PDA

View Full Version : MIAMI | Development Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

vasklar
Sep 5, 2006, 3:37 AM
Point taken. However, let's examine an example closer to home-- the American Airlines Arena. Every time there is a game or a concert, downtown Miami fills up with people and with traffic. Unfortunately, most of them jam pack the area right around the arena during game time, mainly spending money on parking in the surrounding lots. Once the game is over, they get right back in their cars or on the train, and depending on whether or not the home team won, they will either head to South Beach/the Grove to celebrate, or to their homes depressed that their team lost.

Sports venues do bring people to downtown, and there may be a modest increase in the downtown economy due to the rare sportsfan that may stay in the area to shop or eat. But most will be too tired and too drained economically after a game to stay in the area. Their stomachs will be full with pretzels and hot dogs, and they will be tired from a long game and lots of beer.

Instead of attaining the modest gains that a stadium would bring the downtown economy (not too mention the huge eyesore that a stadium creates without any real pedestrian/street-level commercial venues) it would be better to put that ammount of land to use retaining residents in the area 24/7. Given the current lack of any affordable housing downtown, it may be wiser to develop middle and low income subsidized housing in the area. These people will shop and live in the area, utilizing its grocery stores, hamburger joints, parks, restaurants on occassion, delis, etc. A thriving city cannot be built for the economic elite alone, nor solely for pilgramaging sports fans.

BornInTheGrove
Sep 5, 2006, 5:27 AM
it may be wiser to develop middle and low income subsidized housing in the area.
Why not both? There's plenty of land available. Why not both?

Topher1
Sep 5, 2006, 3:49 PM
^^

It's a bit unfair to use American Airlines Arena to say that a downtown ballpark would be unsuccessful in Miami. The fault in this instance is not with Miamian's in general, it's with AAA...

AAA is a beautiful structure no doubt, but it is not typical of the newest trends in sports facility construction. It was designed to be an icon from the bay... not from the street. Huge stairs and wide plazas detach the arena from the city. If architects look to structures like the AAA for inspiration, then you're right, it will be a waste.

The design is a complete contrast from new successful ballparks, like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and San Diego. These parks truly are integrated into their neighborhoods and include lots of street level amenities (mostly restaurants and sports-themed stores).

From a recent trip to Pittsburgh, here's a few points that I thought illustrated PNC park's amazing success.

-Downtown filled up hours before the game. Pointe Park was very busy, large crowds strolled downtown, businesses seemed very busy. The bridge to the stadium had been closed to auto traffic and lined with vendors. The stadium itself is lined with outdoor restaurants and vendors, and there were people everywhere. The great atmosphere downtown even attracts a good number of non-game attendees. Even during the game, the city seems more alive. Intanglible things, like the roar of the crowd across the river bring so much energy to the town.

- Spin-off development abounds in the area. The design of the stadium encourages people to stay in the area after the game, rather than funneling them to their cars, and thus the neighborhood can support a lot of new businesses. In turn, the increase in amenities has made the area more attractive for residential development.

- The stadium itself is an attraction. It generates foot traffic on non-gamedays. Tourists walk across the bridge to see the stadium. They take pictures, they check out the baseball memorabilia. It's obviously nowhere near the gameday traffic, but enough business is generated to support area businesses when there is no game.

- Possibly most importantly, it's a point of pride. Pittsburghers are very proud of the success of their stadium. It's something that they can rally around and support whole-heartedly. Civic pride is huge for the allure and draw of a downtown area. The park gives Pittsburghers another reason to be proud of and support their great city.

Going back to AAA, I still think it has the opportunity to be a positive catalyst for the area. As more entertainment venues come online downtown (such as Met Square), there will be reason for more and more fans to eschew places like the Grove and the Beach for the emerging downtown scene. Currently it feels almost like a detached entity from the rest of downtown, but the area is filling in more and more, and becoming the kind of place that fans will actually want to stay around.

BornInTheGrove
Sep 6, 2006, 7:35 AM
bump

MiamiJR
Sep 6, 2006, 4:45 PM
Work to begin early in '07 on Watson Island's Flagstone project
By Deserae del Campo
Groundbreaking for the $480 million Flagstone Island Gardens hotel-retail development on Watson Island is due early next year. Chairman and CEO Mehmet Bayraktar said Flagstone Property Group plans to open the project in late 2009 or early 2010.
No leases are signed for the 221,000 square feet of retail, he said. "As far as the retailers or restaurants coming to the project, we are talking to many that are interested. But I'm unable to disclose any information at this time. No one has signed leases yet."
He said there could be about 50 stores.
Island Gardens is to showcase two luxury hotels and a 50-slip marina accommodating yachts up to 450 feet long.
Miami commissioners granted Flagstone a 75-year lease in 2001. The Miami Beach developer received its major use special permit in July 2004.
Two hotels signed on last year. The Westin Miami at Island Gardens is to feature 350 rooms and the Shangri-La Hotel 147 and about 100 timeshare units of two and four bedrooms and a 20,000-square-foot spa.
"The Shangri-La tower is going to have fractional residential units, also known as residents club units, that are fully furnished but not considered condos," Mr. Bayraktar said.
"Basically, the unit is going to be offered at a one-seventh-price share," he said. "There can be potentially up to seven owners for each unit, and the owners can schedule the time they want to be there. It will be very flexible. You can decide to stay for the weekend or two weeks at a time under a reservation system."
The project is running smoothly, he said. "There have been no hurdles considering the pure size of the development. We don't have just one building but mixed-use projects consisting of six or seven different parts that include retail, dining, a marina and hotel. We have pulled all the major permits for the project."

