PDA

View Full Version : Skyscrapercity.com II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Swede
Jun 18, 2006, 10:17 PM
The old thread (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=36926) got a bit over-long (641 posts) so here's a new one.

Pray continue, ladies and gentlemen.

mic of orion
Jun 18, 2006, 11:57 PM
as long we don't get troll infestation here, otherwise to all trolls,

http://www.network54.com/Realm/SmilesWAFF/smilies1119.gif

Dardani
Jun 19, 2006, 12:35 AM
so what are we supposed to talk about? lol

Exarchus
Jun 20, 2006, 9:14 AM
Someone said ssc is dead when I have load of threads to read in the dlm now.......

mic of orion
Jun 20, 2006, 11:42 AM
Someone said ssc is dead when I have load of threads to read in the dlm now.......

matt, nobody is telling you SSC is dead, but could be considered as dead bc of all nationalism and bs going there, the fact I need to talk to Admins to get ppl like KM banned is taking a Mickey, before I had to talk to you and Shiro, and bob's your uncle KM is out, now that he is protected by Sigi and his honchos, it is taking a piss.

And do I need to tell you what I think of Sigi, if my previous post weren't direct enough, you fully well know what I think of some mods and forumers in SSC, If I had it all of them would be goner, no question about it. If they come back I'd kick there arses again and again, no more s**t.

And the fact I need to tell ppl what is acceptable on forums, it is not my f***g job it is yours Matt I should not even bother with such bs, I am there for pleasure not headache, OK I know you are not to blame I can't ask you to inspect every thread and every post therefore it is not fair from me, but still you know the usual suspects, you know what to do. :tup:

Exarchus
Jun 20, 2006, 1:21 PM
I suppose if I asked for the banning power I would get them. But really I don't want them, some people would then make a lot of allegations and it would make the moderation more complicated. The downside is banning people like KM is much harder now, and the same people are also complaining at this lol. Somehow it's very ironic.

Grumpy
Jun 20, 2006, 1:38 PM
no comment

PhilippeMtl
Jun 20, 2006, 3:17 PM
Skyscrapercity is invaded by torontians idiots.

CHapp
Jun 20, 2006, 3:26 PM
:previous: the invasion originates not only in Toronto, Philippe -- far from it! :haha:

The fallacy of this argument has already been pointed out. And guess what: seems it's your tank thread that occasionally causes google to show ads for war memorabilia.

M II A II R II K
Jun 20, 2006, 3:59 PM
That depends on whether or not SSC wants to be a chat site as much as an on topic site. But then you would have loads of people posting how are not even interested in skyscrapers.

Warcry
Jun 20, 2006, 4:14 PM
ssc has got brilliant forums :) but some of the people on them :yuck:

Exarchus
Jun 20, 2006, 4:52 PM
If you dislike the skysbar thread on tanks, Whosehomepage, don't click on it and even less people ask you to click the add.

Better such thread than a SSC bashing one, if there is a forum that has a problem, it's this one here.

Mercutio
Jun 20, 2006, 11:29 PM
Someone said ssc is dead when I have load of threads to read in the dlm now.......It's not SSC that's dead. It's Euroscrapers that's dead - including (especially?) the DLM.

Dardani
Jun 21, 2006, 2:16 AM
you guys should check out EE section. past the nationalism and trolls there's some nice threads there :D

SrbijaCG
Jun 21, 2006, 11:29 AM
LOL...banning me? Good luck, what else can I tell you:D

Citrus-Fruit
Jun 21, 2006, 11:38 AM
Is SSC working for everyone else? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

mic of orion
Jun 21, 2006, 11:53 AM

you try your BS here and you'll get a ban in no time, here you don't enjoy Sigi's protection.

Swede
Jun 21, 2006, 12:05 PM
Guys. Calm it down or this thread is gone and you won't get a new one to b!tch in.

Dardani
Jun 21, 2006, 3:02 PM

is this KM? hi KM :jester:

Exarchus
Jun 22, 2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah he is KM. Islom is banned on SSC.

