Like this building on Facebook
|1 Emaar Boulevard|
Dubai United Arab Emirates
|Floor Area||517,240 m²|
| - mixed use|
| - communication|
| - hotel|
| - observation|
| - office|
| - residential|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - aluminium|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Spire||2717 ft||Official website|
|Top floor||2093 ft||Otis Elevator company|
|Concrete structure||1972 ft||Putzmeister/ Wikipedia (German)|
|Highest occupied floor||1916 ft||CTBUH|
|Highest occupied floor is at 584m (excluding technical space)|
• World's tallest building since 2009 (eclipsing Taipei's Taipei 101) and now the world's tallest man-made structure.
• The Height of Burj Dubai, as it was known prior to its renaming as Burj Khalifa, was kept private until the building's completion in 2010. The developer held a tight grip over the buildings final height, although in 2006 a height of 808 meters had been leaked by an individual familiar with the technical aspects of the project. Ultimately in 2009 the official height, 20 meters taller than the leaked figure, was confirmed and the Burj Khalifa would claim the title of World's Tallest Building at 828 meters.
• Topped-out on January 17th, 2009.
• Work on the foundation started in January 2004.
• When announced in early 2003, the Burj Khalifa's design was the same as the 560 meter tall Melbourne Grollo Tower. However, in May 2003 a new design by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill was released.
• An observation deck is located on the 124th floor.
• Burj Khalifa has the fastest elevators in the world with a speed of 700m/min (42.3 km/h / 26.1 mp/h).
• Pre-opening day was Septembering 9th, 2009.
• Official opening day was January 4th, 2010.
• SkyscraperPage is the proud supplier of building illustrations for the Burj Khalifa's observation deck and the Burj Khalifa's official website.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.