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 10, 2006, 2:41 AM
Is the Shangri-La tower still planned at 535 feet tall? Emporis has yet to list it, but what else is new. Steve:cool:

bobdreamz
Sep 15, 2006, 4:04 PM
Developer to Break Ground on Luxury Mixed-Use Development in Miami
By Kelly Sheehan, Online News Editor

AUGUST 29, 2006 -- Miami -- Cabi Developers, a local construction company, is scheduled to break ground at the end of the year on Capital Brickell, a luxury mixed-use community, designed by Fullerton Diaz Architects, located here. Construction is slated for completion in 2009, Cessie Ceratto, a spokesperson for the project, told MHN.

Nick Luaces Design Associates will design the project’s interior and marketing and sales are being handled by Marka-Tech Associates. Units have been on sale since the summer of 2005.

The cosmopolitan development, which is in the Brickell financial district at 1420 South Miami Ave., will have views of Simpson Park, Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline. The development will consist of two residential towers that have been designed with contemporary architecture. The 53- and 57-story towers will also be located on 2.6 acres of land.

The towers will feature 864 condominium studio, loft, one-, two- and three-bedroom units. The development will also include more than 97,000 square feet of office space along with more than 47,000 square feet of retail space that will include restaurants, shops and service-oriented businesses.

“Our neoclassical skyscraper design is reminiscent of the Chrysler Tower and the Empire State Building which gives Capital at Brickell a true New York look and feel,” said Jacobo Cababie, principal of Cabi Developers. “This lavishly indulging recreational deck will bring home the South Florida touch of resort-style, luxury living. It’s our way to combine the best of both worlds.”

Units are priced from $400,000 to over $1 million and range from 1,000 to 2,2000 square feet. Amenities will include private balconies with glass or metal railings, nine-foot ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, washing and drying machines, Smart Technology panels and assigned parking. Units’ kitchens will feature stainless steel appliances, European cabinetry and granite countertops. Master bathrooms will have marble floors, designer fixtures and frameless shower enclosures.

Residents will have access to a gated entrance to the complex’s garage, security system, 24-hour valet service, three-level fitness center and health spa, basketball court and lounge with party, card and billiards room. The towers will also feature a theatre, pool deck, cabanas, pool bar, whirlpool, café, gourmet grocery store, beauty salon and dry cleaners.

Copyright 2005 Multi-Housing News

http://img109.echo.cx/img109/2891/sma14tp.jpg

http://img109.echo.cx/img109/9241/sma26qs.jpg

finally this is good news since supposedly this project was rumored to be dead! :banana:

thanks to dave8721 for the article.

Dale
Sep 15, 2006, 5:01 PM
This is why you can't listen to the doomsayers.

BornInTheGrove
Sep 18, 2006, 2:00 AM
as it was pointed out in SSC, the article says the development is scheduled ... we won't know for sure until it actually happens

dave8721
Sep 18, 2006, 12:58 PM
The new 6-building Omni Mall redevelopment project has started its way through permitting. They are going before the planning board on the 20th. The tallest of the 6 towers will be 644 feet tall and the shortest will be 584 feet. It will total 4208 condos and 350k sqft of retail.

(On the Park and Related's Mercy Hospital condo tower will be going for approval as well)
http://egov.ci.miami.fl.us/meetings/2006/9/1328_A_Planning_Advisory_Board_06-09-20_Agenda_Short.pdf

The omni redevelopment:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/omni.jpg

dave8721
Sep 18, 2006, 1:01 PM
Here is a pdf of the Mercy Hospital development (300 Grove Bay Residences). It will top out at 411 feet tall (in that neighborhood?):

http://egov.ci.miami.fl.us/Legistarweb/Attachments/28263.pdf

The Mad Hatter
Sep 18, 2006, 8:40 PM
The omni mall looks way to reminiscent of one miami...or atleast the renderings of one miami. And i personally don't like it, but its not like its going to get built anyways.

Paul305
Sep 18, 2006, 9:00 PM
I've never seen that pic of the Omni Mall project before. It really shows how small the towers will make the 33 floor Venetia (on the far right) look. But as long as they don’t block Patty’s view of Downtown (or…um… “put the historic Venetian causeway at serious risk of decline”) I think they have a decent chance of being built.

Also, I cropped a photo from the pdf Dave provided of the Mercy Hospital development:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/paulmoor/mercyhospital.jpg

Btw, Dave, how was your trip?

arch photographer
Sep 18, 2006, 9:15 PM
How does the OMNI drawing look like ONE Miami? It looks a little bit like Canyon Ranch, or a little like ICON Brickell, but nothing like One Miami. Anyone know the architect? Arquitectonica? It would be nice to take some attantion away from the uninspired 70's? designs of the Venetia and the Grand. That cluster of buildings has none of the dynamism, or elegance that the new Miami is bringing.

dave8721
Sep 19, 2006, 8:10 PM
The floundering Met project just received financing from a new investor....Shaq?!?!?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15556864.htm

Shaq enters Miami real estate market

BY MATTHEW HAGGMAN
mhaggman@MiamiHerald.com

Shaquille O'Neal is taking his game to downtown Miami, but in the real estate market rather than the hard court.

The Miami Heat star announced Tuesday the formation of The O'Neal Group, a real estate company, to organize his current property holdings and invest in new projects. His first venture: investing in a real estate development called Met Miami that encompasses three blocks in the heart of Miami's downtown.

''People sometimes ask me who is my favorite athlete. They expect me to say Chamberlain, Russell, Kareem,'' said O''Neal, ticking off the names of former basketball greats. ``But I say Dave Bing, because he did great things after basketball.'' Bing, a prolific scoring guard now enshrined in basketball's Hall of Fame, runs a multimillion-dollar steel business in Detroit.