Dardani
Jun 22, 2006, 12:44 PM
lol what else is new :P

mic of orion
Jun 22, 2006, 5:22 PM

Gloria in Exchelsis lol... :tup: :haha: :banana:

Mercutio
Jun 22, 2006, 9:24 PM
I suppose if I asked for the banning power I would get them. But really I don't want them, some people would then make a lot of allegations and it would make the moderation more complicated. The downside is banning people like KM is much harder now, and the same people are also complaining at this lol. Somehow it's very ironic.You don't need banning powers. You just go and beg Gothicform and he bans whoever you request.

Exarchus
Jun 23, 2006, 6:26 PM
One can see you're not a moderator.

Mercutio
Jun 23, 2006, 6:59 PM
^ Can one? How clever of you.... ;) :laugh:

SrbijaCG
Jun 23, 2006, 10:58 PM

I am? Nobody bothered to inform me:D

The Dear Leader
Jun 23, 2006, 11:00 PM
Damn, you're such a badass KM.

Grumpy
Jun 26, 2006, 1:50 PM
SSC is totally unaccesable for me all of a sudden.
They do have a strange server over there,howcome it happens so frequently ??

Slugbelch
Jul 12, 2006, 4:39 PM
Looks like someone corrupted the ssc/UAE section big time. Hope it doesn't come over here.

Grumpy
Jul 12, 2006, 8:01 PM
no SSC for me.
since a few evenigs (gmt+1) the connection is horrible

wjfox2004
Jul 13, 2006, 7:05 AM
It takes about 40 seconds to load 1 page.

wjfox2004
Jul 13, 2006, 12:28 PM
Total lag. Can't mod properly or do anything, the site is so slow it's impossible to use.

wjfox2004
Jul 16, 2006, 7:01 PM
Useless...

Grumpy
Jul 17, 2006, 6:11 PM
SSC accesability : is getting on my nerves :hell:

Super Slow Connection...

Exarchus
Jul 18, 2006, 3:12 PM
I have no problems, it's curious I hear a lot of people saying they have troubles but for me it works well.

malec
Jul 18, 2006, 5:21 PM
It wasn't laggy at all for me yesterday, but before that it a bit crappy.

JManc
Jul 23, 2006, 2:18 AM
dead...

DrJoe
Jul 23, 2006, 4:06 AM
dead...

yep

Sinjin
Jul 23, 2006, 4:53 AM
What happened to SSC? I can't access it now. :(

wjfox2004
Jul 23, 2006, 7:44 AM
Load of fucking shit.

Sinjin
Jul 23, 2006, 7:58 AM
Hmm, it looks like not only SSC is having a problem... Earlier, I wasn't able to log into my Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo Mail and Google Mail but now, it's fine... Couldn't it be an internet virus? lol

JManc
Jul 23, 2006, 8:49 AM
by the tone of wjfox's post, i bet he is the poor bloke in sinjin's avatar. :frog:

wjfox2004
Jul 23, 2006, 9:07 AM
Sorry for my language back there, but these server problems happen so often it just pisses me off so much. :breakcomp:

Sinjin
Jul 23, 2006, 9:13 AM
^^ Lol, it pisses me off too since only SSC and the internet are my outlets since I have nothing to do all day. :D

Okupat
Jul 23, 2006, 9:28 AM
It's back on.

Sinjin
Jul 23, 2006, 9:34 AM
^^ Yes, it's back on but when you try to post, you get this Database Error message... :haha: So what does this infer? Was it hacked or whatever?

Okupat
Jul 23, 2006, 9:41 AM
I dunno. Jan is online right now creating a test post or so it seems.

Sinjin
Jul 23, 2006, 9:46 AM
Alright, forums are closed for maintenance... :(

Siberian
Jul 23, 2006, 11:15 AM
SSC is still inaccessible...

