Like this building on Facebook
|Cité Administrative de l'État|
|Avenue Pacheco 19 (Ville de Bruxelles)|
|Floor Area||141,621 m²|
| - unused|
| - garden|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - lowrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - concrete|
• Architects: Groupe Alpha, Hugo van Kuyck, Georges Ricquier, Marcel Lambrichs en Robert Schuiten.
• The whole project was officially completed with the completion of the "Tour Finance" in 1984. For almost 25 years the north site of the city center was an enormous construction site.
• The buildings of the Cité Administrative were a symbol of the Belgian federal government as it housed many governmental offices.
• The three buildings (Tour Finance excluded) have French names: "Arcades", "Vésale" and "Esplanade". In Dutch: "Arcadengebouw", "Vesaliusgebouw" and "Esplanadegebouw".
• The complex is currently unused. Redevelopment plans can be found on this site (In Dutch): http://www.cae-rac.be/cae-rac-broch-NL.pdf
• Google Search
| || |
Drawing by THEc
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.