Like this building on Facebook
|590 Madison Avenue|
|590 Madison Avenue, Plaza District|
New York City NY United States
|Floor Area||93,592 m²|
| - office|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - atrium|
| - cantilever|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - granite|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
- Architect: Edward Larrabee Barnes & Associates
- Developer: The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
- Owner: E.J. Minskoff Equilities Inc.
- The entrance to the lobby on Madison Avenue is "sliced off" diagonally resulting in the corner of the building looming over the plaza.
- Home to a large expansive, glass enclosed, winter garden on 56th Street home to bamboo trees, dining, and sculptures.
- Sold to E.J. Minskoff Equilities Inc. from The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) in 1994. As of December 2007 it is 98% leased.
- One of the three luxurious office towers that make up The Plaza office district which also include the Trump Tower and Sony Tower.
- Like its next door neighbor, the Sony Tower, both buildings are home to an atrium and both building's main developers (IBM, AT&T) left the building not long after they where completed.
- Building Cost: $10 million (in 1983)
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.