Sinjin
Jul 23, 2006, 12:11 PM
^^ Nah, it's fine already, just quite slow. :)

Grumpy
Jul 24, 2006, 8:20 AM
Forums are closed for maintanance

Again ..... :koko:

Sinjin
Jul 24, 2006, 9:45 AM
:sleep: Under maintenance again... :D

coth
Jul 24, 2006, 9:50 AM
just be patience. administration isn't a work that could be done within a second.

Sinjin
Jul 24, 2006, 10:07 AM
just be patience. administration isn't a work that could be done within a second.

Yeah, that is why we have other websites to surf. :D But SSC is somehow my life lol, I have nothing else to do than to face my computer since I have physical limitations that is why sometimes I go hysterical when SSC is somehow dead ;)

wjfox2004
Jul 24, 2006, 10:35 AM
Hhhhhhnnnnnnnggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :hyper: :mad: :pissed:

wjfox2004
Jul 24, 2006, 11:06 AM
I've got a feeling this might take a long time. Recently Jan mentioned he was getting a new server set up...

Sinjin
Jul 24, 2006, 11:11 AM
^^ Oh I thought the server was already set up last night as someone said...:uhh: Well at least something is being done to improve the performance. :yes:

Slugbelch
Jul 27, 2006, 10:56 PM
A brief history lesson on ssc: (http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=9342074&postcount=9)

Alright, here's the story one more time. It all started in May 2000 with a Holland Hoogbouw Forums on the EZboard. That happened because we had a couple of Dutch guys on the Skyscraperpage forums and it felt a bit odd to be talking English to each other in topics that no one else was interested in it. Two months later a general Euroscrapers forum was started as well on EZ board. In September 2001 a new Dutch forum was started using Ikonboard, followed by an upgrade of the Euroscrapers forums as well. After a request from a ssp Aussie member an Australian board was founded and after one too many classic feuds between the English and the Germans these two had a Ikonboard of their own as well. In the meantime, a World Skyscrapers one was created as well to cover everything else in one go. These boards were all hosted on small shared hosting packages and were all going way over bandwidth after a while. Early September 2002 I got a note from that host to remove all forums within one week. Just before that I had already toyed with the idea to merge them all into one board, but that idea became reality on sept 11, 2002 as skyscrapercity.com.

From OzScrapers thread: (http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=283489)
Seeing as how Jan seems to have the status of a God for some of you guys, I thought I'd post this pseudo-biblical account by Tony P to perpetuate the belief that Jan really is The Messiah :D It's based around the history of OzScrapers:
In the beginning there was Nalyd. And on the First Day, he created Nalyd's Skyscraper Page.

On the Second Day, He created Finn and Brizzy Chris. Later that day 'Tony P' joined up, as did a few others like KayOz, Spazpecker the Dunce (that was his name, not general commentary :)), Anton, and others around from around Australia.

On the Third Day, Nalyd decided to reverse the letters of his name and rename his creation 'Dylans SkyscraperPage'.

On the 4th day there was a flood. Not a literal flood, with water n' shit, but a flood of people. They came from all locations, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Denver (there was nothing else to do in Denver, I suppose). And other places of course. This flood washed up some of the forums most known forumers, like Culwulla. This flood also caused many problems with Dylan's creation. His creation would cease to exist for, at first, hours on end, then days, then weeks. And the people weren't happy.

This continued until the Dawn of the 5th Day, when from Mount Wheredafuckdidhecomefrom, came the Messiah, the messiah we call Jan. The Messiah we call Jan (as in "'Jan'itor") when it really sounds like 'Hahn', like the beer, but with with a "J" at the front that sounds like a "Y". "Yahn". Jan, still on the 5th day, created Ozcrapers, a regional forum in a much larger forum called Hoogbouw.nl, or howeverdafuckyouspellit. KayOz would not convert his beliefs in line with the New Testament and remained true and honourable disciple of Dylans. KayOz cut a solitarly figure in the old world and had hundreds of fascinating conversations with himself (well, they were!), whilst every single other person in Australia flocked to OzScrapers on the old Hoogbouw.nl site or howeverdafuckyouspellit.

