Like this building on Facebook
|Casa Das Rosas|
|Av. Paulista, 37 - Paraíso Zona Sul|
Sao Paulo SP Brazil
|Floor Area||2,845 m²|
|Units / Rooms||38|
| - mixed use|
| - library|
| - museum|
| - lowrise|
| - renaissance revival|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - marble|
| - brick|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
Architect: Ramos de Azevedo & Felisberto Ranzini
Site Area: 5,500 m2
The house is an historic monument at SP city which could not be destroyed. It is a cultural monument today.
The Casa das Rosas (Roses House) received this name as in its site of 5500m2 a Rose Garden is constructed in resemblance with the similar ones in Europe for example the Versailles Palace Rose Garden.
First projected at final twenties years from Architect Ramos de Azevedo, serving as residence for his daughter Lúcia, married with Engineer Ernesto Dias de Castro. Ramos de Azevedo did not seen the completation the house, while died in 12 June of 1928 and the construction was concluded 7 years after, signed from Felisberto Ranzini. During 51 years, remained in this house his daughter, Lucia Ramos de Azevedo and the husband Ernesto Dias de Castro, afterwards occupied from Ernesto Dias de Castro Filho and wife, Anna Rosa, one reason why also the house receives today its name, House of Roses.
The house has 30 rooms in French Renaissance style with front of a site at Av. Paulista. The rear part of site with front to Al. Santos was constructed in 1990 an office glassy green building http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=63625 which is common referenced to Casa das Rosas building.
As residence used until 1986, the maison was from SP State Government taken (Governo do Estado) and the CONDEPHAAT (Conselho de Defesa do Patrimônio Histórico, Arqueológico, Artístico e Turístico do Estado de São Paulo) preserved it as a monumental Cultural place since 22 October 1985. From 1986 to 1991 was renovated. In 11 March 1991, the Secretaria de Estado da Cultura inaugurated as cultural space known as Casa das Rosas – Galeria Estadual de Arte, which serves as an art exhibition museum. In March of 2003 was again closed to renovation.
In 09 December 2004, the house is again inaugurated as poetry space named Espaço Haroldo de Campos de Poesia e Literatura, receiving 30 thousand works of his poems, used as library Haroldo de Campos (1929-2003). Since then expositions, musical concerts, cultural and as library were here developed. Today has direction of professor and poet Frederico Barbosa who idealized the Espaço Haroldo de Campos de Poesia e literatura for poesy divulgation.
Since July 2007 the house is prepared for an event of architecture, design and decoration called CAD Brasil 2007. Its noble floors are prepared in 38 spaces, each one for a poet and style. In following 2 months the house would receive some hydraulic and electric improvements, an handicaps access lift, a Coffee-Shop and a small shop.
After that the house is again renovated as poesy space for the collection of Haroldo de Campos for general public.
Photo Search Link:
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.