Like this building on Facebook
| Intended completion date||2012|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architects: Hrvoj Bakran, Drazen Plevk and Zdravki Krasic.
• The design is inspired by the black monolith which features in the opening scene of 2001, Space Odyssey, when famous moments in film, prehistoric humans anecstors encounter this mysterious object. The same comparing is thought to the city for tourists.
• The scheme is literally called Black Monolith, perhaps in tribute to the Stanley Kubrick movie.
• The architects won out of 8 finalists a competition to design the tallest building in the city.
• The facade, shape and volume is a minimalist approach, it features a smoothly glazed near pure black box like a sentinel in city skyline. The massing of the building even takes on similar dimensions to the famous flat slab from the movie with a slender width and broader front and almost identical ratios of 1 to 4 to 9. The same approach of Anthony Masters production design.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.