On the 6th Day Jan (remember; "Yahn"), changed from the Hoogbouw.nl or howeverdafuckyouspellit domain, to the Skyscrapercity domain, and it filled to the brim with ever more people than before.

Early in the 7th day, The Messiah (Jan...."Yahn") said Eureka was taller than Q1 and that was that and took the rest of the day off.

The end.

Grumpy
Jul 28, 2006, 7:24 AM
Forums are closed for maintanance

They must be kidding over at SSC :shuffle:

wjfox2004
Jul 28, 2006, 9:49 PM
Is anyone else having trouble connecting right now??

victor
Jul 28, 2006, 9:55 PM
^^yes, me

LT4f
Jul 28, 2006, 10:10 PM
Myspace is on, so it isn't a blackout in LA
I don't remember hearing about changes in the server
And the server speed seemed good

The best I could come up with, is that they're fixing the database, after the search was messed up during the LA blackout

wjfox2004
Aug 3, 2006, 4:44 PM
Grrrr...

Dardani
Aug 4, 2006, 2:22 PM
i dont seem to have these problems, why do you guys get this?

clarky2005
Aug 23, 2006, 2:03 PM
That site is so slow its been imposible to make a post for the last few days now:pissed:

Rambaldi
Aug 24, 2006, 3:41 PM
The server is down :(

wjfox2004
Aug 24, 2006, 5:13 PM
That site is so slow its been imposible to make a post for the last few days now:pissed:
You're brigged anyway so what difference does it make?

Unless you've registered another account...? :sly:

Rambaldi
Aug 24, 2006, 5:29 PM
Why did clarky get brigged?

clarky2005
Aug 24, 2006, 6:10 PM
You're brigged anyway so what difference does it make?

Unless you've registered another account...? :sly:
I got drunk on Sunday Rambaldi and made abusive posts which i regret.
wjfox2004 how long am i going to be brigged for?

wjfox2004
Aug 24, 2006, 6:10 PM
Why did clarky get brigged?
For making horrible racist comments, and harrassing people by PM.

Quite surprising really, as he's normally a very nice chap...

wjfox2004
Aug 24, 2006, 6:12 PM
I got drunk on Sunday Rambaldi and made abusive posts which i regret.
wjfox2004 how long am i going to be brigged for?
About a week I think, I'm not sure. It wasn't me who brigged you.

You've got to be more careful in future - seriously mate, you should avoid posting while you're drunk...

LT4f
Aug 24, 2006, 8:15 PM
so nobody knows why it's down?

Slugbelch
Aug 24, 2006, 8:26 PM
^ Jan said a couple weeks ago that a server upgrade was coming.

Chicago Skyline
Aug 24, 2006, 8:29 PM
^ Jan said a couple weeks ago that a server upgrade was coming.
So you think that today could be it?:shrug:

SinCity
Aug 24, 2006, 9:57 PM
A brief history lesson on ssc: (http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=9342074&postcount=9)

From OzScrapers thread: (http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=283489)

Nice that I dont get a mention. Mind you I was on Ozscrapers before all of them showed up. It was me, Chrisaus and a few others. :whip:

We were all basically refugees from this place when it turned into one major North American crapfest. Thank God this place is better now than from its early days. :D

Slugbelch
Aug 24, 2006, 10:09 PM
So you think that today could be it?:shrug:I think so. Plus add a couple more days of on and off service.

Mikael
Aug 24, 2006, 11:05 PM
ssc website does not work, what's going on?

Grumpy
Aug 24, 2006, 11:31 PM
no comment

Sinjin
Aug 24, 2006, 11:36 PM
I thought it was just me who couldn't access it. In my case, I'm using Firefox and it just says, "Problem loading page: Server not found"

But a friend told me in YM that as he tries to access SSC, he gets redirected to a search engine as if SSC did not exist, someone else experiencing the same thing?

tergeste
Aug 25, 2006, 1:09 AM
Yep, I can't access it either.

