PDA

View Full Version : Spokane/ CDA development discussions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Smentek
Oct 11, 2007, 4:16 AM
Hey, on Friday I am going to be going around the city taking pictures of the many buildings up for renovation and the lots where some of these proposals are going to be. I do have to ask, however, do any of you know the block where the 15-story north bank office building is proposed? and if you know the location of the Gateway Office Building proposal that would be appreciated. For Gateway I just need street corners but I know the location by trial and error.
Thanks.

revrw
Oct 11, 2007, 5:51 AM
^ Gateway proposal is the Northwest corner of Riverside and Division. Not sure about Northbank office tower. Check Journal of Business website for address.

chepe
Oct 11, 2007, 5:29 PM
The 15 story north bank/courthouse tower is proposed for the corner of Mallon and Adams.

Dazzeetrader
Oct 21, 2007, 6:01 PM
It's Sunday and the site is back up. Seems like all of the websites from this server died for a few days. Any news on any new buildings or projects?

James Bond Agent 007
Oct 25, 2007, 1:36 AM
OK I'm going to Spokane on Friday (job interview) and will probably stay overnight and explore a bit on Saturday before returning to the West Side. Haven't been there for 3-4 years. What should I see (besides maybe the convention center)?

Hub for an Empire
Oct 25, 2007, 2:10 AM
^^^^^ Fountain at Riverfront Park (w/o water). Lobby of the Davenport Tower. Kendall Yards. Riverpoint Campus. American West Building.

James Bond Agent 007
Oct 25, 2007, 3:30 AM
^
Yeah, Kendall Yards, gotta check that out. Have they started much construction yet?

When I lived in Spokane from 98-00 I used to *always* walk through that area trying to imagine that they'd someday build something cool there. Would be neat to see it finally happen.

I'm not sure I actually want this job I'm interviewing for very badly, but I figure it's a good excuse to go to Spokane and check out my old haunts. :P

revrw
Oct 25, 2007, 5:06 AM
OK I'm going to Spokane on Friday (job interview) and will probably stay overnight and explore a bit on Saturday before returning to the West Side. Haven't been there for 3-4 years. What should I see (besides maybe the convention center)?

My recommendation would be just to walk around downtown a bit in general. There is obviously still a long ways to go as far as redevelopment/ new construction, but Spokane has come along way. Hopefully the weather will be decent for you.

There are no structures yet at Kendall Yards, just site prep.

The Old Sarnac is cool because of the LED Platinum certification. They do offer tours I think.

I like some of the things that have taken place in Brownes Addition. That is a great place to tour.

I would recommend the Fox Theater, but they are still working on the interior. It will still be another 3 weeks before the grand opening. That is a gem!!!

Downtown Spokane is definately a better place after dark on Fridays and Saturdays!

James Bond Agent 007
Oct 25, 2007, 5:48 AM
^
Thanks! Yeah I'll try to check out the Fox theater, too.

My big shock when I went there last time was that new Spokesman-Review building across the street from the Masonic Temple (next to that white house thing). When I lived there that was just a parking lot. But when I went there a few years ago it was like - whoa!

Chevelle
Oct 25, 2007, 1:18 PM
But what ever you do stay away from the Davenport Tower :)

chepe
Oct 25, 2007, 5:14 PM
To chip in on the other suggestions, it would probably be worthwhile to walk the street that have really turned around (or are in the process of turning around) in the last few years. 1st Ave. west of Monroe (inludes Fox), Main east of Browne (includes Sarnac) and Post from 1st to River Park Square (includes W. 809 Condos/mixed use). There is a Kendall Yards information center/sales office on Post just south of River Park Square but I don't know if it is open yet. For something more depressing you can visit the surface parking lot where the Rookery block buildings used to be.

James Bond Agent 007
Oct 25, 2007, 8:31 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah, seeing the Rookery block will be depressing. :(

It's supposed to be sunny the whole time I'm there. Maybe I'll bring my camera and take some pics.

Oh yeah, one other thing: Last time I was there, the other thing that shocked me was seeing the new shopping center being built in Cheney. :D When I was living there (I was going to school at EWU), that was just an open field. So when I was there a few years ago and saw them building the shopping center, I was like, WHOA! :D

James Bond Agent 007
Oct 28, 2007, 2:43 AM
Well I'm back. :)

I took a whole bunch of pics of downtown, Browne's Addition/Peaceful Valley, and also South Hill. I was hoping to get a bunch of pics of some north Spokane areas, but ran out of time. Maybe next time I'm there.

I hope to post them within the next week or so.

kennyramone
Nov 2, 2007, 9:48 PM
is the Vox project totally dead now. The conover bond site still is running and says coming soon still.

revrw
Nov 3, 2007, 12:54 AM
is the Vox project totally dead now. The conover bond site still is running and says coming soon still.

I won't go as far as to say that it is dead, but it seems to be on life-support!

Dazzeetrader
Nov 3, 2007, 6:12 AM
I haven't heard much about ANY project! Asleep for the Winter? DOne till Spring?

James Bond Agent 007
Nov 3, 2007, 6:49 AM
OK here's the first of 3 photo threads from my Spokane trip:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=140546

James Bond Agent 007
Nov 4, 2007, 6:27 AM
And last but not least, here's my South Hill photos:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=140607

Dazzeetrader
Dec 9, 2007, 8:10 AM
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/tools/story_pf.asp?ID=222471

Anything else planned for buildings in Spokane?

sg2
Dec 17, 2007, 10:36 PM
I was able to see a concert at the Fox last week. It is so incredibly beautiful inside. What a transformation. And to think, the Spokane club would have rather replaced it with a parking garage. For shame.

Any art deco fan on this site needs to check it out.

revrw
Dec 18, 2007, 7:36 AM
just heard on the news that the Riverstone project in CDA has announced that they will build 4 condo towers in addition to phase 2 and 3. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

jimthemanincda
Dec 18, 2007, 2:49 PM
just heard on the news that the Riverstone project in CDA has announced that they will build 4 condo towers in addition to phase 2 and 3. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

Those have been in the works for almost two years now. They are still a few years down the road. If you want more information about them, check out the Cd'A Thread

Dazzeetrader
Feb 6, 2008, 10:06 PM
It's been 6 weeks since anyone has posted. Is there a new board? I'd like to be kept abreast of new things in the Inland NW. Sally

chepe
Feb 6, 2008, 11:33 PM
Let me know if there is a new board. I generally stopped posting because I felt like I was usually having a conversation with myself.