O`Neal said he wants to make a similar mark in Miami, and intends to keep a home here after his basketball career ends. However, the big man destined for the Hall of Fame said his primary residence will remain in Orlando, a central Florida city he has called home since launching his professional basketball career with the Orlando Magic.

Neither O`Neal Group Vice President Christopher Handy nor Met Miami developer Luis Pulenta would provide specifics about the financial arrangement between O'Neal and the developer. But each said it involved a significant financial investment by the Heat center in the project.

The Mad Hatter
Sep 19, 2006, 8:21 PM
Am i suppose to laugh or what? shaq a real estate investor is this just MDM trying to get more PR? BECAUSE IF IT IS THEY'RE DONE STICK A FORK IN UMMM...

arch it reminds me of the first released rendering of one miami, which featured the same glass and similar details, but the final product was hedious, the first bulding on the left looks almost like a replica., also it looks very similar to there project at 1400 biscayne which is scary since arquitectonica is basically designing every building on biscayne, yet im not looking anything there doing except marinablue.
http://www.condomar.com/images/one-miami.jpg

brickell
Sep 19, 2006, 8:22 PM
MAM chooses Herzog and de Meuron for the new building.

http://southflorida.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2006/09/18/daily8.html?surround=lfn

can't wait to see some renderings.

Dale
Sep 19, 2006, 8:45 PM
Am i suppose to laugh or what? shaq a real estate investor is this just MDM trying to get more PR? BECAUSE IF IT IS THEY'RE DONE STICK A FORK IN UMMM...

arch it reminds me of the first released rendering of one miami, which featured the same glass and similar details, but the final product was hedious, the first bulding on the left looks almost like a replica., also it looks very similar to there project at 1400 biscayne which is scary since arquitectonica is basically designing every building on biscayne, yet im not looking anything there doing except marinablue.
http://www.condomar.com/images/one-miami.jpg

Why so cynical, Mad. It's not like Shaq doesn't have the bling to give the project a boost.

BornInTheGrove
Sep 20, 2006, 3:24 AM
on a day the servers were all screwed up on SSC, they actually posted my miami banner. imma get to enjoy it for the next 40 minutes...

Dale
Sep 20, 2006, 12:58 PM
Hatter ?

brickell
Sep 20, 2006, 1:15 PM
don't forget that Magic Johnson has done rather well for himself in real estate (it seems). There is a precedent here. It just depends on who's managing the money for them.

Dale
Sep 20, 2006, 1:47 PM
don't forget that Magic Johnson has done rather well for himself in real estate (it seems). There is a precedent here. It just depends on who's managing the money for them.

Yes, it's hard for me to see how Shaq and his money can be anything other than a blessing for Met.

brickell
Sep 20, 2006, 3:08 PM
More on the O'Neal group in today's Herald

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15559482.htm
Shaq takes on real estate market
Heat star Shaquille O'Neal has launched a real estate and development company called The O'Neal Group.
BY MATTHEW HAGGMAN
mhaggman@MiamiHerald.com
ALLEY-OOP: Shaquille O'Neal announces his real estate venture with partner Luis Pulenta, developer of Met Miami and a principal at Miami-based MDM Development.
PATRICK FARRELL/MIAMI HERALD STAFF"
ALLEY-OOP: Shaquille O'Neal announces his real estate venture with partner Luis Pulenta, developer of Met Miami and a principal at Miami-based MDM Development.

* Video | O'Neill launches real estate company

Shaquille O'Neal is taking his game to downtown Miami, but in the real estate market rather than the hard court.

The Miami Heat star announced Tuesday the formation of The O'Neal Group, a real estate company, to organize his property holdings and invest in new projects. His first venture: investing in a billion-dollar development called Met Miami that encompasses three blocks in the heart of downtown.

''People sometimes ask me who is my favorite athlete. They expect me to say Chamberlain, Russell, Kareem,'' said O'Neal, ticking off the names of former basketball greats. ``But I say Dave Bing, because he did great things after basketball.''

Bing, a prolific scoring guard now enshrined in basketball's Hall of Fame, runs a multimillion-dollar steel business in Detroit and is a civic leader there.

O'Neal said he wants to make a similar mark in Miami and intends to keep a home here after his basketball career. However, O'Neal said his primary residence will remain in Orlando, which he has called home since launching his professional basketball career with the Orlando Magic.

FINANCE SILENCE

Neither The O'Neal Group Vice President Christopher Handy nor Met Miami developer Luis Pulenta would provide specifics about financial arrangements. But each said they involved a significant financial investment by the Heat center.

''This is not a fee arrangement, I am partners with the gentleman to my right,'' said O'Neal, referring to Pulenta, who is a principal at Miami-based MDM Development. The O'Neal Group said it would also assist in marketing the project.

Plans for the Met Miami call for two condominium towers, an office and Marriott Marquis hotel, upscale shopping and a movie theater.

Retailers include the grocery store Whole Foods, and O'Neal plans to bring in his 24-Hour Fitness/Shaq Ultra Sport workout facility.

The project is going on land that once housed the historic Royal Palm Hotel built by industrialist Henry Flagler.

The condo tower Met One at Biscayne Boulevard and Biscayne Way is under construction, and preliminary work is underway for the other buildings.

O'Neal said he has invested in real estate for more than a decade, including strip malls and residential rental properties. The company is targeting mixed-use projects that focus on what Handy called ''integrated living'' and is exploring several other deals.

MAGIC'S FOOTSTEPS

O'Neal is not the first NBA star to move into real estate.

Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson, the former guard who led the Los Angeles Lakers to five NBA championships, launched Canyon-Johnson Urban Funds after his playing career ended. That fund, with nearly $1 billion in capital, has focused on urban renewal projects across the country. Johnson's South Florida investments include the Downtown Dadeland condo and retail project in Kendall.

''This lovely thing we do, we can't do forever,'' O'Neal said, who won his fourth NBA title this year after the Miami Heat beat the Dallas Mavericks in six games. ``We've scoured the country to find an appropriate venue through which we could launch the O'Neal Group and ultimately decided that the best place to start was in our own backyard.''

brickell
Sep 20, 2006, 3:16 PM
while we're at it,

Glenn Straubb, owner of the old Miami Arena is now sueing to block the sale that he agreed to earlier. The developers he sold it to planned to flip to MLB for the new Marlins stadium. The stadium has apparently been in the works for a while. Straubb could end up being a major road block to a new downtown ballpark.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15559483.htm

It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Dale
Sep 20, 2006, 6:13 PM
this Straub fellow is not going quietly into the night, is he ?

brickell
Sep 20, 2006, 10:41 PM
Met3 towers over Shaq.

http://www.miami.com/images/miami/miamiherald/15564/242240211704.jpg

Dale
Sep 20, 2006, 11:27 PM
This is actually pretty cool.

Dale
Sep 21, 2006, 2:47 AM
And how indebted would Miami be if Shaq got Miami its first NBA championship and also got its new tallest built in the course of a year ?

What next ? Mayor ?

Dale
Sep 21, 2006, 3:27 AM
I hear this story was on FOX News tonight. They made reference to 'the tallest residential building south of NYC'.

BornInTheGrove
Sep 21, 2006, 3:27 AM
lol... he'll be sooo popular, we'll elect him Sheriff

skyscraperfan23
Sep 21, 2006, 5:07 AM
Met3 towers over Shaq.

http://www.miami.com/images/miami/miamiherald/15564/242240211704.jpg

:haha: That's Funny

skyscraperfan23
Sep 21, 2006, 5:09 AM
More on the O'Neal group in today's Herald

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15559482.htm
Shaq takes on real estate market
Heat star Shaquille O'Neal has launched a real estate and development company called The O'Neal Group.
BY MATTHEW HAGGMAN
mhaggman@MiamiHerald.com
PATRICK FARRELL/MIAMI HERALD STAFF"

* Video | O'Neill launches real estate company

The Miami Heat star announced Tuesday the formation of The O'Neal Group, a real estate company, to organize his property holdings and invest in new projects. His first venture: investing in a billion-dollar development called Met Miami that encompasses three blocks in the heart of downtown.

''People sometimes ask me who is my favorite athlete. They expect me to say Chamberlain, Russell, Kareem,'' said O'Neal, ticking off the names of former basketball greats. ``But I say Dave Bing, because he did great things after basketball.''

Bing, a prolific scoring guard now enshrined in basketball's Hall of Fame, runs a multimillion-dollar steel business in Detroit and is a civic leader there.

O'Neal said he wants to make a similar mark in Miami and intends to keep a home here after his basketball career. However, O'Neal said his primary residence will remain in Orlando, which he has called home since launching his professional basketball career with the Orlando Magic.

FINANCE SILENCE

Neither The O'Neal Group Vice President Christopher Handy nor Met Miami developer Luis Pulenta would provide specifics about financial arrangements. But each said they involved a significant financial investment by the Heat center.

''This is not a fee arrangement, I am partners with the gentleman to my right,'' said O'Neal, referring to Pulenta, who is a principal at Miami-based MDM Development. The O'Neal Group said it would also assist in marketing the project.

Plans for the Met Miami call for two condominium towers, an office and Marriott Marquis hotel, upscale shopping and a movie theater.

Retailers include the grocery store Whole Foods, and O'Neal plans to bring in his 24-Hour Fitness/Shaq Ultra Sport workout facility.

The project is going on land that once housed the historic Royal Palm Hotel built by industrialist Henry Flagler.

The condo tower Met One at Biscayne Boulevard and Biscayne Way is under construction, and preliminary work is underway for the other buildings.

O'Neal said he has invested in real estate for more than a decade, including strip malls and residential rental properties. The company is targeting mixed-use projects that focus on what Handy called ''integrated living'' and is exploring several other deals.

MAGIC'S FOOTSTEPS

O'Neal is not the first NBA star to move into real estate.

Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson, the former guard who led the Los Angeles Lakers to five NBA championships, launched Canyon-Johnson Urban Funds after his playing career ended. That fund, with nearly $1 billion in capital, has focused on urban renewal projects across the country. Johnson's South Florida investments include the Downtown Dadeland condo and retail project in Kendall.

''This lovely thing we do, we can't do forever,'' O'Neal said, who won his fourth NBA title this year after the Miami Heat beat the Dallas Mavericks in six games. ``We've scoured the country to find an appropriate venue through which we could launch the O'Neal Group and ultimately decided that the best place to start was in our own backyard.''

That's Why I Love shaq.

umiami305
Sep 21, 2006, 6:44 AM
Shaq being involved with the Metropolitan Miami project is good news. Why all the haters? Now it really looks like will be able to see MET 3's beautiful legs MDM has been advertising us.

arch photographer
Sep 21, 2006, 10:34 AM
The power that people like Shaq has is almost immeasurable. Look at AIR Jordans. He'll get half of the HEAT to buy discounted units there, and then there will be ten thousand CEO's with money coming out their ears who never landed a swish in their lives, until they got behind a corporate desk, and they will but units and think that they are players, for the HEAT and the other kind of player.

