PDA

View Full Version : PARIS | Full Summary of Projects

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

brisavoine
Mar 31, 2006, 3:58 PM
With all the different announcements in the past weeks in French media, I thought it was time to make a general summary of skyscrapers u/c or planned in Paris, for those interested. I preceded them by the number of skyscrapers already built, for perspective. Only skyscrapers above 150 m (492 feet) are mentioned.

As of the end of March 2006:
*12 skyscrapers above 150 m in La Défense and city proper are already built (note: the figure does not include Eiffel Tower)

U/C and planned (March 2006):
*two 180 m (590 ft) skyscrapers in La Défense: under construction (due to be completed in 2007)
*renovation of the 159 m (522 ft) Axa Tower due to be turned into a 220 m (720 ft) skyscraper: renovation starts in 2007
*two 165 m (541 ft) skyscrapers in Levallois-Perret: approved, construction due to start soon
*one 400 m (1,300 ft) skyscraper in La Défense: proposed (approval due by June 2006). This one will have about the same height as NYC Freedom Tower without antemna.
*one 300 m (1,000 ft) skyscraper in La Défense: proposed (approval due by June 2006)
*three to four skyscrapers in the 200 - 250 m (650 - 800 ft) range in La Défense: proposed (approval due by June 2006)
*one 200 m (650 ft) skyscraper by architect Jean Nouvel in La Défense: proposed

All projects are due to be completed by 2015, at which time Greater Paris would have 21 to 23 skyscrapers above 150 m, including the tallest skyscraper in western Europe (400 m), announced as the "signal" tower of the renovated La Défense. At the moment none of these projects appear in the Paris diagrams unfortunately. Maybe someone could add at least the projects for which we already have official renderings.

If the center-right win the 2008 Paris municipal election, building of skyscrapers in the city proper may also be forthcoming. Paris opposition leader, Françoise de Panafieu, said she supported the building of tall skyscrapers on the fringes of the historical center, at the moment hampered by opposition from the Green Party, a key partner of the curent center-left municipal coallition ruling the city.

Fabb
Apr 7, 2006, 7:29 PM
Paris opposition leader, Françoise de Panafieu, said she supported the building of tall skyscrapers on the fringes of the historical center,

She really said that ? But will she have the guts to do it if she's elected ?

brisavoine
Apr 7, 2006, 7:40 PM
She really said that ? But will she have the guts to do it if she's elected ?
Time will tell. Eventually there will be skyscrapers built inside the city of Paris proper, it's just a matter of time. French polls show the younger generations are in favor of skyscrapers. Generation change and economic pressure (no more space to build inside the city) will result in the building of skyscrapers inside the city sooner or later. But let's not forget that at the moment there is already a large concentration of skyscrapers in La Défense, which is administratively outside of the city proper.

Fabb
Apr 8, 2006, 7:07 AM
Time will tell. Eventually there will be skyscrapers built inside the city of Paris proper, it's just a matter of time. French polls show the younger generations are in favor of skyscrapers.

I want to believe that, but I've never heard of such polls.

brisavoine
Apr 8, 2006, 11:25 AM
I want to believe that, but I've never heard of such polls.
Bertrand Delanoë, mayor of Paris, mentioned these polls at the MIPIM in Cannes last month.

Fabb
Apr 8, 2006, 11:46 AM
All right. I don't trust the man.
Do you have more info on Nouvel's project and the renovation of AXA ? (is the height figure just a speculation ?)

brisavoine
Apr 8, 2006, 12:59 PM
The exact height of the renovated Axa Tower was officially announced two days ago. Exact roof height will be 225.11 meters (738.55 feet). There will be an antenna on top of the roof, whose exact dimensions are unknown yet (anywhere beteen 30 and 60 meters / 100 and 200 ft). The current Axa Tower is 159 meters (522 feet) tall at roof height, so the renovation means a 66 meters (217 feet) increase in height.

Fabb
Apr 8, 2006, 5:54 PM
The exact height of the renovated Axa Tower was officially announced two days ago. Exact roof height will be 225.11 meters (738.55 feet). There will be an antenna on top of the roof, whose exact dimensions are unknown yet (anywhere beteen 30 and 60 meters / 100 and 200 ft).

Great news !
What's the source ?

Who's in charge of the redesign ? I bet it's KPF...

brisavoine
Apr 8, 2006, 6:16 PM
Yes, it is KBF. As for the tower's height, it was announced by the Prefecture of the Hauts-de-Seine département.

Fabb
Apr 8, 2006, 6:29 PM
So it's official.
I can't believe that the tallest skyscraper in France has been approved and (almost) nobody knows.

brisavoine
Apr 8, 2006, 6:51 PM
Here is the official announcement for the renovated Axa Tower posted at La Défense.

http://y.moussali.free.fr/Photos%20La%20D%e9fense%202006/demande%20de%20permis%20de%20construire%20concernant%20renov%20et%20surelevation%20de%20cb31,%20a%20cot%e9%20de%20Axa.jpg

brisavoine
Apr 8, 2006, 6:58 PM
And this is how the Paris skyline will look with the renovated Axa Tower (that's the tallest skyscraper in the middle of the cluster).

http://mapage.noos.fr/marla13/LD2009.jpg

Jasonhouse
Apr 9, 2006, 2:40 AM
Fantastic thread!

Remember... the more renderings, the merrier...

Fabb
Apr 9, 2006, 9:53 AM
So, it's still not approved.

brisavoine
Apr 9, 2006, 11:42 AM
So, it's still not approved.
It has been approved. Now they are waiting for the building permit, which is just a mere formality.

brisavoine
Apr 9, 2006, 11:47 AM
Well, for those who like renderings, here is a view of Paris skyline in 2015 when all the projects are completed. The image was made by Metropolitan. The four tallest skyscrapers on the picture have designs unknown yet, so Metropolitan just pasted some skyscrapers from other cities, but their exact location and height is correct (only the exact design is unknown yet). All other skyscrapers on the pictures are real (i.e. already built or under construction). For a sense of proportion, the tallest skyscraper on the picture is as tall as the destroyed World Trade Center in New York (400 meters).

