Like this building on Facebook
|Texas State Capitol|
|1100 North Congress Avenue|
Austin TX United States
|Floor Area||37,890 m²|
| - capitol building|
| - government|
| - highrise|
| - dome|
| - neo-classical|
| - stone|
| - limestone|
| - granite|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Spire||311 ft||State of Texas|
|Roof||295 ft||State of Texas|
Neighborhood: Capitol Complex
Development Zone: N/A
Design Architect: Elijah E. Myers
Architect: Friedly & Voshardt
General Contractor: Mattheas Schell
- Length x Width: 89.9 meters x 91.4 meters
- This is the largest state capitol building in the United States of America.
- The statue atop the dome is 15 feet 7 1/2 inches tall.
- The interior ceiling of the dome is 266 feet/81.08 meters high.
- This was the tallest building in Austin for 86 years from 1888 to 1972.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.