Like this building on Facebook
|Sheikh Zayed Rd, Trade Center District|
Dubai United Arab Emirates
| Intended completion date||2012|
| - mixed use|
| - hotel|
| - mechanical|
| - office|
| - parking garage|
| - residential|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - cantilever|
| - landing pad|
| - revolving floor|
| - concrete core|
| - futurism|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - fabric|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
- Architect: David Fisher / Dynamic Architecture Group / Infinity Design s.r.l.
- Development: Rotating Tower Dubai Development Ltd / G.H.Lally / Sheikh Mejren bin Mohammed bin Sultan
- Engineer: Leslie E. Robertson / Rotating Tower Technology International Ltd / Bosch Rexroth of Bosch Group / Lehr Consultants International / Barker Mohandas / Kerakoll SpA /
- Constructor: Rotating Tower Dubai Development Ltd / Dynamic Group / Mirax Group
- Prefabrication: Grupo Gedi / Rotating Tower Industries Inc. / Leonardo da Vinci smart bathroom / Kriston Enterprises Ltd of Greece
- Will be the first morphing building, all the 80 floors could slowly rotate 360 degrees.
- Will create their own electric power with 79 Turbo-generators between floors and a group of photovoltaic cells.
The first 20 floors will be for retail space (not rotating), next 15 for a hotel, next 35 floors residential apartments and the top 10 floors luxury villa-style apartments.
The original schedule was with pre-fabrication on august of 2008 the pre-assembly (montage) on October-November 2008, but all 2009 still without starting. The new schedule is 2010-2012 but at the end of march of 2011 only foundations was built and declared on hold.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.