Paris 9 years from now:

http://mapage.noos.fr/marla13/LD2015.jpg

WonderlandPark
Apr 9, 2006, 3:47 PM
Menara Telekom is building a copy in Paris? And what looks like Roppongi Hills is putting in a new supertall, I see. ;)

Wheelingman04
Apr 10, 2006, 9:39 AM
^Those renderings are absolutely incredible. It is great to see so many skyscrapers proposed or under construction in Paris.

Coldrsx
Apr 11, 2006, 12:40 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think these are just out of place for grande paris?

eburress
Apr 11, 2006, 2:18 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think these are just out of place for grande paris?
Remember, Metropolitan just pasted skyscraper images from other cities for the tallest few -- but -- IF the new buildings did end up looking like the ones in the skyline compilation above, then I would totally agree with you. Maybe I just don't like their architectural style, but I think you're right that those pretend buildings look out of place in "grande" Paris.

brisavoine
Apr 11, 2006, 10:22 AM
What do you mean by "grande Paris"? I'm not sure I understand that expression.

Coldrsx
Apr 11, 2006, 4:43 PM
What do you mean by "grande Paris"? I'm not sure I understand that expression.

simply that Paris holds a special place in my heart...one that is of classic elegance and of years gone by, not years to come.

brisavoine
Apr 11, 2006, 6:29 PM
simply that Paris holds a special place in my heart...one that is of classic elegance and of years gone by, not years to come.
Problem is, there are 11 million Parisians who need to make a living in years to come, not in years gone. Did you know there are more square feet of office space in Paris than in Chicago or London? And still more to come, so all these offices need to be accomodated somewhere.

eburress
Apr 11, 2006, 6:38 PM
Problem is, there are 11 million Parisians who need to make a living in years to come, not in years gone. Did you know there are more square feet of office space in Paris than in Chicago or London? And still more to come, so all these offices need to be accomodated somewhere.

I'm not saying Paris shouldn't build buildings...I absolutely think they should. I just don't think the ultra-contemporary look of some of those "pretend" towers is in keeping with the classic look of the rest of the city. I would prefer a more timless architectural style for the new structures. Just my $.02. :)

brisavoine
Apr 11, 2006, 6:44 PM
There'll be an international architectural competition for the 400 meters and 300 meters skyscrapers. You can send your project if you have ideas. ;)

philip
Apr 12, 2006, 1:59 AM
^^The cityscape of Paris thrives on Bold New Ideas. When they built Eiffel Tower, People protested. When they build Pompidou Center, people ridiculed. When they built the pyramid at the Louvre Museum, people questioned.

But now everyone in Paris and the rest of the world loves them. Paris would not be the same without these buildings. It is the essence of radical designs that makes Paris unique. The city does not need rows after rows of ancient dwellings that look exactly the same.

brisavoine
Apr 22, 2006, 10:26 AM
For those interested in numbers, I calculated some interesting statistics. If the current population growth rates of France and Paris remain the same over the next 9 years (most demographers think it is very likely they will), then in 2015 at the time when all the skyscrapers are completed in Paris there should be between 63.8 and 64.2 million inhabitants in France (metropolitan France), and 12.3 million inhabitants in the Paris metropolitan area.

brisavoine
Apr 28, 2006, 6:34 PM
It was reported that there are projects to build two 180 meters (590 ft) skyscrapers in Issy-les-Moulineaux. This adds to the already long list of skyscrapers that are planned or under construction in Paris. After the announcements of skyscrapers in La Défense, Levallois-Perret, Neuilly-sur-Seine, and now Issy-les-Moulineaux, it appears that 10 years from now there should be a constellation of skyscraper clusters spread out in the western area of Paris, unlike the current situation where there is only La Défense and Montparnasse.

I created a small map to show the location of all the skyscrapers already existing, under construction, or planned (only skyscrapers taller than 150 m/500 ft are indicated).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/mg/f/f0/Parismap.JPG

omp835
Apr 28, 2006, 8:51 PM
Cool thread, and in English. How convienient (for me):)

Grumpy
May 2, 2006, 9:08 PM
that is an interesting map , nice to see the future locations like this.

brisavoine
May 12, 2006, 12:03 AM
Le Nouvel Observateur magazine in their latest edition have revealed new skyscraper projects hitherto unknown. Here is the cover page.

http://obsdeparis.nouvelobs.com/visuels/p273_2166/cover.jpg

In Issy-les-Moulineaux (you can see that place on the map above) the local council would like Norman Foster to build two skyscrapers on the banks of the Seine (height unknown). Furthermore, they also plan to build an office skyscraper called the Hypergreen Tower which would be 246 m (807 ft) high and include the latest technology in energy-saving and environmental sustainability.

Le Nouvel Observateur have also revealed that in Saint-Denis (north of Central Paris) the local council plans to build skyscrapers near the Stade de France. Several councils on the northern and eastern fringes of Central Paris (notably Saint-Ouen and Bagnolet) are also planning skyscrapers according to Le Nouvel Observateur.

With all the new projects announced weekly, it's hard to keep the Paris skyscrapers list up-to-date. The current skyscraper building drive has never been seen before in Paris. If I count well, there are now skyscrapers U/C or planned in La Défense, Neuilly-sur-Seine, Levallois-Perret, Issy-les-Moulineaux, Saint-Denis, Saint-Ouen, and Bagnolet. I'll update the list as soon as we have more information about the projects. If anyone has better information, please update.

Fabb
May 16, 2006, 12:31 PM
Le Nouvel Observateur have also revealed that in Saint-Denis (north of Central Paris) the local council plans to build skyscrapers near the Stade de France. Several councils on the northern and eastern fringes of Central Paris (notably Saint-Ouen and Bagnolet) are also planning skyscrapers according to Le Nouvel Observateur.

Building skyscrapers in Saint-Denis and Bagnolet makes sense. Those that already exist are much too isolated.

