, 8:23 PM

westchase = blah. so blah buildings only seem fitting for a blah area. i think there is a local ordinance in that part of town where everything is to be blah...including the people.

Complex01
Oct 29, 2007, 8:27 PM
looking at the woodlands

I live by the woodlands, but once my lease is over i am so moving DownTown. The Woodlands is a great area, but just not for me...

:cool:

Cory
Oct 29, 2007, 8:33 PM
I'm with you Xeelee, I am not moved whatsover with the designs of all of these new buildings on the Westside. I'm not saying they should be spectacles by any means, but all of these buildings are yet more examples of how when looking at the overall picture of building designs chosen for Houston in the past 10-15years, they have been blah at best. Why is that?

Why is so much vision given to Westchase anyway? Just out of curiosity, what would a cutting edge design do for the edge city that is Westchase but sprawl Houston's identity even more? Houston currently lacks identity because there is no focal point for places such as Boulvard Place, River Oaks District, Town and Country's City Centre, Regent Square, West Ave., etc. to exsist. While all these places are appreciated and so is the fact that around 70% of these projects are located in the innerloop, the atmosphere and excitement of these places will cease right when you step off the property of these destinations. Houston needs a continuous urban environment that will be left in people's minds and make this city have more of an identity rather than the one we currently have that we have to search for.

Trae
Oct 29, 2007, 8:55 PM
Why is so much vision given to Westchase anyway? Just out of curiosity, what would a cutting edge design do for the edge city that is Westchase but sprawl Houston's identity even more? Houston currently lacks identity because there is no focal point for places such as Boulvard Place, River Oaks District, Town and Country's City Centre, Regent Square, West Ave., etc. to exsist. While all these places are appreciated and so is the fact that around 70% of these projects are located in the innerloop, the atmosphere and excitement of these places will cease right when you step off the property of these destinations. Houston needs a continuous urban environment that will be left in people's minds and make this city have more of an identity rather than the one we currently have that we have to search for.
I think it is happening from Downtown to Midtown to the TMC on west to Greenway and north up to Uptown.

vjhe
Oct 29, 2007, 10:13 PM

Buildings will be built in Westchase. That's in stone. Houston has multiple skylines all over the city and they will continue to add office space. Since we know this is going to happen, why not choose a quality design? Millennium Tower at the Beltway and Richmond is a quality design and one of my favorites in the entire city. If there are going to be edge cities and buildings are going to be erected, why not put some thought into the design? Look at the recent tall ones going up in Buckhead. Should the architects have not cared because the buildings were going in Buckhead instead of Downtown?

To be quite honest, I'm not even really sure why you responded specifically to my post. I agree with you in that Houston needs a continuous urban environment but that wasn't the subject of my initial post. I was posting about the building designs of all of these new buidlings going up on the westside.

Houston was known across the world for it's architecture and skylines at one point (and really still is). Now it seems like for the most part in the past 10-15 years, that tradition of great, edgy building designs have gone by way of the toilet, imo. Simple functionality seems to be the phrase of the city now. Houston had a thriving "x" factor that showed it's face everywhere in the city but particularly in it's buildings. That seems to be gone. Look at Main Place. Look at 2727 Kirby. When those renderings were released there was almost a instantaneous consensus on those buildings. Houstonians at these skyscraper sites basically all liked the designs right out of the gate. Why is that? My point is, I would like to see more designs chosen for Houston where there is no question about the quality of the design just like there seemed to be no question about Main Place and 2727.

Shasta
Oct 29, 2007, 10:42 PM
While they might not physically fit your design tastes or mine, I do like the fact that green building is catching on. All of these projects are slated to be seeking LEED certification and that's a good thing.

Cory
Oct 30, 2007, 12:06 AM
Buildings will be built in Westchase. That's in stone. Houston has multiple skylines all over the city and they will continue to add office space. Since we know this is going to happen, why not choose a quality design? Millennium Tower at the Beltway and Richmond is a quality design and one of my favorites in the entire city. If there are going to be edge cities and buildings are going to be erected, why not put some thought into the design? Look at the recent tall ones going up in Buckhead. Should the architects have not cared because the buildings were going in Buckhead instead of Downtown?

To be quite honest, I'm not even really sure why you responded specifically to my post. I agree with you in that Houston needs a continuous urban environment but that wasn't the subject of my initial post. I was posting about the building designs of all of these new buidlings going up on the westside.

Houston was known across the world for it's architecture and skylines at one point (and really still is). Now it seems like for the most part in the past 10-15 years, that tradition of great, edgy building designs have gone by way of the toilet, imo. Simple functionality seems to be the phrase of the city now. Houston had a thriving "x" factor that showed it's face everywhere in the city but particularly in it's buildings. That seems to be gone. Look at Main Place. Look at 2727 Kirby. When those renderings were released there was almost a instantaneous consensus on those buildings. Houstonians at these skyscraper sites basically all liked the designs right out of the gate. Why is that? My point is, I would like to see more designs chosen for Houston where there is no question about the quality of the design just like there seemed to be no question about Main Place and 2727.

