Like this building on Facebook
Novocherkassk ROS Russia
| - religious|
| - church|
| - clock|
| - byzantine|
| - steel|
| - marble|
| - brick|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architects: A. A. Yashchenko (project), I. P. Zlobin (building).
• Artists: I. F. Porfirov, Gryaznov.
• Sculptor: Voznitski.
• Third cathedral in Russia by size after Christ the Saviour cathedral in Moscow and St. Isaak cathedral in St. Petersburg. The cathedral in Novocherkassk seats 5000 worships.
• Weight: 135000 t.
• Outside length is 76.8 m, inside 72.5 m.
• Outside width is 62 m, inside 57.6 m.
• Dome diameter outside is 21.5 m, inside 18 m.
• Distance between Christ's eyes in his image is 1 m.
• Painting "The Last Judgement" is 75 m long.
• Painting "The Last Supper" is 13 m long.
• Cathedral was blessed in 6th of May in 1905.
• In Soviet period cathedral was used as a warehouse.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.