Paul305
Sep 21, 2006, 4:36 PM
And how indebted would Miami be if Shaq got Miami its first NBA championship and also got its new tallest built in the course of a year ? I think Shaq already qualifies as Miami's tallest built...

dave8721
Sep 21, 2006, 8:29 PM
Some Herald webcam updates:

Apogee & Continuum II on South Beach:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/apogee.jpg

The 2 Avenue towers:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/avenue-1.jpg

A glimpse of one of the Axis towers:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/axis-1.jpg

The Biscayne Wall (MarinaBlue, 900 Biscayne, 10 MP, & Marquis)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/biscwall.jpg

Brickell on the River 2 & the 2 500 Brickell towers:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/bor2.jpg

groundwork at the Capital at Brickell site:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/capital.jpg

the 2 Everglades on the Bay towers & 50 Biscayne peeking in as well:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/everglades-1.jpg

part of Icon:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/icon.jpg

The first Infinity tower:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/infinity-1.jpg

Ivy & Wind:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/ivywind-1.jpg

Completed NeoVertika, Latitude almost topped off and Latitude One office building U/C:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/latitude.jpg

Loft 2
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/loft2-1.jpg

Met 1
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/met1-1.jpg

Met 2 & 3 making good parking lots & Epic going vertical:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/met23-1.jpg

Midtown:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/midtown-1.jpg

Opera Tower:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/opera-1.jpg

The 2 Plaza on Brickell towers:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/plaza-1.jpg

Some west Brickell construction:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/dave8721/westbrickell.jpg

brickell
Sep 21, 2006, 8:33 PM
good job. Are those all from today?

dave8721
Sep 21, 2006, 8:37 PM
good job. Are those all from today?

Yep from this afternoon actually.

BornInTheGrove
Sep 21, 2006, 8:47 PM
Wow, awesome shots dave. Good job and thanx for the update.

I recently passed by Midtown traveling on I-195 on my way to the beach, and i noticed how far along the Midtown project is. They already have these big giant letters facing the expressway proclaiming 'M-I-D-T-O-W-N'

The Mad Hatter
Sep 21, 2006, 10:15 PM
brickell-quote
"MAM chooses Herzog and de Meuron for the new building.
http://southflorida.bizjournals.com/...l?surround=lfn
can't wait to see some renderings."

Why is no one excited about this...this should of been frontpage news....Back when i heard that the MAM was trying to choose an architect to design the new building first name that popped in was Herzog de Meuron, they're great....some pictures of there work...Hopefully the museum people dont get cheap.
http://www.ethlife.ethz.ch/images/stadionpeking-l.jpg
http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/transformingtm/images/default_viewfromsouth.jpg

scguy
Sep 21, 2006, 11:01 PM
Wow there is SOOO much going on in Miami now it is unreal. Last week, driving north on 95 I scanned the skyline and there were cranes up in every single direction....from every angle!
Way to go Miami!

Busy Bee
Sep 21, 2006, 11:21 PM
I heard someone say on a TV show about the Beijing Olympics that the stadium by H&dM COULD NOT be built in the US. The construction cost for a super-engineered innovative structure like this in the US would be prohibitively expensive—like 3-4 Billion.

The Chinese can built it for cheaper, but there is also another motivation that doesn't compare to the US in that, like Dubai, the Chinese are building this to show off to the world that they've "arrived"... they have something to prove. I wish that the US still had something to prove.http://images.skyscraperpage.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

umiami305
Sep 22, 2006, 12:17 AM
I went by the Carnival Centre tonight and each level of the stone work that creates the shell of the PAC is illuminated with white lighting. It really does a lot to help that bland stone work.

hi123
Sep 22, 2006, 12:22 AM
is met 2 still parking ? or has work progressed?

umiami305
Sep 22, 2006, 1:14 AM
Met 2 has started, Met 3 is still a parking lot.

brickell
Sep 22, 2006, 2:26 AM
Mad Hatter, I'm also suprised that it didn't make bigger news. I'm sure once we have some renderings or something more concrete it'll start making waves. Maybe we are a little sour because the overruns of the PAC and the Airport.

ps. I hope you all stick around for a while. We need more Miami around here.

Dale
Sep 22, 2006, 2:34 AM
Don't look now, but a couple of city councilman up here want to move the Marlins to Orlando. I'll try to keep you abreast of developments.

Dale
Sep 22, 2006, 3:08 AM
brickell-quote
"MAM chooses Herzog and de Meuron for the new building.
http://southflorida.bizjournals.com/...l?surround=lfn
can't wait to see some renderings."

Why is no one excited about this...this should of been frontpage news....Back when i heard that the MAM was trying to choose an architect to design the new building first name that popped in was Herzog de Meuron, they're great....some pictures of there work...Hopefully the museum people dont get cheap.
http://www.ethlife.ethz.ch/images/stadionpeking-l.jpg
http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/transformingtm/images/default_viewfromsouth.jpg

I guess this means the museum won't be med tile ? :yes:

brickell
Sep 22, 2006, 4:08 AM
Don't look now, but a couple of city councilman up here want to move the Marlins to Orlando. I'll try to keep you abreast of developments.

No offense to Orlando, but this would would have less of a chance than the San Antonio bid. Didn't they have a problem keeping the minor league Rays in town?

Dale
Sep 22, 2006, 4:19 AM
No offense to Orlando, but this would would have less of a chance than the San Antonio bid. Didn't they have a problem keeping the minor league Rays in town?