Swede
May 16, 2006, 1:08 PM
I, for one, welcome all these shiny & futuristic towers to Paris. I wouldn't like to see 'em built in the heart of the city, but since that's not gonna happen, I'm all for it. In fact, I like the contrast between the hypermodern La Défense and the oldskool areas of the City.

brisavoine
Jun 22, 2006, 2:20 PM
Here are some renderings of the 165 m.(541 ft) twin towers in Levallois-Perret, on the banks of the Seine river. Construction is due to start this coming summer (2006) and the towers will be completed and opened in June 2009, when they are delivered to Spanish developer Fadesa.

The towers will have 42 floors each and a total floor space of 110,000 m² (1,185,000 sq. ft), of which 90,000 m² (970,000 sq. ft) will be office space, and the remaining 20,000 m² (215,000 ft) will contain a commercial mall and a three-stars hotel with restaurant, bar, and fitness center. There will be an underground parking lot with capacity 1,600 spaces.

Have a look at the map in the previous postings (above) for the location of the Levallois twin towers.

http://www.batiactu.com/special/image.php3?type=Deuxieme_image&doc=/data/13022006/13022006-162359.html

brisavoine
Jun 24, 2006, 5:33 PM
Here is an excellent website about the 185 m (607 ft) T1 tower currently under construction in La Défense:
http://www.t1-defense.com/

The website contains stunning renderings of the tower. There are also weekly updates with pictures showing construction progress, as well as lots of information about the tower. The tower is due to be completed in 2007 and opened in January/February 2008.

Just two renderings from the website:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/mg/c/ca/Tun.JPG

This one shows Paris by night as seen from inside the T1 tower. If you pay attention, you can notice the Eiffel Tower in the distance through the window in the center of the picture.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/mg/5/5e/T_un.JPG

Grumpy
Jun 30, 2006, 2:06 PM
very interesting link , merci

brisavoine
Jul 3, 2006, 11:53 PM
A bit more has filtered through today about the supertalls planned in La Défense. French architect Manuelle Gautrand revealed on her website that she's working on a skyscraper in the 300s meters (1,000-1,300ft). The developer is Unibail. She said renderings would be made public in the end of September (little less than 3 months from now).
This is supposed to be one of several supertalls to be built in La Défense within the next 9 years, but it is not known whether the skyscraper that Gautrand is working on would be the tallest or the second-tallest. Bernard Bled, the director of La Défense Authority, has repeatedly (and again recently) said that the tallest tower would be above the 400m (1,310ft) mark.

Fabb
Jul 4, 2006, 2:12 PM
Manuelle Gautrand is known for her design of Citroën's 42, Champs Elysées.

Has she designed any skyscrapers ?

Grumpy
Jul 22, 2006, 9:18 PM
Could this be La Défense in the future ?

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5476/capital082006ld2015ex5.jpg

Fabb
Jul 23, 2006, 6:24 AM
What's the source of this image ?

Stuckinsuburbia4
Jul 23, 2006, 8:48 AM
Im glad to see Paris is finally wanting to build skyward

brisavoine
Aug 1, 2006, 12:31 AM
The French government gave its official approval to La Défense development project on Tuesday last week. Now that some details of the project approved by the government are known, and after after months of news from other local councils, I think it is time to make an updated general summary of skyscrapers u/c or planned in the Paris area, preceded by the number of skyscrapers already built, for perspective. Only towers taller than 150 m (492 ft) are listed.

As of the end of July 2006:

*12 skyscrapers above 150 m (492 ft) in La Défense and city proper: already built (note: the figure does not include Eiffel Tower)

*two 180 m (590 ft) skyscrapers in La Défense: under construction (due to be completed in 2007)

*two 165 m (541 ft) skyscrapers in Levallois-Perret: approved (construction due to start this summer and to be completed and opened by June 2009)

*renovation of the 159 m (522 ft) Axa Tower in La Défense due to be turned into a 225 m (738 ft) skyscraper (perhaps 275m/902ft with its antenna): approved (renovation starts in 2007 and should be completed by 2009)

*one so-called "tour signal" ("iconic tower") in La Défense. Height should be around 300 m (1,000 ft). 400 m (1,300 ft) height abandoned for now. May rebound after the presidential election in May 2007. Status: approved (architect contest launched, renderings due perhaps as early as this coming October)

*one 80,000 m² (860,000 sq. ft) skyscraper in La Défense for the Ministry of Transportation and Public Works. Height should be around 200 m (650 ft). Status: approved (due to be completed and opened by 2009-2010)

*around three skyscrapers in La Défense containing 300,000 m² (3.2 million sq. ft) of office space. The "tour signal" may be one of these three skyscrapers, and the ministry skyscraper may not, but this is not known for sure. Each of these three skyscrapers will contain on average almost as much office space as the 310 m (1,018 ft) U.S. Bank Tower in downtown Los Angeles. Status: approved (due to be completed and opened by 2013)

*8 or 9 skyscrapers containing 475,000 m² (5.1 million sq. ft) of office space to be built in La Défense in replacement of 8 or 9 old towers to be demolished. Heights should be between 150 m (500 ft) and 250 m (800 ft). Status: approved (due to be completed and opened by 2013)

*two 180 m (590 ft) skyscrapers in Issy-les-Moulineaux: proposed (approval due by the end of this year)

*one so-called Hypergreen Tower, 246 m (807 ft) tall, in Issy-les-Moulineaux: proposed (approval due by the end of this year)

*two 160 m (525 ft) skyscrapers in Neuilly-sur-Seine: proposed

*local council in Saint-Denis let it know it's planning skyscrapers in the new business district built near the Stade de France

*local council in Bagnolet let it know it's planning skyscrapers along the Périphérique freeway

*local council in Saint-Ouen let it know it's planning skyscrapers

By 2013, when all skyscrapers are completed, Greater Paris will have between 27 and 35 skyscrapers above 150 m (492 ft) (not counting possible skyscrapers in Saint-Denis, Bagnolet, and Saint-Ouen).

I think with this impressive list it's undeniable Paris is right there on top with the world cities building most skyscrapers at the moment. The coming months and years should be quite exciting, as more renderings are made public and projects take shape. Stay tuned.

Grumpy
Aug 6, 2006, 12:49 PM
T1 on august 2nd , pictures by eric

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2491/t124dut6.jpg

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5739/t124fzs8.jpg

Grumpy
Aug 27, 2006, 11:28 AM
Any news on the Méridien hotel near the Tour AXA ?