I guess I am just showing my frustration with the mega projects so far away from the core of the city and my general annoyance with edge cities such as the energy corridor and westchase when thinking about the full potential of our central business district. By the way, our these designs really that bad? I am with you when you say Houston has had some pretty drab and non progressive designs that have gone up lately, but I personally believe they wouldn't be half as bad if there were an urban element in place that made the buildings part of the community. As a matter of fact the new Westchase buildings probably wouldn't be half as bad if the latter were incorporated, but I understand there would not be a point since it is Westchase.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/HBJCitywestbuildings.jpg

Wattleigh
Oct 30, 2007, 4:08 AM
For One Park Place-Here's the rendering they have on the front of the preliminary brochure. Haven't seen it anywhere else so far...
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/OPPbrochureRendering.jpg

Saddle Man
Oct 30, 2007, 1:02 PM
This building looks great.

Xeelee
Oct 30, 2007, 3:49 PM

Very well said. :)

Wattleigh
Oct 31, 2007, 3:46 AM
Another Endeavour project for the Clear Lake area, this one being Endeavour Seabrook.

Proposed are 259 hotel rooms & 61 Condos in a 23-story (based on rendering) hotel tower. The hotel would include a 2 story spa and would be managed by Minnesota-based Wischermann Partners (http://www.wischermannpartners.com/).

Adjacent would be (again, based on the rendering) a 10-story, Class A office building. Both would be located along a boardwalk with 50k sq ft of retail located along the stretch and there would be access to a small marina.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/EndeavourSeabrook1.jpg

CALMSP
Oct 31, 2007, 4:14 AM
awesome!!!

i recall someone from the area down there saying htey were going to make their own "downtown" with the amount of high-rises they have planned.

Complex01
Oct 31, 2007, 1:58 PM
Oh another one for houston. Hmm thats kewl...

Great_Hizzy
Oct 31, 2007, 4:00 PM
That seems quite ambitious for the Seabrook area. With the oncoming swell of condo highrises on the books, you wonder how traffic in the Clear Lake area is going to hold up in the future. It's already pretty hectic at the intersections of Nasa Road 1 and SH 146 and then SH 146 and FM 518.

Xeelee
Oct 31, 2007, 6:13 PM
Not too bad. :)

Trae
Oct 31, 2007, 8:42 PM
That seems quite ambitious for the Seabrook area. With the oncoming swell of condo highrises on the books, you wonder how traffic in the Clear Lake area is going to hold up in the future. It's already pretty hectic at the intersections of Nasa Road 1 and SH 146 and then SH 146 and FM 518.

Isn't SH 146 a freeway down there, or about to be? Also, is this area close at all to the commuter rail line proposed for that area. I really don't know Southeast Houston too well.

toxteth o'grady
Nov 1, 2007, 12:03 AM
awesome!!!

It really looks like it wants to be downtown somewhere. Or perhaps over by Greenway Plaza.

toxteth o'grady
Nov 1, 2007, 12:52 AM
The CityWestPlace Proposals & Their Placement in the complex

And the rendering of Technip's proposed building in the Energy Corridor from today's Chron. Kirkwood @ the Katy Freeway.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/HCTechnip.jpg

I guess my frustration is that there have been quite a few of these 15-25 story proposals getting floated within the last six months, but no indication that they're moving into construction. Now I know there are plenty of cranes up around town, but they don't show up in the photos. Maybe in about nine months that will change.

:banana:

Wattleigh
Nov 1, 2007, 1:23 AM
I guess my frustration is that there have been quite a few of these 15-25 story proposals getting floated within the last six months, but no indication that they're moving into construction. Now I know there are plenty of cranes up around town, but they don't show up in the photos. Maybe in about nine months that will change.

:banana:

Probably because many of the projects mentioned in the recent past (regardless of size/height) are slated to begin in 2008 or later. My take on it anyway. :shrug:

Great_Hizzy
Nov 1, 2007, 1:56 PM
Isn't SH 146 a freeway down there, or about to be? Also, is this area close at all to the commuter rail line proposed for that area. I really don't know Southeast Houston too well.

SH 146 is a freeway beginning a couple of miles north of these intersections and then on up north into Baytown.

Wattleigh
Nov 1, 2007, 9:37 PM
I stopped into the sales office earlier today and picked up one of the informational folders they provide, and it seems they're beginning to market the Parkside tower more. Per the sales sheet, it looks like there are only 5 units left in the first tower.