Danny Dinges
Feb 20, 2008, 6:45 PM
I'm building a wiki based system on my website, www.goingvert.com (http://www.goingvert.com), to be a comprehensive list of projects in the Inland Northwest (Spokane, CDA, Post Falls, etc). It's going to be a completely custom system and I want it to be used to its fullest. If anyone here has any suggestions on what they would like to see let me know.

jimthemanincda
Feb 23, 2008, 4:19 PM
I'm building a wiki based system on my website, www.goingvert.com (http://www.goingvert.com), to be a comprehensive list of projects in the Inland Northwest (Spokane, CDA, Post Falls, etc). It's going to be a completely custom system and I want it to be used to its fullest. If anyone here has any suggestions on what they would like to see let me know.

I checked out your site. It looks good. Feel free to grab any of the information on the first page of the Coeur d'Alene Projects Thread in either the Northwest or Mountain West Forum. If you're going to use one of my photos, please let me know.

Dazzeetrader
Feb 25, 2008, 2:04 AM
Dan good job. It looks informative and fun. Keep it going. Promote it. Best wishes. Dazzee

Dazzeetrader
Mar 28, 2008, 6:40 AM
ANyone know where everyone went? It seem highly unlikely that everyone just gave up. SO let's hear from you. D

revrw
Mar 28, 2008, 6:46 PM
Dazz....I think everyone is still here, but there is just a lack of overall activity to report on. There are alot of small projects taking place, but nothing of real significance. Once the Kendall Yards project starts late this year or next year that will help, the McDowell project should be starting in the fall and I am still uncertain about the office complex he was planing and the corner of divison and riverside (would really like to see that one), and some news came out yesterday about WSU trying to find some bidders on the Jensyn-Byrd building and surrounding acres. There is some good stuff happening around the Fox Theater with the "New Madison" and "Railside".

What I would like to see is someone push a "city beautification" initiative, but will all the needed money for road repairs, I doubt it would happen. Maybe that would be a good grass roots initiative. What do you all think about that?

Dazzeetrader
Apr 1, 2008, 1:01 AM
revrw..........from what I can tell, the street impact fee is designed to improve streets and also generate funding to maintain the streets. I guess Mr West (RIP) did fine with raising money for repair but somehow the funding for maintenance was left out.
New fees always scare off developers but the Mayor thinks the fees are good and necessary. Citizens use those streets too and they should be paying their fair share. One think is pretty obvious though, unless the City streets are much improved, very few new companies would come. Infrastructure is always key for new companies to come and put down roots.

C'mon you guys...find some things to write about. Dazzee

urbanlife
Apr 1, 2008, 7:57 AM
more than repaving, the city really needs to spend a little money on annual repainting the streets. I seriously looked like a drunk man driving around there at time and I was completely sober. I would be driving along and all of a sudden the lines would disappear and then I would realize I am no longer in the lane that I thought I was in.

Oh and as a side note, Zola on Main and Division is the sh*t and worth checking out and supporting. I was in there saturday and was so impressed with that bar. It is designed completely out of recycled materials, it has a fun drink menu, and it is something I would of expected in Portland, not Spokane.

Seriously Spokane is really starting to get some good places to eat and drink downtown, everyone in Spokane should really be visiting these places regularly, not only to support these businesses but to socialize with other spokanites and really create a strong local culture the city can really be proud of and grow with.

oh and a side side note, I was gonna take pictures but forgot my memory for my camera and it was snowing like it was christmas, I was extremely annoyed with the weather, but the plus side with the winter weather was that my sinuses were enjoying it.

chepe
Apr 1, 2008, 5:24 PM
For Zola,

There is this article in the S-R including a video featuring the interior and interview with the designer. With Zola, Bistango and the Artisan Room / Studio 23 there are some cool things happening with the bar/club scene in Spokane. Each has its own feel and niche but each would not feel out of place in Seattle, Portland, etc. Don't get me wrong, a mix of places is important so I hope places like the Park-Inn stay the same but it is nice to see different and innovative places in Spokane.

http://www.spokane7.com/food/stories/?ID=8194

Reviews from the Inlander for the other two:

THE ARTISAN ROOM / STUDIO 23

515 W. Sprague * 747-6272

Your search for a new sexy rendezvous spot is officially over. The Artisan Room —dimly lit and conveniently located in the Ridpath — is filled with potential for your next tête-à-tête with destiny. (LS)
STYLE: Hotel chic QUAFF: Fruity cocktails and stiffer fare FOOD: Wide range, with the option of small and large plates UPSIDE: Check out the bed

HOURS: Open late most nights

BISTANGO

108 N. Post * 624-8464

When Bistango opened, the built-in waterfall, gently twinkling fiber optics in the ceiling and the exceptionally high production values made walking into the joint feel like the hippest thing a Spokie could do. Two years later, the effect is about the same. (LB)
STYLE: Glitterati QUAFF: Beer, wine, spirits FOOD: Small plates UPSIDE: Feels exclusive because of size (and prices) but staff is incredibly down-to-earth

HOURS: Mon-Sat 2 pm-2 am

http://www.inlander.com/topstory/291043618705763.php

chepe
Apr 2, 2008, 9:41 PM
Update of the remodel/rehab of the New Madison on west 1st. Nice to see this project moving forward. It is amazing how much this pocket of town is changing, particularly considering how down it was not that long ago. Photos from Spokesman-Review.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/dirt/media/newmad01.jpg

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/dirt/media/newmadrend.jpg

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/dirt/

urbanlife
Apr 5, 2008, 2:25 AM
Otis Hotel should be next after this building is finished.

ghost22
Apr 5, 2008, 5:46 PM
well here is a project i didnt even know was going on that i saw while pulling in to hooters, it is pretty big at 252,000 total square feet even though only 5 stories i cant think of anything else out in the valley that is taller. location is directly accross the street from hooters about 1/2 mile east of the spokane valley mall. It isnt a hope to build project most of the earthwork is done and scafolding is being delivered there currently (plus it is worthy that is overtaking the project.)

http://www.rvccspokane.com/

I put this here cause the valley doesnt fit any other of our development areas

Dazzeetrader
Apr 9, 2008, 4:49 PM
1.Rendering of Worthy's project looks nearly identical to the last Rockpoint building that faces East. Take up lots of ground. Flat and Cheap. I saw it last week. Design Review anyone? Looks like his Davenport Tower on it's side.