Dardani
Aug 25, 2006, 1:12 AM
I thought it was just me who couldn't access it. In my case, I'm using Firefox and it just says, "Problem loading page: Server not found"

But a friend told me in YM that as he tries to access SSC, he gets redirected to a search engine as if SSC did not exist, someone else experiencing the same thing?

yup happened to me. goes to google

Rambaldi
Aug 25, 2006, 3:05 AM
Blacksun who hosts SSC is down

SinCity
Aug 25, 2006, 3:38 AM
For me IE hangs when I try and access SSC. It basically causes it to crash. It only happens when I try and access SSC. Give it a day or so and they'll have the problem sorted out. No big drama, just means we make more use of this site and anything else out there in internet land. ;)

Sinjin
Aug 25, 2006, 4:08 AM
No big drama, just means we make more use of this site and anything else out there in internet land. ;)

Absolutely. :yes: Now, it has given me the chance to breathe some fresh air outside the house. :)

LT4f
Aug 25, 2006, 4:38 AM
Blacksun who hosts SSC is down
but then Myspace should also be down, yet I just checked and unfortunately it's still full of 13 year old boys and 40 year old dudes :D
Oh well, as sincity said, it makes us do something else than stay on ssc and read about new towers being built worldwide

Chicago Skyline
Aug 25, 2006, 7:52 AM
Absolutely. :yes: Now, it has given me the chance to breathe some fresh air outside the house. :)

So am I, give me more time to relax:haha: :jester: :yes: :cheers:

Sinjin
Aug 25, 2006, 9:15 AM
I'm done resting and now I miss Skyscrapercity, haha. :haha:

Chicago Skyline
Aug 25, 2006, 9:18 AM
I'm done resting and now I miss Skyscrapercity, haha. :haha:

and I missed your singapore pano photo thread!:haha: :tup: :cheers: :slob:

SimonTheSoundMan
Aug 25, 2006, 9:29 AM
but then Myspace should also be down, yet I just checked and unfortunately it's still full of 13 year old boys and 40 year old dudes :D
Oh well, as sincity said, it makes us do something else than stay on ssc and read about new towers being built worldwide
MySpace has several data centres over the world. MySpace has been having problems also.

Sinjin
Aug 25, 2006, 9:37 AM
and I missed your singapore pano photo thread!:haha: :tup: :cheers: :slob:

Huh? I don't have such thread. And I'm not from Singapore, I'm from the Philippines. :D

Chicago Skyline
Aug 25, 2006, 9:40 AM
Huh? I don't have such thread. And I'm not from Singapore, I'm from the Philippines. :D

Oh, never mind, You have the same name as the other guy that I know in SSC...lol!:P

Sinjin
Aug 25, 2006, 10:01 AM
Huh? I thought I was the only Sinjin in this world, lol. I must be wrong. Anyway, we're offtopic :haha:

éemreé
Aug 25, 2006, 11:22 AM
I'm pissed of this problem

effer
Aug 25, 2006, 11:26 AM
I can't access the site! :hell:

Rambaldi
Aug 25, 2006, 12:50 PM
SSC:

http://66.249.139.178/

Slugbelch
Aug 25, 2006, 1:20 PM
Aug. 10 from ssc:

New server on the way
Given the speed issues during European evenings I ordered an extra database server which should allow for drastic improvements for it's gonna be quite beefy. (2 x amd275, 4 x 1G ddr400 ecc reg, 4 x 15k Seagate 73G 68pin, Supermicro h8da8, 4u rackmount case) which is going to add to a total of five servers for this site. It won't be installed today or tomorrow, but it's on it's way now. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.

wjfox2004
Aug 25, 2006, 3:22 PM
I managed to post in the UK Skybar just now. The format and settings are all messed up though.

The Dear Leader
Aug 25, 2006, 3:26 PM
Interesting. I get a "ssc.com couldn't be found" message.

Stephan23
Aug 25, 2006, 3:35 PM
So my first post :) -----Here!

Silly day for the server update, if Imre has updates from dubai today!!! Booooooooooo!!

Stephan23
Aug 25, 2006, 3:38 PM
Ähhhhm

Any info about the period?? Hope not to long!!!