Like this building on Facebook
|Torre São Paulo I|
|Av. Presidente Juscelino Kubitschek 2041 Vila Olímpia BR-04543-906|
Sao Paulo SP Brazil
|Floor Area||90,430 m²|
| - office|
| - restaurant|
| - highrise|
| - landing pad|
| - international|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - aluminium|
| - granite|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|55m x 55m - Plan View|
|27,5m x 27,5m - Inside Plan View|
|Previous roof||425 ft||Arquitectonica|
|without Torsional Glass Spires|
• Zona Sul.
• Architect: Arquitectonica.
• Constructor: WTorre Empreendimentos (Walter Torres Emp.), Isabel Duprat, Grumont Equipamentos.
• Ex-Owner: Ergi Empreendimentos.
• New Owner & Tenant: Banco Santander.
Facts & Description
• Originally constructed by Andrade Gutierrez to be the Eletropaulo Headquarters in middle of the 80ies, after troubles, like the quality of the ground, the building was demanding extra reinforcement in his foundations, which also was raising the price of the project and due to the privatization of the company in 1998, the new owners put the building in auction several times till the Portuguese bank Holy Spirit bought it for somewhat more of R$ 140 millions, construction was stopped leaving only the concrete frame completed. Only in 2006, the Portugueses sold the space for around R$ 350 millions to the W/Torre.
• In March 2007 a crane was assembled atop the building, the same month that construction resumed after several years on hold.
• The first project designed by Aflalo & Gasperini Arquitetos with a spire of 150.9m, using Eletropaulo Structure concrete frame, was modified by Arquitectonica when WTorre Empreendimentos bought the unfinished building from Eletropaulo. Before that as Eletropaulo Headquarters (Companhia Elétrica de Sao Paulo) too many expectulations were made, implosion of the structure cause of water infiltration problems, a huge tower of 40 floors with shopping and other ones, lefting the unfinished frame unused for years.
• The total number of floors was increased from 32 to 35, but when construction resumed (in 2007) the top four floors were demolished, reducing the building height to 28 floors. Only then the 7 new floors were built.
• This mixed-use development consists of three phases. The first phase of the project involves the design of the building facade and interiors for a 90.430 m² existing structure to be fitted out as an office tower, including floor plan layouts and interior design of lobbies and common area. This phase also includes the construction of six levels of underground parking with a total of 164.349 m². This tower is the first incorporation of WTorre JK, which includes 3000m² of floors, with 2750m² of use area, conventional center for 300 people, theater with 270 places, 2 restaurants, coffe-shop, Heliport Class P10 24x24m among other amenities.
• The second and third phase will be called Juscelino Kubitschek Financial Center with an expansion of Shopping Iguatemi, a hotel tower and a smaller office mix-used tower:
A skybridge would be implemented to reach the new theater for community, renovating the park in front, called Parque do Povo, in which WTorre spends R$6 million its 112000 m², the same area of Aclimação Park,using 5000 tons of constructions garbage of project Nova Luz, near Luz Central Trains Station (Estação da Luz), with implementations like public swimming pools, Football court and Identified noble Trees, among other public activities in leisure affairs, project of André Graziano near Ponte Cidade Jardim for SP city in Gilberto Kassab city hall administration.
• Construction was resumed in early 2007, and four people were killed during the installation of a second construction crane atop the building in 25.June of that year.
• Banco Santander bought the building recently for its Headquarters, the most expensive transation made in Brazil until today. Cost of R$1.06 billion (US$650 million).
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.