The Parkside construction site is where a ton of cars are parked (presumably for both of the projects) at the moment, though it does look like they have started clearing away whatever was on the site beforehand. Also, the rendering below was included in the folder and I don't recall seeing it before.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/EndeavourParkside.jpg

Great_Hizzy
Nov 2, 2007, 1:50 PM
Interesting...

Xeelee
Nov 2, 2007, 5:02 PM
I was on my way back from San Antonio this morning when I came across this:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/xeelee6000/4.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/xeelee6000/3.jpg

What 's going on around here?

JManc
Nov 2, 2007, 5:04 PM
that's the new memorial-herman professional/ administrative building in the memorial city area.

Wattleigh
Nov 2, 2007, 5:07 PM
I was on my way back from San Antonio this morning when I came across this:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/xeelee6000/4.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/xeelee6000/3.jpg

What 's going on around here?

That's Memorial Hermann's tower around Memorial City. It's just a few months from having all of the regular floors completed, and I'm interested how they'll integrate the crown into what has been built thus far.

Xeelee
Nov 2, 2007, 6:48 PM
This is getting ridiculous. This is just too far out from the center of town. Or is it just me?

Wattleigh
Nov 2, 2007, 7:10 PM
This is getting ridiculous. This is just too far out from the center of town. Or is it just me?

The Memorial City area is essentially the geographic center of the city now, if I'm not mistaken. ;)

CALMSP
Nov 2, 2007, 9:18 PM
i enjoy seeing some highrises outside of the city!! :)

Xeelee
Nov 2, 2007, 9:56 PM
The Memorial City area is essentially the geographic center of the city now, if I'm not mistaken. ;)

You're killing me...

What's the center of population though? I know it was in the heights in the late 90's... Anyone have links to any sites?

KevinFromTexas
Nov 2, 2007, 10:20 PM
Where exactly is that thing? Intersection/address?

Wattleigh
Nov 2, 2007, 10:32 PM
Where exactly is that thing? Intersection/address?

The address that's posted on the construction site is 929 Gessner, which is directly west across the road from Memorial City Mall.

Wattleigh
Nov 2, 2007, 10:40 PM
You're killing me...

What's the center of population though? I know it was in the heights in the late 90's... Anyone have links to any sites?

Maybe I had my points mixed up, but it's either the geographic center or the population center that is in that part of the city now. I also recall something from the HGAC at one point that said the center was moving eastward in the not too distant past...

All in all, don't ask me. I'm not certain in hindsight! sorry for the confusion!

Let's just all have a drink and collect ourselves a bit. lol :cheers:

KevinFromTexas
Nov 2, 2007, 10:54 PM
The address that's posted on the construction site is 929 Gessner, which is directly west across the road from Memorial City Mall.

Oh wow, that really is way out there!

Xeelee
Nov 4, 2007, 2:28 AM
Was at the galleria today. Saw Turnberry tower model. Uploading now...

Xeelee
Nov 4, 2007, 2:29 AM
Maybe I had my points mixed up, but it's either the geographic center or the population center that is in that part of the city now. I also recall something from the HGAC at one point that said the center was moving eastward in the not too distant past...

All in all, don't ask me. I'm not certain in hindsight! sorry for the confusion!

Let's just all have a drink and collect ourselves a bit. lol :cheers:

The one that was moving is the population center. Chances are the geo center is near the memorial mall area.

Xeelee
Nov 4, 2007, 2:35 AM
Here we go:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/xeelee6000/tb2.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/xeelee6000/tb1.jpg

Cory
Nov 5, 2007, 1:23 AM
Here we go:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/xeelee6000/tb2.jpg

It actually looks good from the side.

toxteth o'grady
Nov 5, 2007, 2:48 AM
Interesting...

All the more interesting because Galveston is having trouble marketing the condos proposed for the Isle. Has any of that affected Clear Lake yet? Apparently not...:tup:

toxteth o'grady
Nov 5, 2007, 2:49 AM
that's the new memorial-herman professional/ administrative building in the memorial city area.

34 stories with a crown on top. Joe King Carrasco must have been the architect.:jester:

toxteth o'grady
Nov 5, 2007, 2:51 AM

And Anadarko Tower in the Woodlands isn't?:shrug:

toxteth o'grady
Nov 5, 2007, 2:55 AM
Was at the galleria today. Saw Turnberry tower model. Uploading now...

That tower is going to be quite massive, from the looks of the model. That penthouse on the top is going to make it look a little like a cathedral radio.

Turnberry's also building in Northern Virginia, right in the middle of Roslyn, but the tower won't be quite as tall. it will still be another building for the jets coming into National to dodge...

Xeelee
Nov 5, 2007, 3:53 PM
And Anadarko Tower in the Woodlands isn't?:shrug:

It sure is... A friend of mine works out there. She loves it... but then again she's in Spring, TX. Ah well...