@ Fabb , copied the image from another forum, I guess its from a magazine

Minato Ku
Sep 19, 2006, 7:18 AM
construction of T1

cladding is arrived

http://www.t1-defense.com/t1-29h.jpg
http://www.t1-defense.com/bat-c2-30a.jpg
http://www.t1-defense.com/t1-29c.jpg
http://www.t1-defense.com/t1-29j.jpg

official rendering

http://www.t1-defense.com/accueil.gif

Grumpy
Sep 19, 2006, 9:37 AM
Green cladding ??
The renderings show another colour :shrug:

FrenchyMiami
Sep 26, 2006, 10:32 AM
really cool to see what you re guys up to in Paris...Keep up the good work...

Also does anyone know if any skyscrappers will include residential? I hope they start doing that ...this will unblock a lot of things in the economy. Hopefully offices hotel and retail will give people a taste of the life up high in good locations....

anyone should be allowed to live in paris if they want to...:notacrook: :tup:

Minato Ku
Oct 17, 2006, 7:29 PM
THE FIRST RENDERING OF THE GENERALI TOWER 280m 90000sqm

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9076/usersutilisateurdesktopune145ah9.jpg

It is not the Iconic tower or tour Signal
The tower will be located at the eastern limit of LD near the Gan tower and the future CB31

the Tour Signal will be 150.000sqm

Fabb
Oct 17, 2006, 7:35 PM
(First impression)
Is this supposed to be a joke ? Who will pay for this pointless crown ?

Minato Ku
Oct 17, 2006, 7:36 PM
Fiat Tower was demolished in levallois for built twin towers 165 m. (541 ft)

Old and Poor Fiat
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5243/img4203rr9ud1.jpg

New Levallois twin Towers
http://ladefense.free.fr/levallois.jpg

Grumpy
Oct 27, 2006, 7:01 PM
I don't like the Levallois Twins , they would be better of in Moscow

Olivertwist049
Nov 2, 2006, 7:32 PM
Here are some more informations about the international competition for the Tour Signal.
10 architects are participating:
_Norman Foster
_Jacques Ferrier
_Massimiliano Fuksas
_Manuelle Gautrand
_Herzog et de Meuron
_Rem Koolhaas
_Thom Mayne
_Nicolas Michelin
_Jean Nouvel
_Dominique Perrault

The deadline was on the 2nd of october, the french authorities are now choosing the winner. The result will be known on the 24th of November. At this date we should see the first renderings, can't wait to see them! :)

Olivertwist049
Nov 2, 2006, 7:38 PM
http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/3489/skylinedfensesignalrk8.jpg

Tour Signal: when architecture meets publicity! :haha:

Olivertwist049
Nov 2, 2006, 7:46 PM
I also found on a french forum some renderings of a 200m tower by Jean Nouvel. These are from his website.
http://www.paris-skyscrapers.com/photos/mynight/jn2.jpg
http://www.paris-skyscrapers.com/photos/mynight/jn3.jpg
http://www.paris-skyscrapers.com/photos/mynight/jn4.jpg
http://www.paris-skyscrapers.com/photos/mynight/jn5.jpg
http://www.paris-skyscrapers.com/photos/mynight/jn1.jpg
http://stickyesman.free.fr/divers/Nouvel_LD200m_01.jpg

It looks pretty nice to me!:) what do you think?

Grumpy
Nov 4, 2006, 6:48 PM
Would be a great addition to the LD skyline.
Why not demolish the old Boieldieu blocks and replace them by new residential towers ?

Grumpy
Nov 4, 2006, 8:16 PM
What do you think about this ?

http://perso.numericable.fr/~ydelavau/ykld/signal_jour.jpg

Olivertwist049
Nov 5, 2006, 12:46 AM
Nice one! But The GAN Tower looks ridiculous and old fashioned! btw I saw somewhere two other designs for renovation of AXA. Here they are:

http://www.paris-skyscrapers.com/newsite/photos/axa06.jpg

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/3782/axamossessian14la.jpg

Is everyone sure that the definitive design has been chosen yet?

Grumpy
Nov 10, 2006, 7:02 PM
This is how La Défense going to be in 2013 (made by Metropolitan)

http://grandparis.free.fr/axageneraligranite.jpg

EyOne
Nov 10, 2006, 9:36 PM
The same with the T1 tower and the meridien. It miss the Signal tower, but a first rendering must be revealed by the end of the month.
http://grandparis.free.fr/axageneraligranite7.jpg

An EPAD article have said that one, perhaps two 300+ meters towers will be constructed in the Defense skyline for 2013 (in add of Signal and Generali).

We have also new Generali renderings. The tower will be 300/+meters tall for sure:
http://static.flickr.com/122/292119831_4be6cc92ff_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/102/292119793_9494b017ec_o.jpg

Olivertwist049> yes, the new AXA tower design has been chosen yet, it's that is on these pictures.

Olivertwist049
Nov 10, 2006, 9:39 PM
Wow! great render! Can't wait see how LD will look like in 2013. In two weeks we'll know the winner of the tour signal competition and hopefully we'll see the first renders. :)
LD is really getting one of best skylines in Europe and even in the world! :banana:

Grumpy
Nov 13, 2006, 3:52 PM
Why hasn't EPAD made it officail about the 300+ tower :shrug:

Grumpy
Nov 13, 2006, 3:53 PM
The pedestrian connection between Granite & SG towers:

http://www.paris-skyscrapers.com/newsite/photos/gra30.jpg

KevinFromTexas
Nov 29, 2006, 8:38 AM
I saw this and had to post it here.

From the Austin American-Statesman
http://www.statesman.com/business/content/business/stories/other/11/29/29bizbriefs.html

BUSINESS DIGEST
U.S. architect's design is picked for Paris building.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

PARIS — U.S. architect's design picked for Paris building

Developers selected a design by an award-winning American architect for a bold new building powered partly by the wind.

Dubbed the Lighthouse, the 984-foot-high skyscraper will be designed by Pritzker Prize winner Thom Mayne and erected at La Defense, a complex of office towers in a business district west of Paris where many of France's major corporations are headquartered.

