Like this building on Facebook
|2931 John R Street|
Detroit MI United States
|Units / Rooms||69|
| - residential|
| - office|
| - fitness center|
| - highrise|
| - beaux arts|
| - brick|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Roof||118 ft||The Garrison Company, January 4, 2006|
|to penthouse roof deck|
|Main roof||94 ft||The Garrison Company, January 4, 2006|
|to main roof deck parapet|
- Architect: Louis Kamper
- Redeveloper: Detroit Urban Living, LLC
- Architect (renovation): BVH Architecture, Inc.
- General Contractor (renovation): The Garrison Company
- This structure was originally built as a hotel, and one of the few in the country to cater to wealthy Black Americans, at the time.
- The structure undwent a complete renovation and reconstruction ending in 2005 that convereted the structure to residential condominium usage with ground-floor office space.
- The 2005 renovation also extended the height of the building when an 11-foot residential penthouse was added to the top of the existing mechanical penthouse.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.