Like this building on Facebook
|Iowa State Capitol|
|Grand Avenue at East 9th Street|
Des Moines IA United States
| - capitol building|
| - government|
| - lowrise|
| - dome|
| - beaux arts|
| - italianate|
| - limestone|
| - gold|
| - granite|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||275 ft||Iowa Tour Guide Supervisor, March 29, 2007|
- Architect: John C. Cochrane/A.H. Piquenard
- Length x Width: 111 meters x 75 meters
- Costs at Completion: $2,873,294.59
- The rotunda beneath the dome measures 67 feet (20.4 meters) in diameter, and the dome measures 80 feet (24.3 meters) in diameter.
- This is Iowa's second capitol building constructed. The first was completed in Iowa City in 1842.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.