The building is set for completion in 2012.

Rendering:
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/09/69/28/image_4928699.jpg
UNIBAIL-MORPHOSIS
Thom Mayne's design for a 984-foot-high skyscraper will rise over Paris when it is competed in 2012.

Grumpy
Jan 4, 2007, 10:18 PM
I don't like this building on the backside , its like an open steel frame without any content, the top looks ok though.
Truly I hope the design changes before building this...

AJphx
Jan 5, 2007, 4:39 AM
those other two designs for the AXA redesign are both much better, I think. Especially the second one.

villelumiere
Jan 12, 2007, 2:05 AM
Wow! great render! Can't wait see how LD will look like in 2013. In two weeks we'll know the winner of the tour signal competition and hopefully we'll see the first renders. :)
LD is really getting one of best skylines in Europe and even in the world! :banana:

I think it is true that La def. already has the best skyline in Europe. Frankfurt, its only serious rival, has taller bldgs. 9 5 200 m. plus ) but the pano of La def is superb with nice clustering, some density adn harmonious uniformity of height.

Personally I woud prefer 2 to 4 towers at c. 200 to 220 metres which would give some height without totally taking over but with what is currently proposed La def will clearly be the best in Europe an comparable to any north American city except the two giants in Chicago and manhattan.

It would be wrong to build in the centre and whatever young people say in polls it won't happen. Youth don't vote, have no real power and grow up to be more conservative so their views are irrelevant. However it is the fate of Paris to be the most innovative of cities. She is a vast work of art and brings her swagger and elan to so much of what happens there. This swagger will inform what becomes of her 'scraper quarter.

Come 2013 the most elegant neo classical city on earth which has been the crucible for so much architectural novelty through the centuries will have a quarter which rivals Toronto or houston for height and skyline presence and arguably be top 10 in world yet in centre-ville people won't even know its there thus insuring a world class modern skyline next door to an utterly unrivalled pre modern panorama !!!!!. Vive la ville lumiere Reine des villes mondiales !

Grumpy
Feb 6, 2007, 5:30 PM
Take a look at this site where you can see T1 grow into the sky:

http://perso.orange.fr/p2r92/Pages/Page1TourT1.html

Minato Ku
Feb 11, 2007, 8:10 PM
New proposed tower for Paris

Tour Majunga 180 meters :rolleyes:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/373/tourmajungaunibailov3.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3479/viguier3ol9.jpg

The AXA tower is empty and the tower is currently under in asbestos removal. The renovation will start in june.
Other rendering of New AXA tower
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6796/1171778223324c261c2o7hj.jpg

Diagram of the renovation
http://moiangelius.free.fr/data/defense/axa.jpg

Fido
Feb 12, 2007, 1:23 AM
A few shot of T1 and Granite on 02/11/07.
Sorry about the quality :(

Granite :
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3403/tourgranite011bv7.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2271/tourgranite021sl3.jpg

T1 :
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/240/tourt1011if9.jpg
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/636/tourt1021ox2.jpg
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/6607/tourt1031dz1.jpg

Grumpy
Feb 26, 2007, 2:51 PM
Is there something new about the status of the Tour Majunga ??

Minato Ku
Mar 13, 2007, 5:42 PM
Tour Signal

This Brisavoine post posted in an other forum :D
Sorry I am very lazy I will not rewrite this
Great news on the French forum. It is confirmed that the "tour Signal" is distinct from the "tour Phare". You may remember that in the beginning it was announced that a so-called "tour Signal" would be built to symbolize the regeneration of La Défense. Then last November it was Thom Mayne's 300m tower that was selected, and the project was renamed "tour Phare". Then two months ago, during his New Year's "good wishes" press conference, the director of La Défense Authority (EPAD) hinted that the "tour Signal" was a project still alive and distinct from the "tour Phare". I wrote about that in a message some weeks ago here, but some forumers doubted my information. Now it is confirmed by EPAD itself! One French forumer asked on the official La Défense forum whether the "tour Signal" was distinct from the "tour Phare", and the admin from EPAD said YES. You can see it here if you can read French: http://www.ladefense.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=792

The fact that EPAD answered is quite remarkable. Usually they are pretty secret about what's going on in La Défense, so I was very surprised to discover this on the French forum. Especially since we are in the middle of a bitter presidential election in France, it's surprising that they answered the French forumer. They must feel quite confident about the "tour Signal" project.

According to the admin, this "tour Signal" would house the Ministry of Public Works. It had long been rumored that the ministry was planning to leave the Grande Arche where its offices are currently located, and build its own tower. Now it's confirmed, and this new tower they'd build for their offices would be the "tour Signal". Also, initially it was rumored the ministry was planning to build 80,000 m² (860,000 sq. ft) of office space, but now it was reported in the French press that they're planning to build 100,000m² (1,075,000 sq. ft). So this born-again "tour Signal" would contain 100,000 m² of office space if the ministry is the only occupier. That means the "tour Signal" would be at least 200m (600 ft) high, perhaps more. For comparisons, the 310m (1,1018 ft) US Bank Tower in LA contains 120,000 m² (1.3 million sq. ft) of office space, so the ministry is not envisioning something small.

The admin said that an architect contest would be launched to select the design of the "tour Signal". It is quite probable that we will have no renderings until the winning project is selected, same as what happened with the "tour Phare". If you re-read what I wrote here a few weeks ago, I reported this rumor that Ferrier's 335m tower could be chosen as the design for the "tour Signal" because Ferrier was furious at the way Thom Mayne's project had been chosen for the "tour Phare" (Thom Mayne didn't respect the budget assigned to contestants). Now the EPAD admin said there would be an architect contest for the "tour Signal", so what of Ferrier's tower? Perhaps Ferrier will be allowed to take part in this new contest, with a more serious chance to win this time. I don't know. Personally, I would love if Ferrier's tower is built. It's by far the most beautiful tower that I've seen proposed in La Défense.

In any case, let's remember that this "tour Signal" for the Ministry of Public Works will be a State project (unlike Generali Tower or "tour Phare" which are private projects), so it is most sensitive to political changes. Should the Socialists win back power next May-June, there's a great likelihood it would be cancelled if their recent anti-La Défense stances are to be taken at face value.

