Like this building on Facebook
|Graça; Praça Tomé de Souza, Praça Cairu|
Salvador BA Brazil
| - transportation|
| - vertical ride|
| - art deco|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect/Developer: Antônio Francisco de Lacerda.
• Constructor: Augusto Frederico de Lacerda.
• Operator: STP (Superintendência de Transporte Público).
• The structure started construction in 1869 and was completed in 1873, named Elevador Hidráulico da Conceição. It used steel parts imported from England. Actually is divided in 2 towers, each one with 2 elevators, the first inside the rock and after 1930, an articulated structure tower direct to Lower city part. In 1896 was renamed to Elevador Lacerda. Inaugurated on 08.12.1873.
• Between 07.1906 and 01.1907, the earlier 2 elevators were reconstructed so as to be powered by electricity instead of hydrolics, the elevators were then replaced in 1930, with 4 modern electric ones today, each for 27 people.
• The elevators travel 72 meters in 30 seconds, 754.534 passengers use the elevator per month.
• Throughout its history has gone through four major reforms and revisions:
- July 1906: its electrification,
- 1930: it was added two more lifts and a new tower,
- early 1980's: a revision in complete system and at the structure of concrete was made,
- 1997: review of the entire electrical machinery and electro-electronic.
• The renovation of 1930 had also the change of facade to architecture style Art Deco.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.