Like this building on Facebook
|71 South Wacker Drive|
Chicago IL United States
|Floor Area||157,934 m²|
| - office|
| - parking garage|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Main roof||671 ft|
|Top floor||659 ft|
• Design Architect: Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
• Associate Architect: A. Epstein & Sons International, Inc.
• Landscape designer: Peter Schaudt
• The building's shape can be described as a "flattened football".
• The design of Hyatt Center by Harry Cobb of Pei Cobb Freid was originally planned as La Tour Hines in Paris by the Hines Corp.
• The building's plaza has been notorious for its unfriendly security and tenants only lobby. This has been called an "overreaction to 9/11".
• Original plans called for a 60 story tower designed by Lord Norman Foster and was planned to serve as headquarters for the Global Hyatt Corporation, plans were revised after 9/11 and the economic downturn.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.