Like this building on Facebook
|Museu de Arte de São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand|
|Avenida Paulista, 1578 - Bela Vista|
Sao Paulo SP Brazil
| - museum|
| - lowrise|
| - stilts|
| - brutalist|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete (plain)|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - concrete|
• Architect: Lina Bo Bardi.
• This is the second home for the Sao Paulo Museum of Art.
• The museums collection is often considered the best in the Southern Hemisphere.
• Originally planned for Rio De Janeiro, the plan for the museum was moved to Sao Paulo, as it was easier to get funding for such a museum, there.
• The building is unique in that it was built atop 4 pillars to preserve a view into the old city center.
• Queen Elizabeth II of England visited the museum during its inaugural year in 1968.
• Photo Link: http://www.casaclub.com.br/fotos/albums/tour/feira_masp.jpg
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.