I'm not sure why we lost the minor league team. I will say this: even though I'm not for whoring after a greedy outfit like the Marlins (how long would it be before they held Orlando hostage ?), it wouldn't be hard to sell more tickets for the Marlins than Miami did. I swear, whenever I watch a Marlins games there are about 17 people in the stands.

kardon
Sep 22, 2006, 4:21 AM
Just got back from a 5 day cruise...driving through the Downtown area of Miami..the cranes were impressive. Im a mortgage broker. Been in the business for 10 years. The writing is on the wall for miami..there is NO WAY the miami market can support that many condos coming on the market. The sky isnt falling, but the miami market is def a bubble market. It looks good, but its gonna be a bad deal for any investors. I support healthy growth...not abnormal growth. Anyone who disagrees is chewing on "hometown" fantasies. The new buildings will look neat!

Dale
Sep 22, 2006, 4:34 AM
Just got back from a 5 day cruise...driving through the Downtown area of Miami..the cranes were impressive. Im a mortgage broker. Been in the business for 10 years. The writing is on the wall for miami..there is NO WAY the miami market can support that many condos coming on the market. The sky isnt falling, but the miami market is def a bubble market. It looks good, but its gonna be a bad deal for any investors. I support healthy growth...not abnormal growth. Anyone who disagrees is chewing on "hometown" fantasies. The new buildings will look neat!

There is no such thing as a real estate 'bubble'. We've had extensive discussions about the concept over on SSC.

And dave produced a chart a while back in which he broke up highrises constructed since about, I think 1950, into five year increments. The chart demonstrated that at no time has highrise construction in Miami stopped. Ebbed and flowed, yes, but never stopped.

dave8721
Sep 22, 2006, 12:18 PM
Met 2 has started, Met 3 is still a parking lot.

Met2 sure looks like a parking lot in the webcam picture i posted yesterday....

umiami305
Sep 22, 2006, 11:48 PM
Met2 sure looks like a parking lot in the webcam picture i posted yesterday....
They got the crane and the pilings driver set up at the Met 2 site. They even moved the Metropolitan Miami sales center building accross the street onto the Met Square site.

Dale
Sep 23, 2006, 2:25 AM
Thanks, u. What do you make of the comment one forumer made that it looks like dirt has been pushed around more on the Met 3 lot than on the Met 2 lot ?

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 23, 2006, 3:47 AM
Enough already! I'll just go look for myself tomorrow, and regardless of what the market is doing, what is already under construction is quite incredible! There has probably been nothing like this in this country! I don't think either New York or Chicago ever had so much construction going on at one time, and the more powerful developers are going to want to make their mark on the new Miami in spite of everything, so no doubt we will see more projects rise as others fail! We've only seen the first or second wave of this high-rise construction tsunami that is going to continue on into the next decade. No doubt now that with Shaq and his buddies on the band wagon, we will see both Met 2 & 3 under construction soon and built maybe even taller than the current specs. :cool:

umiami305
Sep 23, 2006, 3:53 AM
Well going back a month or two, there was a crane that sat in the corner of the Met 3 site while bulldozers started moving earth around on this site. Which is what caused the chatter about Met 3 "finally breaking ground". I also thought it was official. I think anyone who saw these pics I took would come to the same conclusion.
MET 3 SITE
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/8163/dsc038669uq.png
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/3528/dsc038655eh.png

Then all the action on the Met 3 lot suddenly stopped and the cars re-emerged and brought back the famous parking lot.
MET 3 FAMOUS PARKING LOT
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4719/dsc037937bs.png

Now, as previously stated, a crane and pile driving device have set up in working position on the Met 2 site and the Metropolitan Miami Sales building was moved from the Met 2 site accross the street to the Met Square site.

I will try to get some pics because you cannot get a good angle from the web cams on the Met site, specifically the Met 2 tract of land. To be cont....

Dale
Sep 23, 2006, 4:21 AM
Wow ! Talk about on-the-spot reporting !

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 23, 2006, 3:12 PM
I saw a crane on the Ice2/Element site too at the beginning of the year, and pilings were drilled into the ground at the Onyx2 site, but I'm still waiting to see something rise out of the ground at both sites. Would love to see 500+ feet buildings extending as far north as 31st Street and the Bay (Element). What a skyline that would make! Last I heard, both those projects were resold as plans and property packaged deals.

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 23, 2006, 8:50 PM
They got the crane and the pilings driver set up at the Met 2 site. They even moved the Metropolitan Miami sales center building accross the street onto the Met Square site.

Yes, it is true! :tup: I went into the sales office today, which was sitting on top of wheels and concrete blocks across the street from where they were. The sales representatives said they were ready to rock and roll on both Met 2 & 3! :) Infinity II indeed is NOT under construction even though it is listed as such by Emporis. What else is new? I went into the sales office, which is sitting where Infinity II is supposed to be built, and the sales representative there told me they were not due to start construction until March of next year. The Capital I & II site is laden with construction materials, though no cranes yet and looks poised to start any time now. I still lament the original specs of 805 feet. With the Four Seasons at 789 feet. Capital I & II could at least go 100 feet taller than the current specs and keep the FAA and MIA happy. Onyx2 is truly dead with the sales office surrounded by a rusting fence and overrun with tall weeds, an awful sight. There is a "For Sale" sign on the site for the property, plans, and permits, not the units. :( I went by the Opera Tower sales office and picked up some literature that puts them topping off at 60 stories instead of 56 as listed by Emporis. Not sure if that means taller in feet than the original specs or not. There is still nothing going on at the Element (formerly Ice2) site, but the lot itself is begging for a huge development project. The lot could hold 3 towers. :cool:

Dale
Sep 23, 2006, 8:57 PM
Great news ! Thanks for the footwork.

