Like this building on Facebook
|Centro Empresarial Cidade Jardim|
|Av Antônio Carlos Magalhães 771, Itaigara BR-41850-000|
Salvador BA Brazil
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - streamline moderne|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - limestone|
| - aluminium|
| - granite|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - brick|
• Architect: Fernando Peixoto.
• Gardening: Parnaso Estrutura.
• Fundation: Nivaldo Antônio Fundações.
• Electric & Hidraulic: FOA Elétrica e hidráulica.
• Systems: HS Prevenção contra incêndio.
• Constructors: José Rebello Construção, Jorge Brasil, Ruy Mota Santos, Alcoa (brises), Sûr (Elevators), Sincol (doors), Granobrás (granite), Alubrasa (windows), Atlas (ceramic).
• Virtual Sculpture.
• Site: 2008,50 m².
• The proposal was to conciliate an office building shared with a gas station and a convenience store in a typical residential neighborhood. The biggest challenge of the project was to harmonize two uses, which require clear separation of hits in the same batch.
• The result has been facilitated by the conformation of the land, located in a corner: the gas station was facing the main road (occupying most of the projection of the ground), while the building is facing the side street (restriction suffering of area). This limitation influenced the characterization of the volume of the building, tall and slim. Another unusual factor is the situation of the underground: part of it is implanted under the gas station, in an area not compromised by tanks of fuel.
• The environment is composed of residential buildings, which led the author to choose "sculptural forms", so the building stands out from the others and defines its "role of commercial unequivocally. To obtain these forms, the building is covered by a kind of second skin of brises aluminum (which vary tone, between the silver and copper), and marked by small niche of ceramics, alternating between the blue and red.
• The appearance is the final volume of a monolithic, that hides small openings, consisting of frames of low cost, a simplified structure of reinforced concrete. In addition to mark the identity of the building, the second skin helps to reduce internal heat load, because avoids the impact of sunlight directly on the windows. That kind of characterization, which combines a graphic with the economy of means, became a registered trademark of the architect.
• Info Page (Portuguese): http://www.arcoweb.com.br/arquitetura/arquitetura12.asp
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.