Like this building on Facebook
|Via Ripamonti, Parco Agricolo Sud Milano (Città della Scienza) I-2010|
| - science|
| - hospital|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - aluminium|
| - carbon-fibre|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Stefano Boeri - Boeri Studio.
• Institute: CERBA - Centro Europeo per la Ricerca Biomedica Avanzata http://www.cerba.it/
• The Cerba (European Center for Advanced Biomedical Research) is an extremely ambitious project that transforms Milan in the European capital of medical research, in direct competition with research centers and Japanese Americans.
• The CERBA apply a single model in Europe based on integration and coordination of the functions of research, diagnosis, treatment and training, with a common basis in the development and application of Molecular Medicine.
• The validity of a similar model has been demonstrated, in the U.S. by the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, currently the largest biomedical research complex in the world.
• In a first phase would be present science oncology, cardiovascular, and the neurosciences. Following others to be added gradually to create a complex so large that it can be called "City of Science".
• The project also seems like a good solution to the "brain drain" from Europe to North America and Japan, prefiguring an international center of excellence that can also attract foreign researchers.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.