Like this building on Facebook
|SEP Torre Independencia|
|Insurgentes Norte 423, U.H.Tlatelolco, Cuauhtemoc|
| - unused|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - hole|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - aluminium|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||417 ft||Historic references|
• Architect: Mario Pani Darqui / Luis Ramos
• Constructor: CYR Construcciones S.A. de C.V., (http://www.cyr.com.mx).
• Promotor: Cushmann & Wakefield.
• Bells Producer: Petit & Fritsen.
• Other: Laboratorios LIAC S.A. de C.V.
• When built, "Torre Insignia" was the 2nd tallest building of the country, still as the tallest of the north of the city, is one of the most distinctive elements of the skyline.
• This pyramid-shaped tower built with reinforced concrete was totally remodeled at least three times, had the biggest carrillion (Musical steeple) of the country, the bells: 47 in total had a weight of 26 tons, made by Petit & Fritsen as a gift from Belgium, The larger one -named Hidalgo- with 5 tons of weight.
• A peculiar fact is the absence of vertical columns, the entirely weight is transmitted by diagonal elements, the external stairways was built on the 80's for fireproof regulations, the building still unused since the end of the 80's, due to deterioration and lack of maintenance. It was ownered and repaired by new investors in 2006.
• The original owner was the Mexican Government's Bank BANOBRAS and use the tower as their main offices and logo.
• The color paintings on the top sides are an artistic collaboration of Carlos Merida inspired on pre-Hispanic symbols.
• The east and west facades are inclinated 15°.
• It has endured many earthquakes, without suffering any severe damage in their structure.
• Site: 7,716.06 m².
The new owner Change on 2014 the name to "Torre Independencia"
• Reference images:
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.