2. Remind one of a more glitzy version of those old Safeway/Warehouse type properties he converted in the late 80's/early 90's. With all the money he and his wife have these days, wouldn't ya think they might actually build something with character instead of just taking up space but making them lots of money? I'm not critical but it can't be that much more expensive to erect something classic and nicely appealing. Just boxes.

3.Spokane seems to like the old rehabs RenCorp is famous for...apart from exiting low income people from their apts. I wonder if anyone is figuring out that keeping these old building around will never generate new gorgeous buildings the city needs as it renews itself. As much anger and malfeasance Riverpark Square generated, it's a beauty.

chepe
Apr 10, 2008, 10:54 PM
I agree on Worthy's new building. I wish it wasn't of the fairly generic box variety. At the same time, it's not my money and I can't blame the guy for building profitable buildings. I do respect Worthy for almost always putting his money on the table and actually getting projects done. Granted, the Davenport Tower leaves quite a bit to be desired from the outside but unlike the myriad 'proposals' for high rises floated in the last 20 years he acutally built his tower.

As far as restoring/renovating old buildings I think it is a good thing on the whole. Granted, there are plenty of buildings not worth saving but just as new buildings create a sense of renewal, old buildings generally can't be replaced and create a sense of history and place. Downtown Spokane could really use some new, high quality buildings. At the same time, downtown is nice because it still has a good stock of older buildings that many cities either got rid of or don't have. For example, downtown Bellevue is on fire with new mid and high rises but despite all that activity I find Bellevue's downtown sterile and not terribly original. The fact that Bellevue's downtown is totally auto-centric doesn't help but something is missing, in my opinion, when you don't have a mix of old and new.

ghost22
Apr 11, 2008, 3:32 AM
I for one like it, we all have to remember if you live in the valley area or understand if you don't that in the valley there is nothing above 3 stories unless you consider the apartments on pines that are 5 stories on one side and 2 or 3 on the other due to the slope of the hill they are on. So even if it is generic it gets the job done. Another thing is in that area i dont really see it becoming a hot bed for new age or aesthetically unique buildings, if he did build it up and make it fancy people would walk in asking where the abercrombie and fitch was. :)

Dazzeetrader
Apr 11, 2008, 5:28 AM
Good one Ghost! Funny. I just love the Davenport....moreso than when I loved it in the 60s when I was little. Worthy did a very very good job. It's the new stuff. Ugh..just ugh.!.......no character. Just boxes. Something soon will be turning up.....and it's far from a "box" type building. I saw a quick picture of it the other day. The bankers like it too.

urbanlife
Apr 12, 2008, 2:16 AM
yeah, I wouldnt hold my breath for good architecture in the valley. Spokane is going to be the center of that for area and I see no city ever outdoing Spokane.

Well Coeur d'Alene might one day surpass Spokane in architecture, but that will probably be a while, plus CDA isnt really designed to be a big city.

ghost22
May 16, 2008, 3:19 AM
that project across from hooters built by walt worty is already on the 5th floor in one section and expanding out now i didn't have a camera but you can see it from the evergreen rd exit on the freeway. definately the most noticeable building in the valley so far in my opinion when its finished

Dazzeetrader
May 16, 2008, 5:53 PM
I'm in Houston today. I found this on the JOB. I hope this mini tower is pretty and functional. Lord knows the courthouse area could use some nice buildings WITH parking!!

Does anyone know where the new jail site will be or if it'll be close to this new building?

http://www.spokanejournal.com/spokane_id=article&sub=3588

revrw
May 20, 2008, 2:37 PM
I'm in Houston today. I found this on the JOB. I hope this mini tower is pretty and functional. Lord knows the courthouse area could use some nice buildings WITH parking!!

Does anyone know where the new jail site will be or if it'll be close to this new building?

http://www.spokanejournal.com/spokane_id=article&sub=3588

I believe that the new jail site will be one block north of the current jail.

metroman
May 22, 2008, 1:00 AM
hum
:( ....hard to get excited about this kind of addition to the Spokane skyline.

revrw
May 22, 2008, 3:16 AM
hum
:( ....hard to get excited about this kind of addition to the Spokane skyline.

Metro...we are talking about two buildings. One is an office tower west of the courthouse. It should be nice, but we don't know yet. Secondly, we were discussing the location of the jail house, which actually won't be that tall (I think 5-6 floors), but will add to the appearance of density in the area.

Dazzeetrader
May 22, 2008, 5:14 PM
My recollection is that the Courthouse tower was 12 or 13 floors with a translucent dome (lit up) on the top with a public viewing area. I also remember the building was a medium red brick type color with lots of glass. This was in March, 2007 during the NCAA tournament. Might have changed since then. It was very simple , staid design.

chepe
May 22, 2008, 5:36 PM
My recollection is that the Courthouse tower was 12 or 13 floors with a translucent dome (lit up) on the top with a public viewing area. I also remember the building was a medium red brick type color with lots of glass. This was in March, 2007 during the NCAA tournament. Might have changed since then. It was very simple , staid design.

Sounds interesting. Where did you see the rendering?

Dazzeetrader
May 23, 2008, 2:23 AM
I saw it over at the Am West Building. Speaking of which, the courthouse building looked like a much taller, bigger property similar in style to the Am West Bank building. Same classic style....Just bigger and taller. Maybe 2 or more times taller with a top viewing area. Fit in very well with the Courthouse top as I recall. Building (although shorter) would fit in well with the Ritenhouse Square region in Downtown Philadelphia.

grayproduct
May 23, 2008, 4:41 AM
Is that a new YMCA building going up on Monroe near the bridge? I am trying to remember what was there previously, probably a warehouse? If so, what is happening with the old facilities?