Anyway, I can't resist putting again some pictures of Ferrier's 335m (1,100 ft) tower, for those who haven't seen it already.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6183/ferrier3xv7.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9572/ferrier1tb5.jpg

http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/324/ferrier2yr5.jpg

This is my message

According the magazine of Haut de Seine departement "92 Express" the height of Tour Signal should be around 300m

Tour Signal will be the sister of Tour Phare.
Article warning,the height of this PDf is 9 Mb (http://www.92express.net/92ex/images2007_03/PDF167/Ladefense.pdf)

And an official source from the senat
From the start of the plan Defense 2015 Tour Signal and Tour Phare was distinct.

Sorry it is in french because I am lazy. :)

Afin de « relancer » le quartier, le directeur général de l'EPAD a proposé le 2 décembre 2005 au conseil d'administration de l'établissement le Projet « La Défense 2015 », plan de développement prévoyant notamment la construction de 850.000 m² de bureaux et 100.000 m² de nouveaux logements, l'édification de deux tours de plus de 300 mètres de haut (Tour Signal et Tour Phare) et la rénovation de tours existantes.

Here (http://www.senat.fr/rap/l06-147/l06-1474.html)

Grumpy
Mar 13, 2007, 8:05 PM
Excellent news ... but where is it going to be built in LD ??

Rendering of "la passerelle" to connect Granite with the SGtwins:
http://www.ladefense.fr/images/passerelle%20Granite.jpg

Minato Ku
Mar 13, 2007, 8:28 PM
Some poeple said that Tour Signal height would be between 350 and 400 m
But those people are fanatic french forumer. (Like me) :haha:

colemonkee
Mar 13, 2007, 8:29 PM
Loving the base of Tour Signal

Minato Ku
Mar 13, 2007, 8:52 PM
It is not the Tour Signal
This tower was a project for the Tour Phare
but some rumor said that this tower called Hypergreen will become the new Tour Signal.

Grumpy
Mar 17, 2007, 9:18 PM
http://grandparis.free.fr/ldprojects.jpg

AJphx
Mar 17, 2007, 10:03 PM
cool map. I notice that under unrevealed projects is "replacing Gan". I assume that would just be a renovation of the tower?

I hope they aren't planning on changing the exterior/facade... I think it looks great like it is.

Minato Ku
Mar 22, 2007, 8:26 AM
The remplacing Aurore is now know.

The tour Aurore, wich is 110 m (360 ft) high and contains 27,000 m² (290,000 sq. ft) of office space, would be demolished and replaced by a new tower called Air² which would be approx. 200-220 m (650-700 ft) high and would contain 75,000 m² (800,000 sq. ft) of office space.

Tour Aurore now :
http://80.65.232.176/Photos/00/00/06/42/ME0000064244_3.JPG
http://80.65.232.176/Photos/00/00/06/42/ME0000064245_3.JPG

Tour Air² :
http://www.defense-92.fr/photos/ph2239.jpg
http://www.defense-92.fr/photos/ph2338.jpg

View from the south
At the left tour Air², at the middle tour Generalli and tour Gan, at the right new tour Axa
http://www.defense-92.fr/photos/ph2340.jpg

With the new towers, tour Gan look small but today it is the third tallest skyscraper in la Defense :yes:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5497/4102283766e9dfc8dd3orb7.jpg

View from the north
http://grrroux.free.fr/misc/new_aurore2.JPG

Paris has now 3 szkyscraper u/c

Tour Axa : 240 m 787 ft
Tour T1 185 m : 606 ft
Tour Granite : 184 m 603 ft

CGII
Mar 22, 2007, 4:07 PM
'Air squared?' :haha:

Grumpy
Mar 22, 2007, 7:29 PM
Is Auror going to look like that ? :eek:
Any idea which colour it will have + any changes on ground level ?

Grumpy
Mar 23, 2007, 8:00 AM
Rendering of the renovated AXA tower:

http://www.defense-92.fr/photos/axarendu4.jpg

colemonkee
Mar 23, 2007, 6:02 PM
The top of AXA reminds me of the proposed Bishopsgate Tower in London. Kind of a curved, glass crown. I like it.

AJphx
Mar 24, 2007, 2:37 AM
The remplacing Aurore is now know.

The tour Ariane, wich is 110 m (360 ft) high and contains 27,000 m² (290,000 sq. ft) of office space, would be demolished and replaced by a new tower called Air² which would be approx.

Is it Aurore or tour Ariane that is being replaced by Air2?

Minato Ku
Mar 24, 2007, 3:17 PM
Sorry for the mistake, It is Tour Aurore wich being replaced by Air2.

Tour Ariane is an other tower (152m built in 1973) It is in renovation.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/36/TourAriane.jpg/450px-TourAriane.jpg

Metropolitan
Apr 2, 2007, 3:04 AM
cool map. I notice that under unrevealed projects is "replacing Gan". I assume that would just be a renovation of the tower?

I hope they aren't planning on changing the exterior/facade... I think it looks great like it is.Apparently GAN will move out of the building. There are rumours saying the insurance group currently hesitates between renovating and heightening the tower in a way similar to AXA, or simply destroying the building to build something taller instead.

For now there's nothing official, these are just gossips. However, Air² replacing Aurore and D2 replacing Veritas were also rumours at the beginning... and now we see the renderings. So let's wait and see.

Sinha
Apr 7, 2007, 3:28 PM
This thread include all projects of the " Greater Paris" except 'LaDefense"who have another thread .

