Like this building on Facebook
|La Grande Bibliothèque|
|475 boulevard De Maisonneuve Est|
Montreal QC Canada
| - library|
| - lowrise|
La Grande Bibliothè±µe unites together French and English language collections. Key facts from its opening April 30/2005:
* Construction budget (equipment and land included): $97.6 million (The initial construction budget for the project ordered by the Qué¢¥c government in January 2000, before work began, was $90.6 million. That amount was revised to $97.6 million in November 2002.)
* Computer architecture: $12.7 million? New acquisitions of documents: $17.2 million
* Document processing and integration into the catalogue: $14.1 million
* Purchase of the collections of the Bibliothè±µe centrale de Montré¡¬ under an agreement between the Qué¢¥c government and Ville de Montré¡¬: $35 million
* Total floorspace: 33,000 square metres on 6 levels? Number of employees: close to 400, including more than 250 serving the public
* Collections: 4 million documents
o 1.2 million books;
o 1.2 million other documents (journals, magazines, newspapers, music CDs and cassettes, DVDs, videocassettes, reference works, software, etc.);
o 1.6 million microforms (microfiches and microfilms)
An international architecture competition selected a group including Vancouver based Patkau architects for this signature Montreal building.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.