If anyone gets a chance to check out the falls soon, do it. It's running quite high.

metroman
May 24, 2008, 2:37 AM
Metro...we are talking about two buildings. One is an office tower west of the courthouse. It should be nice, but we don't know yet. Secondly, we were discussing the location of the jail house, which actually won't be that tall (I think 5-6 floors), but will add to the appearance of density in the area.

Thanks ...I'd mis-understood;)

sustainable
May 24, 2008, 8:35 PM
grayproduct - yes that is the new YMCA/YWCA joint building that is being constructed on Monroe. The Parks Board got the city to buy the YMCA building for 5 million rather than letting a private buyer build condos there which I personally think is a disappointment. From what I've read and heard they don't know what they're going to do with the YMCA yet and have even stated that they might end up reselling it after all. The YWCA building of course has been purchased by SRM and they have a condo building going up there.

SF Columbia
May 29, 2008, 6:30 PM
Not so fast on the Courthouse Tower. The City Council's decision has been appealed (to the Superior Court) by District Court Commissioner (an elected position I believe) Brad Chinn. Comm. Chinn lives in the area and filed his appeal last week.

Dazzeetrader
May 31, 2008, 5:03 PM
I wonder what he's appealing and why? City's grow if they're sllowed to and if they're manged prperly. If they don't grow, they died off. I've spent this past week driving between Santa Monica sand Beverly Hills.....up and down on Wilshire. Cranes up in the air..all allowed to produced new gorgeous building designed for housing or business. Spokane will not and has not created an atmosphere from growth. People try but growth isn't supported.

With this Chinn fella, I wonder how the Courts will handle this appeal when it's one of their own making a case before his friends. It's a thorny questions. Might have to bring an outside judge in or move the proceedings. Either way, it just more delay. Given this type of system, it's a wonder that anything gets done in Spokane. Walt Worthy's now gone to the valley for his new work. Cowles too with their Liberty Lake work.

Kendall Yards looked eerily quiet last weekend when I was there. SRM and the YW sites are quiet. Mobius site sitting....failed to make payments...so says the Spokesman. SO , now that things are stopped, what's next up in my fair old city? Anything? As an adjunct, I'm very surprised the courts would even allow the Courthouse Tower to be slowed up or killed off by a commissioner who is nothing but an appointed job. Which hat will he wear? Advocate? Judge? Commissioner? Citizen? Can't be all....not at the same time. Conflicts in each title. And where's the Mayor in all this?

Another year lost??? With nothing in the pipeline? Looks to be the case.

dawickham
Jun 2, 2008, 5:50 AM
Greetings,

I have never posted on this thread before but I just got done reading it from its inception. I have wanted to live in Spokane all of my life. I got the opportunity in 98 and havent regretted it a bit.
Spokane and its metro area sure have changed alot in the 10 years I have been here. Its great to live in a city that at least tries to grow although I would have liked to see some light rail and I will vote for it again.
I lived in Great Falls MT for a long time and thats what I dont want to see Spokane become. That town had its chances and has been stagnant since I left it. Then, I lived in Walla Walla. That town is awsome! But enough on that.

Does anyone know of a thread designated to the west plains area that you can link me to? I am curious as to the construction going on at the Northern Quest Casino. That new structure going up dont look that small.

Thank you all for these threads. I feel way more informed and proud to call the Spokane area home even though I live in the Valley ;-)

DW

metroman
Jun 2, 2008, 11:19 AM
Today I'd just spoke to a friend that works for Northern Quest Casino...He told me that the new construction and resort planned there will provide a large amount of jobs. I've seen a thread posted about the new development there, I'll try to locate it.

sustainable
Jun 2, 2008, 3:26 PM
I wonder what he's appealing and why? City's grow if they're sllowed to and if they're manged prperly. If they don't grow, they died off. I've spent this past week driving between Santa Monica sand Beverly Hills.....up and down on Wilshire. Cranes up in the air..all allowed to produced new gorgeous building designed for housing or business. Spokane will not and has not created an atmosphere from growth. People try but growth isn't supported.

With this Chinn fella, I wonder how the Courts will handle this appeal when it's one of their own making a case before his friends. It's a thorny questions. Might have to bring an outside judge in or move the proceedings. Either way, it just more delay. Given this type of system, it's a wonder that anything gets done in Spokane. Walt Worthy's now gone to the valley for his new work. Cowles too with their Liberty Lake work.

Kendall Yards looked eerily quiet last weekend when I was there. SRM and the YW sites are quiet. Mobius site sitting....failed to make payments...so says the Spokesman. SO , now that things are stopped, what's next up in my fair old city? Anything? As an adjunct, I'm very surprised the courts would even allow the Courthouse Tower to be slowed up or killed off by a commissioner who is nothing but an appointed job. Which hat will he wear? Advocate? Judge? Commissioner? Citizen? Can't be all....not at the same time. Conflicts in each title. And where's the Mayor in all this?

Another year lost??? With nothing in the pipeline? Looks to be the case.

Dazzee - where to start, where to start? Is it the comparison between Spokane and Beverly Hills or the "Spokane City Anti-development Farce"?

Enough of the negativity about Spokane and how regressive we are. Big woop that we aren't like Los Angeles. The reality is that while you see Beverly Hills and Santa Monica with cranes all over the place and Spokane with less of them that there are economic, cultural and geographic distinctions between these two metro areas that would take several wikipedia articles to allow us time to differentiate.

As far as the Courthouse Tower: The City Council overturned the HE's decision because the surrounding land use would allow for the Tower to be built, even if it had just been located across the street and they thought that it was frivolous to disallow the tower because it was on the wrong side of the street. That is our system actually working properly because the Hearing Examiner based his findings on facts and law which is based off of zoning. An appeal was made and the City Council overturned the decision based off of common sense. Both parties (HE and CC) did what they were built to do. Then a private citizen appealed it. Not the city, not the government, not the courts. Anybody could have done that. That is the judicial process - not a governmental problem.

The city of Spokane has been very good to Walt Worthy. The Valley has a shortage of Class A office space. He is building some to supply demand. Bottom line. SRM is announcing more and more projects in the City of Spokane and it's first major downtown project is not at all quiet - it is under construction as they have just announced another major project at the former Burgans Furniture Building. The YWCA site isn't being constructed on yet because, surprise surprise, the YWCA is still operating out of their building. Kendall Yards is exceptionally mismanaged with a project manager that doesn't know what he's doing and has held up the project - not the city. The city has bent over backwards including a $25 million TIFF giveaway and getting the preliminary plans vested with 2600 units in six months. Just so you know KY hasn't submitted any further preliminary plat documents with the city and so the ball is actually in their court.