This is photos ,i take this week in Paris in 13 Urban District .This area is in development with the "Bibliothèque National de France",university,laboratory,office and apartment building .
In project Tribunal will be buid with tower and other near "périphérique.
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5302/planmetrorx3.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3227/11629plansecteurprgog0.jpg

Sinha
Apr 7, 2007, 3:50 PM
School of architecture "Paris val de Seine": http://http://www.paris-valdeseine.archi.fr/
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3692/060persduprojetborelvb8.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8923/dscf0126ov3.jpg

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2553/dscf0142ji3.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9288/dscf0141dh0.jpg

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/4585/dscf0139vp3.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9992/dscf0137ib0.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1807/dscf0129bp1.jpg

Sinha
Apr 7, 2007, 4:06 PM
proposed
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7725/127797567b8d8ce1f13ojl9.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5908/2030axonomassenasudtd7.jpg

in construction
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6674/img10185be0.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6075/p13masbrxfopy6.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3415/dscf0062jl5.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8774/16rl8.jpg

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/9610/dscf0074mk9.jpg

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6463/dscf0075tg2.jpg

Sinha
Apr 7, 2007, 4:17 PM
University:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9421/dscf0089vb3.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3900/dscf0098oz8.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4408/dscf0103px4.jpg

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1220/dscf0110py8.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8464/dscf0111co3.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8691/dscf0114ie2.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7239/dscf0095dx7.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7848/dscf0121ak9.jpg

Sinha
Apr 7, 2007, 4:24 PM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8253/dscf0122ix6.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9894/dscf0102cm5.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2373/dscf0146td1.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6222/dscf0148ix7.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3816/dscf0150ne8.jpg

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/1557/dscf0154dv5.jpg

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/290/dscf0076pn6.jpg

Sinha
Apr 7, 2007, 4:38 PM
apartment building
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5254/dscf0088bu6.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1200/dscf0104yd1.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2436/dscf0107fc5.jpg

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/5485/dscf0108yl2.jpg

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/4198/dscf0118fw9.jpg

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3378/dscf0120qb9.jpg

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/7239/dscf0156cf0.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4465/dscf0164fp3.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3433/51hn3.jpg

Sinha
Apr 7, 2007, 4:56 PM
district of Bercy one tower in debate
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5184/dscf0048jt6.jpg

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/4157/dscf0050ej8.jpg

Gehry Museum for Paris west near "La Defense" and "Bois de Boulogne"
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7536/1000fgehryparismuseumuz7.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5041/d3a3lairsgehryre9elle2xr4.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5702/547385fgehrymuseumparislf4.jpg

Sinha
Apr 7, 2007, 6:15 PM
one tower in debate near "Mercuriales" towers
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4288/2gparismercurialesdsc03jn6.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6463/4412218186f8b314b5dolh4.jpg
tower ,Boulogne, 90m proposed
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6733/dsc01184tj1.jpg

Sinha
Apr 7, 2007, 6:29 PM
Levallois:2x165m proposed
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/521/titreyv2.jpg
Issy 97m proposed
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1373/projets006tourbouyguestzr3.jpg
Saint Denis near "Stade De France":100m-80m-60m proposed
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3417/39950167675ce2b544covk5.jpg

Sinha
Apr 10, 2007, 10:01 AM
Paris rive gauche:"school of architecture " by tomtom on PSS
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9782/s7000756bh2.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9780/s7000773vg6.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7403/s7000778vd3.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2325/s7000834vq8.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4090/s7000841kl5.jpg

Sinha
Apr 10, 2007, 10:28 PM
very nice photos by JP on SSC and PSS

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/6787/15ns0.jpg

brisavoine
Apr 11, 2007, 12:18 PM
This is a list of all office projects under construction in Central Paris and the inner suburbs (list as of October 2006). There are 93 office projects under construction, for a total area of 1,484,162 m² (15.9 million sq. ft) of office space, which is the largest volume of office space under construction in Europe at the moment.

