Like this building on Facebook
|Palau de la Música Catalana|
|Carrer de Sant Francesc de Paula, La Ribera|
| - theatre|
| - lowrise|
| - stadium|
| - statue|
| - streamline moderne|
| - beaux arts|
| - spanish revival|
• Architect: Lluís Domènech i Montaner.
• 12th March 1904: The Orfeó Català (Catalan Choral Society) requests a building project and quotation from the architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner for their society headquarters, the future Palau de la Música Catalana.
• 31st May 1904: Domènech i Montaner is granted approval to carry out the project.
• 13th October 1904: The deed is signed for the property containing the former cloister of the convent of Sant Francesc on which the Palau is to be built.
• 23rd April 1905: An official ceremony is held to celebrate the placement of the first stone.
• 19th May 1906: Six thousand bonds are issued at one hundred pesetas each to finance the project.
• 9th February 1908: Official inauguration of the Palau de la Música Catalana.
• Over 100 years, the history of the Palau as a concert hall is identified with the musical events that took place within its walls.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.