Dazzeetrader
Jun 2, 2008, 5:11 PM
Kendall yards is another story. $100's of millions in holdups. Don't know why but do you REALLY think the Project Manager is THAT incompetent? Is that really the reason? Where's the BOSS then?

I don't know the place as well as you do. It just seems there's too much "PUSHBACK" in the Spokane system. How hard is it to build something there? If it's hard to build a building, how hard must it be to even get a fresh job sector there? I guess it just seems HARD with resistance at all these levels. I might be wrong but honestly, from an outsider's view it looks like resistance is just built in. Either that or the keystone cops are running the city...

Something seems wrong when a City , County, State, and citizens all want a project but it doesn't move along smoothly. What is said and what happens don't match up. It might be that the system at all levels is resistant to change even though the categories above all say they want development. Somebody smarter than me must figure this out or the city /region will just sit. CDA's figured it out. GEG is still watching...or so it seems.

I want to thank Sustainable. You put some thought into your post. Didn't Sabey and Brewster leave over the hold ups? I can't remember. More later..

Smentek
Jun 3, 2008, 12:39 AM
After reading the above two posts, I think there is a sort of middle ground between the two. If you think about the projects-O'-plenty that popped up around 3-4 years ago, it wasn't the city that prevented some of them, it was the developers themselves. The Vox Tower seemed to be supported by much of the city, yet it seemed that the developer believed the process would take much too long for the actual building to be feasible. Yes, that's something Spokane must work out future, but for the time, it seemed relatively reasonable considering new proposals had been scarce since 1999.

However, I think there is another side also. For example, you can see the whole Riverview on Riverside controversy and the impending controversy with the Gateway Building blocking Saranac's solar panels as part of the backwards thinking the city has fostered in regards to planning (I really think the City Council and the Hearing Examiner aren't on the same page). The developer in that case actually seems to have a desire to develop, as does the courthouse tower developer.

Kendall Yards is, I agree, a totally different issue. I consider it a Blackrock project without "Blackrock-like" execution

just my 2 cents, fwiw

metroman
Jun 3, 2008, 1:11 AM
I really love to see a drawing of the new courthouse tower.

chepe
Jun 3, 2008, 10:17 PM
I agree on the middle ground regarding difficulty of development in Spokane. If I recall correctly, Worthy had little if any difficulty building the tower addition to the Davenport and the same goes for the Am West Bank building. If you have a project that is adequately funded and it is in compliance with zoning laws there seems to be relatively few obstacles in Spokane. The development issues in Spokane seem to me to arise in the same areas as other cities.

The courthouse tower is in a location where the zoning does not allow for the type of building proposed. As sustainable said, the course of decisionmaking on the tower is going according to plan. As someone who is supportive of the development I am disappointed by the appeal. At the same time, I think it is important for the right of appeal to be available for such decisions. When your project is outside of the zoning code you have to expect it will take longer than usual to get permission, if you get it at all. Another example is the condo tower next to Peaceful Valley. When you have urban high/mid rise development next to lower density residential it is almost a given that there will be push back from some of those in the lower density area, not just in Spokane but anywhere. For example, there is strong opposition to Con-way's plans for property it owns in northwest Portland in part because it will bring mid/high rise development next to lower density residential housing.

In general, there is a portion of Spokane that is happy with the status quo and generally opposed to change and development. At the same time, I think the general attitude of the city has really changed to become more positive and willing to get behind well planned development. It seems to me that most people have seen the positive impact of many of the projects in the greater downtown area and are therefore more open to additional development.

FireFighter74
Jun 20, 2008, 2:00 AM
This is just something I came across on Metro(Spokane)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/2594400906_4fd3ec3719_o.gif

http://telidostation.com/index.html

urbanlife
Jun 20, 2008, 5:20 AM
a big shopping center with a hand full of one story buildings clustered together. I was always hoping for more from Liberty Lake. It seemed like a town that would latch on to new urbanism for their downtown.

Dazzeetrader
Jun 20, 2008, 7:53 AM
I think this is a joint venture between Jim Frank and the Cowles real estate arm. Did you seriously expect better? WHen lots of money is made available to a new city like Liberty Lake, things DO happen. Not for the better with a nice scultured addition to a wonderful place........nope this is one that should rival Wichita Falls Texas in the Last Picture Show within the next 20 years. It's about "hit and run" meets "quick and dirty". Nothing new in the 90's and 2000's mind you. Still, <sigh>...I so wanted better for the region. I suppose the tip off was when the original plans showed the project sat right on top of the aquifer. Next stop is light rail (paid for by the taxpayers) with the proposed virtuous outcomes of lessening traffic, saving gas and protecting the air. It's about the money....and not much else. Any of the developers in the Spokane region do some good anymore?.....go see the apts and houses...... you'll soon see what that project is about. Investment banking just ain't what it used to be....

Dazzeetrader
Jun 24, 2008, 4:46 AM
for the rant.

Let's get some nice structures up in the city. Nothing will work in any town/city unless some industry/manufacturing/etc is developed. SPokane needs more breadth in its base. More jobs that pay better. Unless this happens, GEG is kind of stuck. Not living in Spokane, I don't know who does this. EDC usually is the one......or the Chamber of Commerce. Anything on the horizon?

sustainable
Jun 26, 2008, 1:07 AM
Dazzee - i actually completely agree. Go talk with the marketing agents for Telido Station and they'll tell you that it's an innovative mixed use that will have both big box and small town center development in one area so that residents will have the best of both worlds. I would use a different term than mixed use for this: I call it a "strip mall." You might have heard of that type of development before, hahaha. Not TERRIBLY innovative in my opinion and all of the downtown retail is cloistered on one far end of the development and is a tiny section.

