• Started: Juni 2005 - Units 2 & 3.
• Finished: The first power station block was finished only in 1972 in the net service.
• Till 1976 a total of three 300MW blocks and two 600MW blocks were put into operation.
• Units 2 & 3: 2010 in service.
• 9 blocks: 5 in units 1&2 and 4 in units 3&4.
• Units 1 & 2: Built.
• Units 3 & 4: Under Construction.
• In Grevenbroich-Neurath originates the most modern brown coal-fired power station of the world. 2.2 billion euros the project can cost RWE. Both new power station blocks 2 and 3 - number 1 is already in Niederaußem in the net - six million metric tons will blow yearly less CO2 in the environment than the old plants for which they substitute. In rush hours 4,000 construction workers should deal in Neurath. Till 2010 the power station new building employs several Thousand workers related with RWE.
• The already built Units 1 & 2 with Five blocks cover with more than 2,200 megawatts, more than ten percent of the installed achievement of the RWE power stations belonging to it.
• Both power station blocks, Units 2 & 3, will have a gross achievement of 1,100 megawatts in each case and an efficiency of more than 43 percent. The most striking components are both buildings for the steam generators (kettle) which are formed in similar optics like the Niederaußemer block, and both cooling towers.
• The company surface of both new blocks encloses just 37 hectares. From this less than 50 percent are farmed. As an ecological balance power RWE for the establishment of both new power station blocks including siding track and free management becomes about 23 hectares of arable land in the area Neurath, Sinsteden and Vanikum after one with the affected local authority districts and the scenery authorities co-ordinated draught afforest. There, about 10 hectares of field surface will offer a retreat space and development area by a special land utilisation system in particular to animal species of the open land.
• RWE Power will close down six 150-megawatt blocks in the power station village Frimmers, before introduction of the first new blocks. A suitable regulation is a part of the notification of permission of Düsseldorf's government from the 20th June, 2005. Over a period of about two years after admission of the commercial achievement, company of the new power station blocks, four other 150MW blocks should go down in village Frimmers or Niederaußem from the net. Two other 150MW blocks should follow in the same period if the care situation admits this in the RWE net.
• Unfortunatly, during construction of Units 2&3, 450ton Steel fell down from a 200m high Mammut Crane, killing on 25.10.2007, 3 workers from ages of 25,32 and 35 years old. One of them stayed for 3 days in a height of about 70m after crash waiting for removal. Two of them came from Slovakia, one from Czechia. 300 rescue vehicles among 5 helicopters were moved to the accident site.
• Photo & Rendering Link: http://www.bauingenieur24.de/sharedpics/pics_news/1864_1.jpg
• More info:
- Official Building Page:
- Official Source:
- Unofficial Sources:
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.