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 23, 2006, 10:07 PM
Dale, It is great news for the most part! It looks as though all 3 Met projects will be built as well as Infinity II, and Capital I & II. I think Villa Magna is doing well, being the last prime Brickell bayfront property and should start construction soon as well, but of the 4 projects approved over 500 feet tall north of the Quantum development (Element/formerly Ice2, Onyx2, Platinum on the Bay, and Soleil) not a one has made it out of the ground in an area I think has great potential. If I were a developer, the Element site would have me drooling. I would love to see a 2-tower project like Villa Magna or Quantum go there. Steve

Dale
Sep 23, 2006, 11:24 PM
Yes, if all of Met, Infinity II, Capital Brickell and Villa Magna get built ... I'll be very happy with this boom!

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 23, 2006, 11:46 PM
Yes, if all of Met, Infinity II, Capital Brickell and Villa Magna get built ... I'll be very happy with this boom!

YES! That would make for 7 more buildings over 500 feet tall that are not currently under construction, and I do think all of them will get built at the very least. With what is already under construction, that will give us quite an impressive skyline, and we are still only in the beginning phases of this boom. The 3rd most dynamic skyline in the country is almost assured for Miami now, but I would still like to see a 1,000+ footer somewhere in the city if we can't get Empire World past the FAA and MIA! I think enough people with money and power want to make it happen!:tup: I have left a message with the answering service for Element asking when actual construction will begin! Apparently, Element is not dead! At least not yet! I will let you know when and what I hear from them, so stay tuned to the site. We need projects like Element to balance out the skyline on the north end. It's getting a bit too Brickell-heavy! I'm not being shy about this building boom anymore. I'm getting to the bottom of it. I'm not as tall as Shaq, and I can't play basketball, but I walk into sales offices like I've got $100,000,000 and ask them when are you going to build this thing. Steve :)

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 24, 2006, 10:09 PM
I heard from a representative of Element today. Element is dead as is apparently every development project north of Quantum that never started construction. The rising cost of materials due to increased demand killed a lot of projects that didn't get their act together soon enough. We won't see a lot of projects get out of the ground for that reason. I was also told that Capital II has hardly sold at all. It's all kind of sad news for the boom.

skyscraperfan23
Sep 24, 2006, 10:12 PM
I heard from a representative of Element today. Element is dead as is apparently every development project north of Quantum that never started construction. The rising cost of materials due to increased demand killed a lot of projects that didn't get their act together soon enough. We won't see a lot of projects get out of the ground for that reason. I was also told that Capital II has hardly sold at all. It's all kind of sad news for the boom.

That's because the condo boom has officially busted and we have to wait 2 more years to turn it around.

BornInTheGrove
Sep 25, 2006, 12:41 AM
I was also told that Capital II has hardly sold at all. It's all kind of sad news for the boom.
Not if they switch up Capital II from residential to office... not like it hasn't been done before (Met 2) and the office space would be nice.

Dale
Sep 25, 2006, 2:10 AM
But Capital I is going ahead ?

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 25, 2006, 2:33 AM
Not sure. It was just heresay, so you never know about those things.

Dale
Sep 25, 2006, 2:43 AM
Remember that misery loves company. A representative of a failed venture is going to want to assume everyone else is failing too. It's just human nature.

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 25, 2006, 11:34 PM
Remember that misery loves company. A representative of a failed venture is going to want to assume everyone else is failing too. It's just human nature.

Thanks for the reminder! Maybe we'll see many of the buildings we want to see after all. I think this relatively quiet hurricane season having proved predictors wrong might make a difference to some previously reluctant prospective buyers. :tup:

umiami305
Sep 26, 2006, 1:20 AM
I went around the city today and took a bunch of new pictures. I will try to post them tonight sometime. It might be later after MNFootball.

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 26, 2006, 1:24 AM
I forgot MNF was on! Thanks for the reminder!:)

hi123
Sep 26, 2006, 4:45 AM

hi123
Sep 26, 2006, 4:45 AM
^^ can' t wait for the pics umiami!:)

umiami305
Sep 26, 2006, 5:54 AM
Im working on it, its just a long process. I have to transfer them to pc. Then reduce the size of each pic. Then transfer to image shack so I can finally get them to our forums.

umiami305
Sep 26, 2006, 7:09 PM
Pictures taken 9/25/2006

MIAMI SKYLINE
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04393-1.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04397.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04354.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04384.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04389.jpg

Omni District
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04386.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04390.jpg

Brickell Financial District
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04306.jpg

CBD
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04337.jpg

MIA(New Terminal-notice Miami on the terminal, I thought that was cool)
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04407.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04401.jpg

Carnival Centre(PAC)
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04278.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04280.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04279.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04388.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04282.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04424.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04387.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04281.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04413.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04383.jpg

Biscayne Blvd Renovation(Widening Sidewalks & Straigtning the Street)
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04286.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04345.jpg

500 Brickell
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04301.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04304.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04300.jpg

Infinity
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04316.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04314.jpg

Axis
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04322.jpg

Avenue
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04321.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04310.jpg

Everglades on the Bay
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04291.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04333.jpg

Icon Brickell
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04299.jpg

Plaza at Brickell
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04309.jpg

The Loft II Downtown
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04332.jpg

Marquis
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04347.jpg

Flagler First Condominium- Renovation(I think thats the name)
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04329.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04328.jpg

Epic
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04292.jpg

900 Biscayne
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04416.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04289.jpg

Brickell on the River II
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04303.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04420.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04421.jpg

MET 2
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04295.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04297.jpg

MET 1
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04296.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04294.jpg

Ten Museum Park
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04425.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04287.jpg

Marina Blue
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04414.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04288.jpg

Asia
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04293.jpg

"Biscayne Wall"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04418.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04419.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04277.jpg

Apogee
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04374.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04372.jpg

Continuum II
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/umiami305/DSC04376.jpg

BornInTheGrove
Sep 26, 2006, 7:47 PM
UMiami... thank you for the tour... as always, u make me feel like i'm there. Awesome! Thanx again

Dale
Sep 26, 2006, 8:06 PM
SPECTACULAR !!!