For all - in 9 months or so Hawkstone will be selling their actual mixed use project in Liberty Lake that has gotten almost no press and will be awesome and is on the south side of the freeway so that the light rail could actually get to it. It is similar to Orenco Station in Portland. (just so people know there are NO plans to bring the light rail north of the freeway if it's built and it will not serve Telido Station)

revrw
Jun 26, 2008, 1:51 AM
Yeah...this is unfortunate, but the bottom line is that we need to develop the infastructure to support the lifestyle that we really want to see. We need to build light-rail, steetcars, narrower streets, and allow more multi-use developments.

Unfortunately, the building codes, land-use codes, and infastructure, all support this sort of development. So, we can blame the builders, and some blame should be placed there, but in reality we should make a greater push for better infastructure.

There seems to be a lack of focus or drive to get things done in Spokane. Our attitude is way to passive. We need to be more aggressive about the things we want and expect!!! That is why nothing ever gets done!!!

Speaking from experience, I have e-mailed the inland empire rail association 3 or 4 times and have not gotten a response. I am someone who would like to be involved, see how I could help push forward inititives, ect., but nobody returns my e-mails. So much for expecting to see the lifestyle we deserve over here in Spokane. Sometimes I feel like Spokane has the mentality of a bunch of passive whiners! Do nothing when something can be done, but complain when somebody else doesn't do it!

Dazzeetrader
Jun 26, 2008, 3:35 AM
I'll always wonder why the base (jobs, manufacturing, companies, etc) isn't being developed . Seems like the region needs that a lot more than malls and tracts of housing. Anyone know if something encouraging expansion of the base is in the offing?

grayproduct
Jul 16, 2008, 5:04 AM
CDA 7/13
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0208.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0209.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0210.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0212.jpg

Random Spokane:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0149.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0156.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0167.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0168.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0170.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0175.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0226.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0227.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0229.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0240.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0241.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0259.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/lg2.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0098.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0092.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/telefonicaa/IMG_0094.jpg

Dazzeetrader
Jul 16, 2008, 5:18 AM
Hard to build towers these days considering the cost of concrete and steel.......notwithstanding the fact that few companies would fill one. It leaves a very sad option for the SPokane market. Build precast like Worthy does or use a stick frame product not good for high rises. I'd look for CDA to do better as more factoes and headquarters are moving to N Idaho because of the money structure there vs whatver Chris Gregoire calls this mess in WA St.

Gorgeous photos Gray. If CDA ever gets an airport worthy of 80 person passenger jets, forget GEG and Spokane. Challenging problems in E Wa in the future.

grayproduct
Jul 16, 2008, 8:12 AM
Some pictures of Kendall Yards intermixed there, if you can spot them.

http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pano2gn2.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/827/pano3pg2.jpg

Hub for an Empire
Jul 16, 2008, 1:48 PM
Thanks for the pictures!
CDA is a bit too east of where the factories will be located. If corporate headquarters were built, which they won't since corporate headquarters are located in larger citiies, they would be built at Post Falls next to I-90. CDA has NO room for outward growth. Airlines are getting rid of there Regional jets since they are not efficient.....(i.e. Horizon and now Express Jet). Also being at the extreme end of the Spokane/CDA Metro area, the highway system is poor. I don't think CDA is ready for 737's landing at their little landing field!

I really don't think things are that bleak in Spokane! The city is experiencing the same condition affecting every other city in the nation at this time.
Let's hope Kendall Yards and the U-District take off, since it might be awhile before anyone develops a tower in downtown Spokane!

Dazzeetrader
Jul 16, 2008, 5:49 PM
PF's is exactly where corp growth will go. Given that CDA and PF are only 10 miles apart, sometimes I lump them together. Land is still cheap in PF.........even moreso South of the St Line village. I visited the site over the weekend.

What works one year/6 months won't work later. That window is rapidly closing for bigger developments. Kendall Yards has been held off so long ( it seems like years!), it might not be practical now....sad to say. Likewise with a nice tower or 2 in Spokane. Lawsuits have caused multiple delays from what I can tell during my visits. When the projects drag on......costs of other building materials skyrocket.....in Spokane it's over 30% increase in the past 4 months.

Couple this to falling employment, economic uncertainty and......well.......you get the idea. The window was open for a few years.....not so much now it seems. Great part of the country....mismanaged horribly. BUT, it is what it is. Oh....parenthetically, when I was in town, I drove my Worthy's new Valley Building. It's the same as he built on the eastside at Rockpoint.....nearly identical. I talked to one of the concrete people (hosing down the dust).....he says Worthy's goal is to build more than one of those out there and get new tenants while bleeding off the Rockpoint/downtown renters. If that's true, its a major shift in dynamics for the city. Sort of dovetails into the new River Crossing (Cowles and Frank) further down the road in Liberty Lake.

One thing's sure, those guys set it up years in advance.....at least it seems so. Not good for the city if this is true. Makes some sense as to why Worthy is just building the first of other buildings out there on the other side of the Valley Mall.

You have any thoughts you thinkers out there???? I'm a bit confused.

Smentek
Jul 16, 2008, 6:23 PM
You know, I don't think it is really as bad as you put it Dazee. Concrete and steel prices may still be expensive, but construction still costs much less than in Seattle or Portland. I think one of the major issues with condo development is how willing people are to pay 300K+ for a condo that is smaller than their 2500+ sq. ft. house they could get in the Valley or the Northside. Remember, we still don't know the strength of the Spokane market...one new tower could be the start of a boom for all we know (or a bust, but let's not be pessimists).

There is still interest in development within the city. SRM is actuallly going through with its Phase 1 permitting process on the YWCA site. DeWood wants to build his tower. Who knows about the progress on McDowell and Wells, but they also still have interest.

It just is going to take one developer willing to risk to get something done. Rising gas prices might eventually force people to relocate close to the city or even in the city. It also may boost light rail and streetcar efforts. It also might draw corporate businesses to the CBD and the city rather than the west plains or Post Falls.

urbanlife
Jul 16, 2008, 6:36 PM
I think you are over thinking it Dazz. Spokane Valley is just screwing themselves with projects like these. They are letting developers tell them where they should build rather than controlling it. Places like Spokane Valley are a favorite for developers like Worthy. Minus the Davenport, he is mostly a office park developer. I have never really counted on him to be a huge urban impact for Spokane.

You are right about the window though, but that has more to do with the economy than anything, something that Spokane has weathered before. The plus side for Spokane is that the housing market didn't go as crazy as most cities did. Plus every time I am there, I find new things opening up downtown, it has been all small things, but given enough time, those small things will make a big impact.