RocTX
Nov 5, 2007, 4:13 PM
That's Memorial Hermann's tower around Memorial City. It's just a few months from having all of the regular floors completed, and I'm interested how they'll integrate the crown into what has been built thus far.

I drove by there going east on I-10 this morning. Do they now have another craine on the empty lot fronting Gessner across from the mall? I thought I saw one in my rearview mirror as I passed by. If so, does anyone know what's going up on that site?

Wattleigh
Nov 5, 2007, 4:16 PM
I drove by there going east on I-10 this morning. Do they now have another craine on the empty lot fronting Gessner across from the mall? I thought I saw one in my rearview mirror as I passed by. If so, does anyone know what's going up on that site?

I was just about to mention that... Westin is building a luxury hotel & residences right next to the project. 250 rooms & 65 residences although nobody's ever said how tall the thing is going to be.

c4smok
Nov 6, 2007, 12:53 AM
http://houstonx.com/titanz.png

Titan at post oak

http://www.randalldavis.com/titan/

Saddle Man
Nov 6, 2007, 2:36 AM
WOW! on the Titan. It sure will, uh, stand out. Especially on what appears to be a large parking structure.

pm91
Nov 6, 2007, 3:58 AM
wow the titan is a beautiful design, i absolutley love it. where is it going to be again?

Xeelee
Nov 6, 2007, 3:01 PM
The Titan would look perfect in midtown.

Xeelee
Nov 6, 2007, 3:37 PM
I signed up for the mailing list.

vjhe
Nov 6, 2007, 6:05 PM
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' bout!:)

I'm sure very few would be surprised that I like the design for Titan. It's time for some current day spice for Houston's skylines. Though I think I would have rather seen this design for the Park 8 towers in New Chinatown on the west side, or even somewhere in Midtown possibly, I hope it will fit in well wherever it goes.

c4smok
Nov 6, 2007, 7:02 PM
This is not too far from the Cosmopolitan right?

Design is pretty close even..

Wattleigh
Nov 6, 2007, 7:11 PM
This is not too far from the Cosmopolitan right?

Design is pretty close even..

I don't think it's even 1/10th of a mile away. Pretty much around the corner and up Post Oak a bit.

RocTX
Nov 6, 2007, 7:38 PM
I don't think it's even 1/10th of a mile away. Pretty much around the corner and up Post Oak a bit.

I'm working in the Park Towers and I'm looking at the site from across 610 right now. It's pretty much right across the street, assuming that it's going where the McDonald's currently stands. It may be up Post Oak a little (it's difficult to tell from this angle) but only maybe 50 yards or so.

Wattleigh
Nov 6, 2007, 10:08 PM
That small area is filled with proposals and it could be full o' cranes soon. I put together this small snapshot of sorts. http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/PostOakGarrettson.jpg

RocTX
Nov 6, 2007, 10:32 PM
That small area is filled with proposals and it could be full o' cranes soon. I put together this small snapshot of sorts. http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/HouConstruction/PostOakGarrettson.jpg

Thanks!

...and craines are already up behind the McDonalds (extreme upper left of your picture) for some type of mid-rise residential complex that looks to be almost completed at this point...

BTW...the Willie G's is going out?!! That would suck. No more crab legs at lunch!

Wattleigh
Nov 6, 2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks!

...and craines are already up behind the McDonalds (extreme upper left of your picture) for some type of mid-rise residential complex that looks to be almost completed at this point...

BTW...the Willie G's is going out?!! That would suck. No more crab legs at lunch!

I think I read somewhere that they're moving the Willie G's to the feeder along the loop, near the Bentley dealership. Landry's owns the land and I believe it was mentioned the place would be slightly different and larger.

Great_Hizzy
Nov 6, 2007, 11:24 PM
That end of Post Oak is really developing a bit of skyscraper density relative to 15 years ago.

Wattleigh
Nov 7, 2007, 12:24 AM
Quite true, and with the two proposed condo projects (Faulkner USA & Boymelgreen) it could get even more interesting to watch over the upcoming years.

On another relatively nearby topic, They've recently posted a few more realistic renderings on High Street Houston's developer's website (http://www.trademarkproperty.com/content2.asp?propertyid=19&pageid=47) with the proposed Highland Tower visible in the background.
http://www.trademarkproperty.com/images/HighStreetCover-10.07.jpg

If you're not familiar with the location, it would be along Westheimer and just east of 610. It would also be adjacent to the River Oaks District project as well.

There are a few more in the gallery (http://www.trademarkproperty.com/gallery.asp?pageid=9) section as well.

Cory
Nov 7, 2007, 12:28 AM
Wattleigh, you are a god sent to this thread. High Stret looks like a quality development.