Question: Are they streetscaping Biscayne all the way to the river ?

Paul305
Sep 26, 2006, 8:46 PM
Thanks umiami! Best...update...ever!

Btw, Dale, I think the streetscaping of everything south of the AAA has been done for a while. They are adding sidewalks for everything north of the arena and adding a landscaped median. Here's a pic of what it should look like when it is done:
http://www.miamiinvest.com/imagez/maps/improvebiscayne.jpg

brickell
Sep 26, 2006, 9:32 PM
Nice tour.

Benhamin
Sep 26, 2006, 9:41 PM
Jesus, Miami is on fire!!! Thanks a lot for the update.

bobdreamz
Sep 26, 2006, 10:10 PM
great pics UMiami as usual....it just incredible to see how much is being constructed.

Dougall5505
Sep 27, 2006, 3:00 AM
wow it seems like every single building u/c has two cranes

arch photographer
Sep 27, 2006, 2:53 PM
It is unreal! In one more year. Holy... all of those major towers wil be topped or close to it. Infinity Epic Marquis Everglades Paramount Bay ICON Avenue AXIS 900 Capital 500 and on and on. Next Sept they will all be topped off, and most of the rest will be underway, or 1/3 done it will be so frickin sick. I can't wait, and I can't wait to move!

Toucano
Sep 27, 2006, 3:40 PM
Nice Job UMiami305, as usual....

northbay
Sep 27, 2006, 10:01 PM
very nice tour UMiami305. y cant san francisco have that many cranes?

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 28, 2006, 2:05 AM
WOW! What an absolutely STUNNING display! Some really sharp photography there, especially of Ten Museum Park! I especially like the first one, taken from the MacArthur Causeway as you are just leaving South Beach, where he caught the spread of the Miami skyline from the Santa Maria to Ten Museum Park. Quite impressive! I couldn't help but sit and imagine the spaces being filled in by what's already under construction like Infinity 1, Plaza on Brickell, ICON Brickell, Met 2, 50 Biscayne, Everglades on the Bay, 900 Biscayne, and the Marquis. Of course we have the two Quantum towers under construction north of the spread with Opera Tower before them about to top off. As well, we have 3 Riverfront towers currently under construction (Wind, Ivy, and Mint) with 3 more planned of nearly equal height. As discussed, there is a lot planned that will not be built, but the more powerful developers and architects will still want to make a statement regardless of all esle. Give it a good 5 years at least to see what else will be built.

dave8721
Sep 29, 2006, 2:56 PM
Some nice renderings of the Flatiron because you can never see enough of those, plus some ground level shots:

http://www.kobikarp.com/images/flatiron001.jpg

http://www.kobikarp.com/images/flatiron004.jpg

http://www.kobikarp.com/images/flatiron003.jpg

brickell
Sep 29, 2006, 3:50 PM
Has there been in talk about Citiplace lately? Was it officially canceled or is it up for sale like so many other projects?

Dale
Sep 29, 2006, 4:03 PM
Two questions:

(1) Is Flatiron still alive ?

(2) Is SSC still alive ?

NewAtlantisMiami
Sep 29, 2006, 4:30 PM
Two questions:

(1) Is Flatiron still alive ?

(2) Is SSC still alive ?

I think Flatiron is still alive. A couple of weeks back, it was featured in a Sunday Miami Herald article about "Starchitects." It was about developers commissioning star architects to design their buildings and make them sell. :cool:

Toucano
Sep 29, 2006, 5:20 PM
I think it may be dead, I saw a For sale sign on the property last week...

brickell
Sep 29, 2006, 5:21 PM
FlatIron does have a big "For Sale" sign up. I don't think that means it's dead, yet. But it's not a good sign.

MiamiSpartan
Oct 1, 2006, 5:43 PM
Great shots, but sad about the Capital project. I would LOVE to see those two towers anchoring the south end of the Miami skyline...

WonderlandPark
Oct 1, 2006, 5:47 PM
wow, stunning collection of towers. Think can you spare a high rise for L.A.?

NewAtlantisMiami
Oct 1, 2006, 6:54 PM
Great shots, but sad about the Capital project. I would LOVE to see those two towers anchoring the south end of the Miami skyline...

I went by the Capital site just last Saturday, and it was covered with construction materials, but no real construction. Not sure if that is the beginning of something or an abandonment. You can never really tell from the sales agents. Some will say anything to keep their project alive. I'm disappointed that Element and Onyx2 won't be anchoring the north end of the skyline.

Dale
Oct 2, 2006, 3:41 AM
I went by the Capital site just last Saturday, and it was covered with construction materials, but no real construction. Not sure if that is the beginning of something or an abandonment. You can never really tell from the sales agents. Some will say anything to keep their project alive. I'm disappointed that Element and Onyx2 won't be anchoring the north end of the skyline.

I wouldn't despair on Capital. No one's said it's supposed to start immediately. I've heard 4th Qtr., or before end of year.

NewAtlantisMiami
Oct 4, 2006, 2:39 AM
Sunday, I drove to Sunny Isles for the first time in a long time and was blown away by the approach from 163rd Street. It looked like something out of a sci-fi movie, a futuristic version of some part of New YorK. I can hardly wait to see what the approach to Miami from Key Biscayne and South Beach is going to look like in the next 5 years!

DGM
Oct 4, 2006, 7:10 AM
I remain optimistic about capital. For those of you that don't: http://www.multi-housingnews.com/multihousing/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003054685 it seems that it will break ground before the end of the year. The article is recent and the source is credible.