The issue with Kendall Yards is the fact that it is a big development that is across the river, basically making a fresh start to a new urban area, that is always hard to start up. Just look at the University District for example. That will one day become a thriving district, but it has taken it a long time to get to where it is now.

Traditional construction in this country has definitely taken a hit, but you are going to see a greater push for new buildings to have more "green" features to them that would offset some of the higher construction costs.

Will Spokane get a new tallest? The answer to that one is yes. Spokane's tallest building now isn't that tall and given enough time for the city to continue to strengthen its downtown, it will eventually happen. Chances are it will be in the way of mix use, seeing that Spokane offers a nice urban setting with a much more affordable cost of living. Which will always be a selling point for older people and if the city picks up the right kinds of jobs, it might become more of a selling point for younger people too.

So yeah, I would say you are over thinking it because Spokane is still a very small city with alot of room to grow and that doesn't happen overnight if you don't have the leverage to make it happen. Let all these small things add up first.

Hub for an Empire
Jul 17, 2008, 1:14 AM
Don't forget about the West Plains growing! This will have an effect on the City of Spokane and hopefully balance, somewhat, the distribution of population around the City of Spokane.
I think the towers for the Casino "might" spark "some" interest in a new tower in downtown Spokane. It certainly will give the West Plains another image.

I'm also encouraged by the smaller projects around Spokane....YMCA and new retail and eating establishments. Regional Centers like South Perry and Garland are coming along. Fuel Prices will keep people closer to where they live.

I have never liked the Valley myself. I think when they incorporated, they should have named it "Haphazard" or "Sprawl" since there has never been any planning in the Valley's growth. Post Falls might have better planning, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Smentek
Jul 17, 2008, 10:51 PM
What did I say?

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/dirt/archive/?postID=6365#more

Whamo...I had a feeling good news would be coming this week.

SRM seems like a legit. company. I went on the Spokane Planning website earlier this week and sure enough the permitting process seems to be moving forward. Plus they are already working on a project downtown at the moment (Grant Building Renovation) which is looking quite nice even though it is far from finished. Oh and Riverstone keeps adding buildings, so it seems they have some faith in the market. Could this be the project to break the dry spell? It sure looks nice!

Also if you look on the Spokane Planning website it has the DeWood tower permit progress too.

Link: www.spokaneplanning.org (http://www.spokaneplanning.org)

Link to SRM's website: www.srmdevelopment.com (http://www.srmdevelopment.com)

grayproduct
Jul 17, 2008, 11:21 PM
That's a good location, I think. Very easy access to Riverfront Park among other places. Doesn't look half bad either.

Smentek
Jul 17, 2008, 11:27 PM
What I like about it is all the glass...:)

chepe
Jul 17, 2008, 11:49 PM
The SRM tower is pretty nice looking. They are absolutely a legit developer. Hopefully this one actually goes through:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/dirt/media/broadwaytower02.jpg

Image from spokesman-review.com

urbanlife
Jul 18, 2008, 2:45 AM
its a good looking tower for sure. Would be a nice move forward for architecture in Spokane.

Smentek
Jul 18, 2008, 3:58 AM
In other news, it looks like someone is has blocked the construction of the Best Western on Division and Third...the question is why they can get away with this since obviously the now-owners of that plot of land get zero value out of it now...

Dazzeetrader
Jul 18, 2008, 4:30 AM
I had a call today about a sign on the Kendall Yards Property offering it for SALE, Build to suit, or lease. It this true? Anyone know?

Smentek
Jul 18, 2008, 4:32 AM
It wouldn't surprise me. I have driven by it multiple times in the last week or two and haven't seen any progress...it seems Kendall Yards will just be one of the many pipe dreams in Spokane that never came to fruition.

Hub for an Empire
Jul 18, 2008, 1:11 PM
^^^^ I doubt that! I don't think the developer wasted millions of dollars to clean the soil and site and level it, just to leave it vacant!
Might take some time for something to happen, but change will be coming one day! .......it might not be on our prefered time schedulw.

Dazzeetrader
Jul 18, 2008, 5:07 PM
http://metrospokane.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/18/kendall_yards_bts.jpg

chepe
Jul 18, 2008, 5:35 PM
I take it as a bad sign (pardon the pun). There have been several stories about partnerships with third parties not working out. The fact that they're advertisign build to suit seems very odd. After all the time and money getting their site plan approved by the city, if they change the nature of the project via a build to suit of some suburban style strip center I would be curious how that would square with their approvals. I think the developer is too smart to try and do that for many reasons but on the whole this is not a positive development.

Smentek
Jul 18, 2008, 7:46 PM
build to suit? Not a good sign at all...

Edit to add: Hey I have created a more updated version of the Spokane Development graph I made last fall (that got lost)...please tell me what to add or change if you can, it's just a first draft.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/smen1/spokanedev2.jpg

sustainable
Jul 18, 2008, 11:37 PM
check out this site: http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/dirt/archive/?postID=6397

it is in response to an interview with Chesrown (probably today) in which Chesrown states that the only reason that the sign went up is to allow people to more easily contact the right person with the development. They say that they still want to get the roads in before snow - so that would mean they would get starting very soon. It turns out there might be some really good news afterall and maybe Metro Spokane was right that they are just trying to fill some holes in the remaining availability for tenants.

Dazzeetrader
Jul 20, 2008, 8:57 PM
Good post Smentek.

1.Chesrown wouldn't be offering if everything was rosy. I wonder what's he's build before and then leased...ever. Looks like his success has been in preparing the land and then selling it off to others. BlackRock estates ( going badly), Legacy at Liberty Lake ( badly) and so on. SO it might be mixed when it comes to whats doing on Kendall. Sell some, build some, etc.

2.Didn't he have a huge federal grant clean the place up?...Wasn't there a fuss over $8.3 million impact fees too? Plus he's held the property for years. I don't know ( never did) how warmly the KY project would be received when it's sort of a duplicate downtown.

3.Maybe it'll all work out. I suppose it should matter who builds out individual pieces as long as the site is developed. Small, large.....an office tower, etc. The reall thing is that somebody ( multiple sombodies) get the job done. Maybe KY would be smart to sit down with the "family" and work on it together. Might work.

