|Crown Las Vegas|
|2600 Las Vegas Boulevard South|
Las Vegas NV United States
| Intended completion date||2011|
|Units / Rooms||3,975|
| - hotel|
| - casino|
| - conference|
| - observation|
| - parking garage|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - futurism|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Spire||1888 ft||SOM Tower Elevation Section Plan, December 11, 2006|
|height to top of rooftop element|
|Roof||1648 ft||SOM Tower Elevation Section Plan, December 11, 2006|
|height to principal roof below dome|
- Architect: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (Tower) and Steelman Design Group (Podium)
- Developer: IDM Properties/York Capital Management/Publishing and Broadcasting Ltd.
Facts & Description:
- The Crown Las Vegas was to be located just north of the Fontainbleau Hotel, on the former site of Wet'n Wild water park along Las Vegas Boulevard.
- If completed, this project will be the tallest building in the United States, and the tallest hotel in the world.
- The structural design of Las Vegas Tower is modeled after that of Burj Dubai in Dubai.
- Crown Las Vegas was cancelled in March 2008, the land was put up for sale. Originally with a height of 1,800 feet, the tower was scaled back to 1,063 feet due to height concerns from the nearby McCarren International Airport, leading to its cancellation.
• Google Search
| || |
Drawing by Sbros