Central Paris:
# Address Floor surface To be completed by
1- 19/25, PLACE VENDÔME 35,200 m² July 2008
2- 2 PLACE SKANDERBERG 26,833 m² June 2007
3- 27/29, RUE DE LA CONVENTION 21,135 m² Jan. 2008
4- 44/48, RUE DE CHÂTEAUDUN 18,032 m² June 2007
5- 11/23, RUE D'ALSACE 15,500 m² June 2008
6- 99/103BIS, RUE DE GRENELLE 14,500 m² July 2008
7- 15/19, RUE TRAVERSIÈRE 14,000 m² Dec. 2006
8- 82/90, AVENUE DE FRANCE 12,900 m² March 2007
9- 104/110, BD HAUSSMANN 12,200 m² July 2007
10- AV DE LA PORTE DES LILAS 12,000 m² June 2008
11- 23/25, RUE DE PROVENCE 11,081 m² Feb. 2007
12- 37, RUE DU LOUVRE 10,000 m² July 2007
13- 100/104, AVENUE DE FRANCE 9,312 m² Dec. 2006
14- 9, RUE DE LA CHAUS. D'ANTIN 6,500 m² Dec. 2007
15- 7/7BIS, RUE DE TÉHÉRAN 6,500 m² Dec. 2007
16- 39BIS/41, RUE DE CHÂTEAUDUN 6,029 m² June 2008
17- 31, AV PIERRE 1ER DE SERBIE 6,025 m² Dec. 2006
18- 13/15, RUE DE LA VILLE L'EVÊQUE 6,000 m² Feb. 2007
19- 18, RUE VIVIENNE 4,527 m² Dec. 2006
20- 4 PLACE DE L'OPÉRA 4,500 m² March 2007
21- 37/41, RUE DE LA VICTOIRE 3,915 m² Dec. 2006
22- 4, RUE DU GÉNÉRAL FOY 3,277 m² June 2007
23- 148, BD HAUSSMANN 3,150 m² Dec. 2006
24- 18BIS/20, AVENUE HOCHE 3,130 m² May 2007
25- 37, AVENUE GEORGE V 3,000 m² June 2007
26- 3BIS/5, RUE DE LA BAUME 2,798 m² Dec. 2007
Western business district (incl. La Défense):
# Project name Floor surface To be completed by
1- TOUR GRANITE 68,000 m² March 2008
2- TOUR T1 65,651 m² Feb. 2008
3- AVENUE DE L'EUROPE 63,000 m² July 2008
4- 2/8, AVENUE NEWTON 58,000 m² Dec. 2006
5- DÉFENSE OUEST 58,000 m² Apr. 2007
6- EOS GENERALI 44,000 m² July 2008
7- LE DELAGE (COEUR DE SEINE) 43,893 m² Apr. 2008
8- LE SPAZIO 36,000 m² Dec. 2008
9- LE TRIANUM 33,000 m² Sept. 2008
10- EURÊKA 32,000 m² June 2008
11- MEUDON CAMPUS 23,114 m² Jan. 2007
12- CNIT 2 22,877 m² Jan. 2008
13- LE TRAPÈZE D2 21,000 m² June 2008
14- IMMEUBLE B AV DE L'ARCHE 20,464 m² Aug. 2007
15- 24/32, BOULEVARD GALLIÉNI 19,030 m² Aug. 2007
16- TOUR ARIANE 5 16,410 m² Dec. 2006
17- 55, BD DE LA MIS. MARCHAND 16,400 m² Dec. 2006
18- PANORAMA SEINE 15,000 m² Feb. 2008
19- LE PRISME 14,700 m² Jan. 2007
20- VISTA 52 14,438 m² Dec. 2006
21- LE CARAT 14,000 m² Sept. 2007
22- 24, RUE VILLENEUVE 13,539 m² Dec. 2007
23- LE TRAPÈZE A2 13,500 m² July 2008
24- NEUILLY VICTOR HUGO 12,853 m² Apr. 2007
25- VECTORIAL IV 12,025 m² July 2007
26- LES ARCAS 11,968 m² Nov. 2006
27- 47/59, RUE CARNOT 10,500 m² June 2008
28- CARIE 9,300 m² March 2007
29- OPTIMUM 9,231 m² Dec. 2006
30- CARRÉ SUD 6,942 m² June 2008
31- 157, AV PIERRE BROSSOLETTE 6,625 m² Dec. 2006
32- 6, RUE DE BIÈVRE 5,270 m² Sept. 2007
33- 66, AV CHARLES DE GAULLE 5,000 m² Oct. 2007
34- BORDS DE SEINE 4,150 m² Jan. 2007
35- TRIÈDRE 3,748 m² June 2007
36- ILOT E.E 2,884 m² Oct. 2006
Inner suburbs (incl. St Denis):
# Project name Floor surface To be completed by
1- BERCY NOISY 33,362 m² June 2007
2- L'ARBORIAL 28 744 m² May 2007
3- FONTENAY-CARNOT 26,492 m² Aug. 2008
4- 7ÈME AVENUE 22,500 m² Apr. 2008
5- PORTES DE FRANCE 18,580 m² Sept. 2008
6- L'EUROPÉEN II 17,125 m² Feb. 2008
7- RUE DE VALMY 17,000 m² June 2007
8- PERSPECTIVES SUD 16,480 m² Jan. 2007
9- LE FLAVIA 16,060 m² Oct. 2007
10- PERSPECTIVES SUD 16,008 m² Jan. 2007
11- LES ALLÉES 15,500 m² Dec. 2007
12- LE BALTHAZAR 15,122 m² June 2007
13- ARC & CIEL 15,000 m² July 2007
14- PROXIMA MONTREUIL 13,376 m² Dec. 2007
15- RUE JEAN JAURÈS 11,500 m² Dec. 2007
16- VISIUM 11,310 m² July 2007
17- L'YVOIRE 11,228 m² June 2007
18- PARC D'AFFAIRES LOCATIF SILIC 10,800 m² Dec. 2007
19- LES RIVES DE SEINE 10,800 m² March 2007
20- LE CONFLUENT 8,500 m² June 2008
21- 122/126, BD VICTOR HUGO 6,745 m² Dec. 2007
22- LE COPERNIC 6,655 m² Dec. 2006
23- LE RICHEMONT 6,000 m² Feb. 2008
24- 20, RUE DE PARIS 6,000 m² Dec. 2007
25- AV DE LA VICTOIRE 5,000 m² Apr. 2007
26- BUSINESS PLACE 4,650 m² Jan. 2007
27- LE PODIUM 4,400 m² June 2007
28- LE CESARE 3,500 m² Dec. 2007
29- SOGARIS RUNGIS 2,569 m² Dec. 2006
30- CENTRE LOGISTIQUE FRET AÉRIEN 2,500 m² Jan. 2007
31- AVENUE FOCH ST MAUR 2,100 m² Oct. 2006

brisavoine
Apr 11, 2007, 12:30 PM
The two largest office projects currently under construction are the Granite Tower and T1 Tower in La Défense.
The third largest is an office development located on Avenue de l'Europe in Bois-Colombes, located 2 km. (1.5 miles)
north-east of La Défense.

Here's more information on that office project:
Architect: Jean-Paul Viguier.
Developer: Sefri Cime

63,061 m² of usable floor space; underground parking with 1,103 parking spaces on two underground levels;
to be delivered by the 2nd semester of 2008.

Utilities: raised floors; air conditioning provided by fan coils with individual control; office floor sizes: 18 to 20 meters by
1.35 meters; eating area; restaurant-club; auditorium; fitness; accessible terraces.

In close proximity to La Défense, in the heart of the new Les Bruyères district where the headquarters of Colgate-Palmolive
and AVIVA are already located, it is an office development made up of five buildings around a central private park.
The train station of Bécon-Les Bruyères, with trains going from La Défense to Saint-Lazare station in Central Paris, is
located 350 meters (380 yards) from the development.

Map of the area showing the five buildings u/c (in red) around the central private park.
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8871/europe1ju2.jpg

Rendering showing the general outline of the place once completed:
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8593/europe2wx0.jpg

More renderings:

http://www.sefri-cime.fr/common/xsl/b2c/sefricime/picts/ent_p1_1.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7568/europe3wo6.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9506/europe4ga8.jpg

The site just before construction started:
Scroll>>
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9725/europe5dx8.jpg

Under construction (pictures taken a few weeks ago):
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5771/europe7ip1.jpg

Scroll>>
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1485/europe6mj9.jpg

Fabb
Apr 12, 2007, 2:59 PM
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6463/4412218186f8b314b5dolh4.jpg

I counted 65 floors.
Too good to be true.
I bet it'll be drastically reduced or abandonned.

Minato Ku
Apr 12, 2007, 3:13 PM
As I know it is only a vision for skyscrapers in Porte de Bagnolet.