Dazzeetrader
Aug 9, 2008, 2:06 AM
I'm in town....doing some parental things with the folks. I do know of 2 more office projects coming up in SPokane. 100K sq feet each up on the N side. Pretty too.!!!

revrw
Aug 9, 2008, 7:26 AM
can you elaborate? Do you have anymore details such as location, height, design, etc....?

Dazzeetrader
Aug 9, 2008, 6:06 PM
Very similar in design. 5 floors, 18-20K sq feet per floor. Glass/brick. The pic I saw was (now that I think about it) similar to that newer building in CDA on NW blvd as one enters CDA from the west. Larger though. Roughly 200 car parks..most underground. Clean design. From what I saw...one is closer in (North Bank) . Other is further north past Northtown. I don't know how this will turn out but I was noticing the landscaping which was really nice. Large fountain in a drivethrough. I'm on the finance side, but the plan looks reasonable. More on these later. Neither are big projects. The North Bank district building is very practical in the preliminary rendering I saw. If it can work, it should be a very nice addition.

revrw
Aug 13, 2008, 4:21 AM
thanks for the insight Dazz.....

Should be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of years on the north bank.

I am excited about the Residences at the Falls project by SRM development. I think it will sell out fairly quick, even in these market conditions. If this project does as well as I think it can, I think it could set the tone for a different style of development in Spokane e.g. more glass and steel structures.

Dazzeetrader
Aug 13, 2008, 7:43 AM
I hope you're right. If my memory serves me, stell and concret are required to build above 4 floors in SPokane. If the documents I've seen are correct, SRM would have to use those materials for their 14 floor/ 260K sq ft tower. If the dimensions are what I've seen, even at $200/ft, SRM's investment would be in the range of $50 million/tower. And to make 10% return on investment would take a lot more than condo livers are used to paying.......alot more.

Now that said, do you REALLY think those towers can be sold? I do.if new industry/manufacturing job show up and soon! I'm gone from SPokane but it makes me wonder they'll find that kind of money to fill their buildings. Could be a tough one......and a tougher sell.

revrw
Aug 13, 2008, 5:07 PM
We'll....I don't think the condos are going to be targeted towards working Spokanites. I think they are going to be targeted towards the retiring baby boomers. The great thing about the north bank is that you can "be" downtown, without having to "be" downtown. Plus, you will have the best view of the Falls and of the downtown skyline. I think a company like SRM has done there reasearch. They will have there first introduction event on September 4th and release more details about the project.

If my perceptions are correct, I think they have received more interest from their project from people who were initially holding out for the KY project, but since the timeline on it has moved back about a year or two, they want to get into something. I believe they have about 150-200 people who have expressed strong interest in the project. Not bad in a down market!

revrw
Aug 19, 2008, 6:23 PM
Question....I have heard a rumor from a couple of people about the possibility of the cheesecake factory going in on the 1st floor of the grant building next to P.F. Changs....has anyone else heard anything about this. I am very skeptical of this, but welcome the idea. I just doing see how Banner Bank and the Cheesecake Factory could occupy the 1st floor together.

sustainable
Aug 19, 2008, 7:03 PM
revrw,

I like Cheesecake Factory quite a bit so would welcome them to downtown Spokane even if they are just another national chain and I prefer local restaurants in general. Cheesecake's Factory has great Beef Ribs!

Unfortunately from everything that I have read the square footage that Banner is going to use in the Grant Building will prohibit Cheesecake Factory from occupying the space as well. CF generally occupies very large spaces, perhaps they could use up Lincoln and Main corner of 809 W Main...

urbanlife
Aug 19, 2008, 11:56 PM
I tend to turn my nose to chains, but in Spokane, I think the average spokanite would eat up the Cheesecake Factory. Would be a good move for downtown.

grayproduct
Aug 31, 2008, 5:24 AM
Some pictures from the day:

Joys of Sprague
http://lh3.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom1gFeBVI/AAAAAAAAAdQ/ajuNciHi-1I/s800/IMG_1181.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543816986789202)
Who hasn't seen this?
http://lh3.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom17gxAII/AAAAAAAAAdY/gRQcOrPTGto/s800/IMG_1183.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543824349036674)
Massive skyline seen from the east
http://lh4.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom2QXsFaI/AAAAAAAAAdg/4fd7GnAU9fc/s800/IMG_1185.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543829948110242)
Again
http://lh3.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom2y7hXaI/AAAAAAAAAdo/pgKqNHv-8SQ/s800/IMG_1186.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543839225208226)
Solar!
http://lh3.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom4AXICTI/AAAAAAAAAd4/TyqEOx8gVaA/s800/IMG_1188.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543860010518834)
One of many...
http://lh4.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom4rjnB4I/AAAAAAAAAeA/j1LoGzbieVk/s800/IMG_1189.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543871605606274)
Gonzaga dorms on Ruby? (Burnt down awhile back while u/c I think)
http://lh4.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom5sHXu8I/AAAAAAAAAeI/g--0pPWgxZI/s800/IMG_1190.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543888935467970)

Here are some pictures of the redevelopment of Wendle Northtown, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before.

North side of property
http://lh5.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom6cANgaI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/G78TBTGXgo0/s800/IMG_1192.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543901790339490)
http://lh5.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom9m_MgVI/AAAAAAAAAew/268kIsdmwHM/s800/IMG_1196.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543956278477138)
Rest of it
http://lh5.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom-Qm5dZI/AAAAAAAAAe4/pvF4OxRHDhA/s800/IMG_1197.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543967450854802)
Foundation work on west end of property
http://lh3.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom8f6j3bI/AAAAAAAAAeg/9Z8CeSmgYDs/s800/IMG_1194.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543937200119218)
Center
http://lh3.ggpht.com/lexgxel/SLom89YVPlI/AAAAAAAAAeo/J-TGVWDfAwM/s800/IMG_1195.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lexgxel/830/photo#5240543945109618258)

I keep forgetting to look at the sign there, anyone know who if any tenants are signed for this development? Any word on a pedestrian bridge over Division?

James Bond Agent 007
Aug 31, 2008, 6:14 AM
Kewel. Good to see they're making progress on that thing!